1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
  2. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
  3. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Why so overly-defensive? Is their some sort of totalitarian safety blanket wrapped around him on this board?

Yes I do like him, he has my full support as long as he learns from his mistakes whenever he makes them. Which I think he can do.

I'm just like some other supporters wondering whether we could at least try 2 up front, it'd be good to watch. I think we could do it, he doesn't. I think he is wrong to say that. That's life.

I think he can win us the treble, and if he does that I will be the first to congratulate him. I'm just unsure about his abilities in Europe although he is still learning.

4. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    He is just in the door, has improved us enormously and from what everyone else can see will only continue to do so over time. You started a thread "Brendan can't cut it in Europe" and now this... absolute guff. He doesn't have to justify to you, me or anyone else why he prefers not to play 442 which in my humble opinion is a vastly outdated system in modern day football anyway.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Why the * are people clamouring for him to go with 2 strikers? It's baffling.

We've played with one striker so far this season, we're cruising in the league, qualified for the CL and scored 3 against City.

We don't need 2 strikers when Sinclair, Forrest amd Rogic are scoring regularly.

6. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    It depends whats more important - the manager or a 40 goal a season striker being made unhappy. Neither are bigger than the football club.

I'd argue Dembele would score more with Griff next to him, particularly in Europe.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I love Brendan.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  9. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I'll admit he concerned me a bit today. Forrest had no reason to still be on in the 92nd minute

10. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  12. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "I thought how we went about the game today was brilliant."

BR: "Stopped them building and our press was at a high level."

BR: "Every element of the game was at a high level. Consider that after a tough Champions League game, players deserve credit."

BR on difference from 5-1 game and today: "It was just the goals. We had that similar performance but just didn’t finish the opportunities."

BR: "Goal keeper had a touch onto the bar, disallowed goal that looked harsh and had other chances."

BR: "Shows the mentality of the team. They kept going and got their reward."

BR on Dembele goal: "It was wonderful play. Leigh and Stuart did brilliant. They added real thrust."

BR: "Real clever finish from Moussa to give us the winning goal."

BR: "Hopefully the players feel their performance today and in the last game has been a real top level and got their reward."

BR on reaching League Cup final: "It’s been a great start to the season for us. You see the collective spirit and mentality."

BR: "The players and what they are giving - they are performing magnificently well."

BR: "To rubber stamp that you need trophies and to win trophies you need to get to the final."

BR: "We’ve got to the final now and it was a great performance deserving of getting to the final."

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S dominance in the League Cup semi-final today was justly rewarded with Moussa Dembele’s late match-winning goal and Brendan Rodgers said his team deserved their place in November’s final.

The Bhoys overpowered their Glasgow rivals once again this season but failed to convert a string of chances against Mark Warburton’s side as the saves of Matt Gilks in goal and the crossbar came to Rangers’ rescue.

Perseverance finally paid off in the final minutes, however, when Moussa Dembele’s cool finish at the near post broke the deadlock and gave the Hoops the advantage their positive play merited.

Substitute Leigh Griffiths was unlucky not to add to the score when he attempted to lob Gilks in stoppage time but Dembele’s exquisite finish proved to be enough to seal Celtic’s place in the final against Aberdeen.

And while the final score was a far cry from the 5-1 demolition handed out to Mark Warburton’s side when the teams met at Paradise earlier this season, Brendan Rodgers praised his side for putting in the same effort as that emphatic victory to secure a place in the final.

“I thought we were very dominant in terms of chances and the power, quality and strength in our game today,” he said.

“Sometimes you never know if the chances don’t go in or maybe you don’t get that little bit of luck that is deserving of it, that you’re always vulnerable to a counter-attack but I thought how we went about the game today was brilliant.

“The players stopped them building and any time they did try to do that the pressure and intensity of the press we were able to put on them was at a real high level. When we had the ball we created opportunities and looked a real threat going forward.

“So in every element of our game it was at a high level. When you consider coming off the back of a really tough Champions League game in mid-week, every single one of the players deserve a huge amount of credit for not only the performance but their strength and mentality to get the victory.”

Dembele’s late strike was representative of the type of class and composure the young Frenchman has already exhibited in his early days as a Celtic player but the manager also hailed the impact of substitutes Leigh Griffiths and Stuart Armstrong, the former of which was heavily involved in the goal.

Griffiths has had to wait in the wings as Dembele continues to find the net for the Hoops – today was his 14th goal in 20 games – but the Scotland internationalist showed maturity and unselfishness in his play when he elected to pass to Dembele to set up the game-winning strike when he could have pulled the trigger himself.

The manager added that Griffiths’ attitude was representative of the strong team spirit obvious in the Hoops’ overall play today, which saw their determination and commitment to attacking football eventually rewarded.

“It was wonderful play,” the Irishman said. “Leigh came in and he and Stuart Armstrong were brilliant.

“Stuart added a real thrust and energy into our game. We’ve played a lot of games this season and because of the nature of how we play the game there’s a high level of physicality needed to press and be aggressive and shorten the pitch.

“The minute that drops we need to reinvigorate the team. Stuart came on and added great power and running ability to the team. Leigh came on and did what he does best. He looked a real threat and was disappointed he didn’t score but he showed his real unselfish nature by just guiding it into Moussa’s path and he had a real clever finish to give us the winning goal.”

He added: “It’s been a great start to the season for us. You see the collective mentality and spirit within the team. I know there are areas here I want to improve over time but I think the players and what they are giving - they are performing magnificently well.

“They have that hunger to succeed and are playing the game at a real top level tempo both with and without the ball.

“In order to rubber stamp that you want to get trophies and in order to do that you need to get to the final. We’ve got to the final, we can put it to bed now and can concentrate on that in a number of weeks time but it was a great performance deserving of getting to the final.”

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. doctor venglos

Brendan got the subs right, and another day another referee that would have been a rout for us.
    But he seriously needs to do something about Biton.

17. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Fantastic subs again today, griffiths and Armstrong changed the game.

18. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Hats off again to BR. Playing Jozo and good use of subs again. Looked well chuffed at the end HH

19. The Celtic Way

i thought griffiths would come on for dembele and thats what i would have done, was worried we would be left open, but what do i no,

you heard us calling in the nighttttttttttttttttttttttt :brendy:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Forrest was better in the second half. I wouldn't have been sad to see him subbed at HT but he did turn it around.

The subs we made were more necessary than Forrest coming off at that point.