1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Like Utrecht 4-0 Celtic? Or Barcelona 6-1? Milan 3-0? Braga 3-0? Sion?

Lennon had one phenomenal season in Europe. It wasn't all that different.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think they will to be honest. I think it might take collective change to force a change in attitude at the club but I like many others will pay up as always.

Something needs to change though. This constant cycle of selling our best players, refusing to fund replacements and hoarding stacks of cash is becoming tiresome.

For a CEO in Scottish Football to be paid £3.3 million in the current tax year (I know some of that is deferred) you're wanting at least some strong leadership, foresight and stability. Everything that has required management has been done poorly...

Acquiring targets, ensuring football progress isn't sacrificed for non-essential items like lights & hotels, having a good, working relationship with our most successful manager since Stein and protecting Celtic's interests in the face of outright cheating by the SFA and it's officials.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

He is a very wealthy man at the moment with a portfolio of properties he has, it is difficult to believe that personal money is the main motivator in this instance, it could be that he is just firing a warning shot across the bough of the board, we will see ?

4. wulliebad

CELTIC Football Club today confirmed that it has been approached by Leicester City FC to speak to Brendan Rodgers with regards to their current managerial vacancy.

Brendan has indicated to the Club that this is an opportunity he wishes to investigate further and therefore, very reluctantly, the Club has granted him permission to speak to Leicester City.

What happened to best job in the world....very happy here....blah blah blah.......just another guy full of * when money comes calling.

Fully87, y_n_w_a and W33kev like this.
  5. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I would have been fine with departure at the end of the season, none of this mid season pish, * board as bottlers.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

I think after seeing the January transfer window everyone was thinking it cause the board hasn’t backed him.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

There is nothing we can do about that, it's the nature of the game given our financial restrictions, dosen't matter who's runnin the show.

Random Review likes this.
  8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Leicester want him now no waiting, BR see's Leicester as a stepping stone

9. scootz

Europe presents a chance for the fans to dream, party, and let the world know that our brand is still strong.

The CL may be a 'dead parrot' when we're playing the BR's way, but the likes of a Lenny or Clarke could still set us up to not lose, nick matches, and punch WAY above our weight! I'd * love a return to that!

Celticbhoy111 and Mystic Penguin like this.
  10. celtic warrior

True, but there is a very strong debate to argue either way, that we are a far weaker team squad wise since then. Can we afford a Championship top scorer now?, can we afford to tempt a Joe Ledley on a free, a Forster?, a Wanyama?, to be fair, would we even be able to get a Moussa Dembele on a free now?.

Clubs are wising up to the value of their players now, making it harder and harder for us to get in guys like VVD, Wanyama, Forster even perhaps Roberts.

We are now having to spend Millions on players who have played little to no senior football in order to find gems, is that a flaw in scouting Rodgers or just the state we find ourselves in due to the restrictions of our league?. I don't know.

11. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Its rodgers choice to go before the summer with a treble treble and 10iar potentially being ruined surely he could see the season out, giving us scope to get the right man and systems in place, rodgers has let us down, we as the celtic support deserve a bit better than that do you not think.

G_portillo and richardm like this.
  12. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Aye living the dream......my *

W33kev likes this.
  13. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Most of the defeats you mentioned were in his first season after taking over from the disaster that was Tony Mowbray, also the defeats against Barça and Milan were after we sold all his best players and replaced them with *(the board are the recurring problem).

Also we qualified against Sion. :56:

Gabriel likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I get that but it was more of a lay-up point to the not funding replacements. The fact we sold Dembele and Armstrong for a combined £27 million in the summer and replaced them with a bosman and 2 loan deals, is what I mean.

Expecting us to continue to win domestically and challenge in Europe while that happens is nonsensical. No manager worth their salt will put up with that indefinitely.

It is hamstringing us and it needs to change.

Murph-E likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

It was dying under Lennon in the run up to him leaving, infact it has been dying since our UEFA Cup final under MON.

Yes WGS and Lennon got us to the last 16 but our record at home was getting worse and our away record remains barely unchanged since MON days. It's been a slow burn but one that's been burning harder and harder as the years have gone by.

The fact we have to go through so many qualifiers now is evident of this.

16. ticticboom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    take the 6 million and ask to keep Filip Benković on a permanent contract for the inconvenience..

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

W33kev likes this.
  17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Forster was unwanted because he was obviously * having only done well in Scotland. Vic was a nobody who cost * all. I would say we pay Sinclair as much as Ledley would have got. We certainly weren't spending the kind of money that gor us Ntcham never mind Boyata.

With the backing we have given BR I think we are capable of competing in Europe at home. We always have the equivilents of McManus abd Caldwell to shore up our back line against the best England or Italy have to offer

18. celtic warrior

After they got booted out for fudging player registrations, let's be honest, we got pumped and then allowed back in on a technicality, TWICE, under Lennon.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I get where yer coming from mate, but a lot of the recruitment was poor, far too much money being wasted on squad fillers and players making * all of a contribution, this needs to be sorted, whoever the next manager is.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member