1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CheGuevara, Oct 18, 2016.

Discuss Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JoeDan67

I would say just ignore them. They are a complete irrelevance who will (hopefully) soon be mourning the death of their favorite club. Again.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Freedom of the press is all very well but they should also be held accountable for lies and slander.

This isn't us getting upset over hearing the truth, this is a systematic and sustained campaign to unsettle our club.

Enough is enough.

Loads of decent media outlets probably can't get access to Celtic Park on press day because there isn't the room to accommodate them, why should the * * deprive them of a place?

I would rather watch an interview done by Harry Brady than listen to these agenda driven * every time they open their fat * mouths.

Listen to the Brendan and Erik interviews for the Gladbach game, loaded question after loaded question.

StPauli1916 and Gabriel like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Would we allow Rangers News or the * Vanguard Bears access to our press conferences?

That's the sort of places these mutants frequent.

4. Minimalist

Well, im in the minority according to the poll.

I am the first to vilify, disapprove, condemn and detest the Daily Record in any form and its vindicated as their circulation sales are steadily declining.

Although I don't adhere to the idea of banning them, the reason is that it hits the grey area of suppressing their media freedom and the right of freedom of expression. The irony of us banning a paper because we don't like what they publish rather than addressing the moral ambiguity around them that they have; Sevco bias, propaganda and enmity. It would be better if the Board produced a statement on them, which details their parochialism and denial, then treat them appropriately. I wish we would call them out and confront them.

5. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    My own personal view, I voted "Yes". I would much prefer if fans didn't buy it. I do think the club should challenge them more on the stories they produce. Didn't Fergus take them to court and they were forced to write an apology in the paper?? A miserly one if I remember correctly.

I rarely buy a "newspaper"(In the lightest sense with regards to the DR). On the odd occasion I will purchase The Herald, but even that has dropped its standards in recent times.

I think standard of sports reporting is so poor, across all mediums in Scotland. Sportscence is a shambles, Radio Scotland(bar the odd individual) coverage and insistence on having Craig Paterson and Chick Young bring us "insight" into what's happening at games. Sky Sports likewise and BT Sport to a lesser extent.

You only need to watch other coverage of football around Europe to see how uninformative the coverage of Scottish Football is. Viewers here are treated like idiots or as if they haven't seen a game in their lives.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We have already stopped buying that * and yet they still go after us, ban the * or atleast make them pay for their press privilege

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Good, I hope Jackass has some other poor * to plagiarise in his new job at the digger

8. Markybhoy

It always blows my mind when I remember that the zombies call it the Daily Rhebel and they think it is biased against them and in favour of us. :56:

Xatraps likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's a very common thing though. Cognitive dissonace, most huns suffer from it.

The truth is, the DR and other tabloids will publish almost anything controversial, in order to sell copies. So anything that makes tims or huns bite, they'll try and flog it. So any anti-tim stories will be picked up by us and the same will happen with any anti-hun stories.

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Agreed about cognitive dissonance mate but I'm not sure there is any kind of balance in the Record's reporting of both clubs.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Of course there isn't. Those types of media outlets thrive on controversy and they play to their audience. Unfortunately, a large proportion of Scotland is full of, dumb ignorant huns. Therefore, the DR and The Sun play to their stupidity and they know those audiences lap it up.

It may seem harsh to label a large proportion of the population, dumb hun *, but it's simply too realistic to not be true. There are far too many people in Scotland with the intelligence of a cabbage.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Should we pander to them then? If the club put more faith in getting the news out through official channels, but allowed valid criticism of the club to be addressed by Celtic leaning podcasters/bloggers etc, that it would blow out the water any mutual back scratching we have going on with print media.

13. Markybhoy

:56::68:

14. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't ban them I just wouldn't take any questions from their reporters

15. Bratfurdbhoy1

i wouldn't ban it-even though it talks bullshit. My view is pretty much the same all papers are prety *.

16. LloydsGamble

Withe every trash story they write about us, hopefully a few less Celtic fans buy it. A lot of people seem to have trouble giving up their rags though.

17. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree.

18. Dr. Frasier Crane

I don't see how banning them from Celtic Park would in any way hinder them from writing stories about Celtic or in any way surpress their freedom of expression. If we told them they weren't allowed to ever mention Celtic in their 'newspaper' that would be a different matter, but to just not cooperate with them or allow them direct interviews with Celtic players and staff does not surpress their freedom of expression in any way, shape or form. All it would do is send a clear message that the club and its fans will not tolerate the smear campaigns and constant negative headlines regarding our club and using those stories to deflect from the absolute shambles that is Sevco.

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Banning it, and every other trash tabloid would be nice, but the simplest thing to do would be for everyone to just stop buying them and reading them, and to point the finger at those of our friends that do actually pick them up.

Alienate and ostracise anyone caught quoting, buying or reading any of them. (not in serious way obviously)

KRS-1888 likes this.
  20. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    The previous Rangers administration banned them a while back didn't they?

I'd rather we didn't copy their business practices, so I'll vote "no", as it's ultimately pointless and would just lead to more negative press