1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CheGuevara, Oct 18, 2016.

Discuss Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Daily Record, for years now, has been guilty of bias against our club from the hearse and broken Badge, through the lies about our players being involved in criminal activity and on to this weeks "Celtic Tax Case" nonsense.

They are at the beckon call of Jabba the Hut's Level 5 propaganda house, and will publish any smear story that they can, in order to praise one club in Glasgow, while defaming our own. The now dead Rangers Club from the Crumbledome, have had their flagrant illegal tax evasion virtually ignored, whilst their reportage of the zombie club, portrays their hooligan fans rampage at Hampden as them "protecting their players" who "Were all assaulted before leaving the pitch" on that shameful day.

The latest Tax "investigation" which sought to smear the club in a supposed £434m scandal, listed in great detail former Celtic players and current officials, who chose to invest their own money, which had been deducted of tax and NI from the club in the correct manner, whilst almost completely ignoring the involvement of many Rangers players including their manager at the time, Walter Smith, and their Club Captain and illegal EBT recipient Barry Ferguson.

The time has come for the club to act against this errant publication. Links from this rag were banned from this site some time ago over their clear bias. There is a meeting of the Association and Affiliation coming up shortly to discuss ticketing matters. I call on those bodies to ask the club in a joint statement to ban the Record at the behest of the fans groups and sites like this.

This is purely my opinion, obviously, but what are your thoughts? Should we be calling for them to have their press privileges removed by the club?

Che

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye, get them to *..

3. The Afterman

Several times before we should have banned them.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hearse, Thugs and Thieves, Saddam and Fergus, Who's more hated at Ibrox, Lennon or the tax man?

I could go on but I think we all get the gist.

Get them to *, cut them off, bleed them dry.

wd2oo3, Scotia and CheGuevara like this.
  5. Sween

I wouldn't ban them. It just feels a bit petty to me and would likely give them more to write about. I would much rather people just stopped buying trashy tabloids. Then you wouldnt need to ban then as they wouldnt exist.

Random Review likes this.
  6. Heb Celt

Totally agree,should have happened a long time ago.Should set up a petition so the club knows the feelings of the fans.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I wouldn't say it's petty Sween. This isn't some deluded bloomail from the bigots because they don't like getting criticised.

That paper has put our employees in danger in the past with some irresponsible at best, and downright dangerous at worst, "reporting".

At some point they need to be taken to task.

At the very least the club should cut off advertising in their paper and refuse to give them any interviews.

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Banning the likes of the DR or Yisrael Beiteinu would by like restricting free speech. The only people who should be censored are the fans

9. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    seems a logical idea to ban the DR from Celtic Park.
    but when the next newspaper prints something derogatory against the club we will need to ban them to, and the next and the next.......
    also what about T.V and radio pundits ?
    should we ban Radio Clyde, the BeeB, B.T, STV and sky ? after all these pundits do work for them :84:

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't think a ban on a single newspaper is the way to go

Individuals who write garbage about our club should be told they will not be allowed access to the Club, the stadium, or any staff... EVER. If they cross the line there is no way back

Should a newspaper decide to publish such an article with no name attributed then ALL their staff will be held responsible until they identify the writer.

This should apply to all media not just the record

Drakhan and LloydsGamble like this.
  11. Sween

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt shed a tear if they were banned. But it would give them press and it would give them more to write about. And if trashing celtic sells papers then they will do it all the same. I also think it just looks a bit weak when clubs start banning media who write things they dont like. As long as Celtic are doing well i couldnt care what the daily record say as I have no idea what they are saying.

I would rather people just stopped buying it.

12. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think you miss the point a little mate. No other media organisation is conducting an organised campaign to besmirch the name of the club. Sure there are * reporters and crap pundits in other positions with a similar ant-Celtic bias, but the records sports department has in this last instance shown exactly what there intentions are.

The ban needn't be permanent but in my opinion all co-operation wit them should be removed until a retraction or an apology is received. Making an example of them would make others think twice on such hatchet jobs in the future too.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Gyp Rosetti and Sean Daleer like this.
  13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    totally irrelevant pamphlet and its other * cheek " the hun "

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Like I said though, this isn't just a case of them writing stuff we don't like. They inflamed an already volatile situation with Neil Lennon at a time when he was being assaulted and * psychos trying to murder him.

That was the breaking point for me. I stopped buying it years before but that is when I thought it was time for the club to take a stand.

kinglenny likes this.
  15. ynwa1987

Banning press is not something I would like to see us do.

Should just boycott the DR and the sun , not necessarily because their anti Celtic but because they are sheer dross and they will rot your brain.

16. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    has celtic issued a statement regaurding the DR ?

17. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not that I'm aware of

18. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    was just wondering were all this was coming from.
    genuinely thought celtic had panned the record over peter lawwell's address fiasco.

19. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    DR sales down 13% year on year. Even with growth of online newspapers , this is one of biggest falls in Published newspapers. They are killing themselves!

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Really don't understand why any Celtic fan would buy it.

Absolute shambles of a publication.

The Afterman likes this.