1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We're on the march way Brendans army

We're gonny win the League, we're gonna win the cups

They'll try their best tae stop us but we couldney give 2 * !

Bumblebee likes this.
  2. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

:celt_2::57::57::ynwacelti

3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Absolutely terrific job he's done so far. Worth every penny. He really is showing up the fact that Ronny was utter pish though.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

na it's not.

5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye. It is.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

no it's not.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOR a long time it looked as though Celtic would be leaving the Highlands tonight with their hardest earned three points of the season but Brendan Rodgers said few could deny his team their eventual emphatic victory as their final 10-minute blitz saw the champions beat Ross County 4-0.

Jim McIntyre’s side kept the Hoops at bay for most of the match after Patrick Roberts opened the scoring inside the third minute with a wonderful solo goal but after some tactical tinkering by both managers in the final third of the game the Celts finally overpowered the Staggies, converting a trio of chances to run out convincing winners.

Stuart Armstrong and second-half substitutes Scott Sinclair and Moussa Dembele struck the killer blows for a much-changed Celtic side, with all three goals coming after the 83rd minute when County switched to a back three, and the Hoops boss said he was happy to see his team finish the entertaining encounter so strongly.

“Our thinking going into the game tonight was that prior to this we had played a lot of games,” he explained. “The intensity I ask the players to play at needs to be at a high level with that variety in the game and the young players that came in delivered.

“Emilio (Izaguirre) and guys like that haven’t played for a long time and I thought they were outstanding but it was a tough game. Ross County are one of the best teams we’ve played.

"It’s a beautiful little stadium, the pitch was brilliant and really conducive to a good football game and I though that’s what it was but I’m very pleased with the players because we kept another clean sheet and like what good teams do, we started quickly and finished strongly.

“They produced another very good performance.”

The match started brightly for the Bhoys with Roberts’ skilful opener and the game blossomed into a well-contested clash.

Both teams had chances to score but Craig Gordon and Scott Fox kept the game as it was until County made their final throw of the dice in the closing stages, with Alex Schalk replacing former Celt Marcus Fraser.

The Staggies’ ambitious change of formation opened up space for the fresh legs of Sinclair and Moussa Dembele, who Brendan Rodgers had introduced to play moments before, and the Celtic stars exploited their new found freedom to score their 9th and 15th goals for the club respectively after Armstrong’s angled drive had handed control firmly to the champions.

And after making eight changes for tonight’s game from the weekend win at Hampden, the Celtic boss said he was pleased to see his players vindicate his decision to freshen things up and prove the squad’s strength in depth ahead of the weekend clash with Aberdeen.

“That was the plan for tonight so it couldn’t have gone any better,” he said. “I think the game was played at a real good tempo and intensity again and we know it’ll be a tough one for us (against Aberdeen).

“All the games we’ve had have been tough games and the scoreline looks good but that’s credit to the players and their work, their spirit and their quality. We’ll expect another tough game.”

The manager also added that he expects to be able to choose from a fully fit squad for Saturday’s game at Pittodrie, where he will also welcome back Scott Brown, who became a father for the third time on Tuesday.

“Every single one of them is totally fit,” he added. “I gave a rest to Scott Brown tonight because he became a father again for the third time. Three boys he’s got now. He wanted to come but I said, ‘listen, look after your wife.’ Family is more important than football.

“It’s nice for him to get a breather because he’s been absolutely incredible and he’ll go into the game on Saturday super fresh, strong and now a father of three. They’re all feeling well.”

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

@OptaCeltic
    Celtic have now kept 5 clean sheets in the last 6 matches domestically, conceding to Kilmarnock in a 6-1 victory.

And that goal was a worldie/error from De Vries.

9. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that if we won by three clear goals or more tonight (Which we did) then that would be the best start ever made here by a Celtic manager in their first season at the club. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on @AberdeenFC: "It'll be a tough game. Derek [McInnes] has done well there to turn them into a team that compete at the top."

BR: "We go into the game with big confidence but we respect Aberdeen. They are direct and play good football on the counter."

BR: "We focus on ourselves. If we get our side of the game right, we can be a threat."

BR: "I said we’d assess our position after 10 games and we've won 8 out of 9 so far. The players are performing at a good level early on."

BR: "There's never been a title given out in October. We’ve made a good start but a long way to go. The team is playing with confidence."

BR: The impressive aspect has been the squad. Big credit to those who came in, it demonstrates how hard they have been working in training."

BR: "They go into every session giving their maximum. That means our training intensity is at a high level."

BR: "We have lots of improvements to make as a team but we’re working hard. It reinforces their professionalism."

BR: "We’re learning all the time. The @ChampionsLeague has been a great experience and has improved us."

BR on @StuArmstrong16: "He’s got a wonderful intelligence; a very good footballer. He's technically very strong and has goals in him."

BR: "He can play the number 10 role or sit in-behind. His pace, power and energy makes him suited to a central position."

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Bobo Sylla

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moussa Dembele
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Rodgers has completely transformed the club since succeeding Deila.

Hail Hail!

14. doctor venglos

What I like about Brendan especially is he is giving every player his chance on merit and form alone.
    And he dozen't appear to pick favorites in his team, they have to earn it, excluding Broony off course who is just indispensable.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

For such a vertically challenged man he is an absolute giant. Engaging, imposing and respected.

When someone is so charismatic their physical limitations become redundant.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    One thing i've noticed is his big as * arms. He's been hitting the gym after Liverpool.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Welcome to the gun show.

[​IMG]

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Probably been mentioned, but that jacket he's rockin these days :50:

19. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Marty McFly likes this.
  20. LloydsGamble

My dad and I were saying how smart it looks, anyone know where I can get one like that? Genuine question :giggle1: