1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Great tonight. Some tidy first touches.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Constantly offering himself to take the ball in.

He's like Rodgers' Scottish Joe Allen.

celticpro likes this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't think I've ever seen him give the ball away.

Never seen a Scottish player so calm on the ball and with such a good touch. Would always start him away from home in Europe in a midfield 3.

Never ever hides.

Senna s1979 likes this.
  4. joemc

I love Armstrong but if this stalemate goes anorher week ,sell and put callum closer to first team games in his position .

packybhoy and ladbroke8 like this.
  5. ladbroke8

I watched the compilation of his Celtic goals and honestly if someone told you they were Paddy Roberts goals you wouldn't question it. Fantastic product from our youth setup. Should spend his career here.

Senna s1979 and celticpro like this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Good lad Callum, deserved your slot last night and played well. Just getting better.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He seems to get better with every minute he plays. Can't believe he wasn't involved in the home game tbh.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Deserves a place in Scotland midfeild alongside Armstrong and brown

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

9. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Been saying for a couple seasons now he's vastly underrated by our support.
    Nice to see he's getting some well deserved credit.

jpb, Valhalla and JC Anton like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CM on #UCLdraw: "We got the news just as we started training. It’s a good draw for us and we’ll be looking forward to going back there."

CM: "They are a big physical side and gave us a good game last season. We did well to progress so it will be another tough task."

CM: "The experience from last season could stand us in good stead. We just need to be as best prepared as we can for it."

CM: "The games are coming in thick and fast now and as players that’s what we want."

CM: "Few different competitions as well so we’ll need to make sure we start well in the league tomorrow."

CM on Hearts: "We know they can give us a tough game especially at Celtic Park."

CM: "They tend to be a bit more defensive. We know that, though, and will be prepared for that tomorrow."

CM: "For me, it’s just trying to do more of the same - score goals and help the team win."

CM: "The manager has been excellent with me and I keep trying to repay him with good performances."

CALLUM McGregor played his part in Celtic’s victory over Rosenborg in Trondheim on Wednesday night, a result which put the Hoops into the play-off round of the UEFA Champions League.

The draw has pitted Brendan Rodgers’ side against FC Astana of Kazakhstan, a team they eliminated from the third qualifying round stage of the competition last season, and McGregor is looking forward to facing them again.

“It’s a good draw for us and we’ll be looking forward to going back there,” he said. “We got the news just as we started training. We know the stadium, and the experience from last season could stand us in good stead.

“I thought they were a good side. They were a big physical side and gave us a good game. We did well to progress, and it will be a tough task.”

The first-leg of the tie is at Celtic Park on Wednesday, August 16, while the Hoops will make the long journey to Kazakhstan the following week, with the return leg in the Astana Arena on Tuesday, August 22.

And while the preference is always to play away from home first, McGregor says that the team will focus on getting a good result at Celtic Park to take on their travels.

“To navigate through the first two qualifiers the way we did was good,” he said. “We’ll take good confidence going into that from the way we played on Wednesday night. As I said, we're just looking forward to it.

“I don’t think the travelling will be a problem - you just try and get your head around it as soon as you can. We know we’re going there so we just prepare for it as best as we can.

“It’s good that we played them last season, so that could give us an edge going into the game. It was the reverse the last time, playing away from home first, but this time it’s just about us preparing for the home game to try get a good result and then travel over there.

"It was tense going into the last 10 minutes of the game against Astana here. I watched it back yesterday and Moussa did well to win the penalty and stick it away. It was a good moment for him and the boys.

“You can see us getting fitter. The idea of how we played last season is coming back as well. Everybody’s sort of familiarising themselves with that and in every game we seem to be getting better and better.”

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Ak1

Love CMG.

I accept he struggled for consistency before BR arrived, but you could always see his potential.

His link up play, and eye for attacking space is superb.

Still puts a smile on my face when I remember his finish in the semi final last season against Rangers.

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

A beautiful, graceful wee player. So underrated, think he has been great.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Starting to get some serious man love now for wee McGregor.

Tries his hardest, silky as * at times, and becoming ever more important to this squad.

Plus, he's a wee homegrown dude, which is always nice!

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. celtic20

So good on the ball, just knows what to do next.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Immense again today.

Still canny believe he's Scottish.

19. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

A product of Lennoxtown, technically one of the best we have produced since the days of Maloney and McGeady.

Armstrong got all the plaudits last season, but this boy pushed him all the way. Back to back Sevco goals, big performances - He has been immense for the past 6 months.

A homegrown player of real gifted ability.

20. Murph-E

Well * me, he was excellent today. One of his best performances.