1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

BREAKING NEWS:Glasgow airport Terrorist Incident!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Renegade T, Jun 30, 2007.

Discuss BREAKING NEWS:Glasgow airport Terrorist Incident!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gunt

Most ethnic Germans and Italians in the UK were put in detention camps for 6 years durign WWII. That was rough and cant happen again but we need serious money put into intelligence and counter-terrorism and we need to change the bleedin heart laws that let them off.

2. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    If this was me crushing you. You would go home and cry. Im not bringing up politics unless your facts are flawed or you "miss something." We are doing a psychological review of your condition of needing to express intelligence online.

3. Martin

Your responses would seem to contradict your supposed nonchalance to my opinion.

I don't think my eSelfconfidence really matters to me. I have hardly made much of an effort to be as internet literate as you. I am in to debate, not eSelfconfidence.

Tell me about my job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  4. Martin

Who are you ? John Smeaton ?

America has killed far more innocent civilians in the last 15 years than terrorists have killed innocent civilians.

Is that a fact ?

My job, please, enlighten us.

5. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Why would I have to? You live it.

Mate this is a joke you should realize it. Debating about politics when you have no power is pointless. Debate all day mate. It does nothing, nothing at all except make you frustrated and mad. So please tell me why you need to express debates on the internet?

Honest question.

6. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Broken Record anyone??

7. Martin

I accept that it is an honest question. The whole point of a 'forum' is to debate. I think war and terrorism are very important issues for us all, and our children. There are few topics which we MUST debate as vigorously as these. So that we can find solutions and NO ONE of any race or religion gets bombed to *. Reasonable ?

A bit John Lennon I know, but I mean it.

8. Martin

Perhaps. But you have never told me whether you accept it as fact.

You brought up my job, and in a disparaging way.

9. gunt

Yep. That is part of the problem. Its not exactly Jesus and turn the other cheek so, if you are a psycho, its not that difficult to justify killing. Unlike Christianity, I think islam draws a big distinction about how muslim should treat each other and how they should treat 'infidel'.

10. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Martin. Im trying to end this pointless debate. Ive been toying with you to get responses out of you. Nothing personal Ive done this for years with political threads on various forums.

Bit of advice next political go around.. You need to learn to respect others opinons. Mudslinging does neither you nor your views any justice.

You might say I and other "radical moderates" dont respect people. But you dont respect opinions if they are not exactly as yours. And that doesnt leave room for much debate. Now does it? And I know your next response will be on the lines of hypocrite. But that does not bother me because debating is only a game.

11. gunt

That mentality is part of the problem. If we showed that kind of favouritism to our own race or religion we would be called racists and bigots but those words are never used in relation to them. You can only be a bigot or a racist is you are a western person from a Christian background. Time to bin the kid gloves PC pish and call a spade a spade (no silly jokes please).

12. Martin

Who is bumming up their intelligence now ?

I do not need any advice from you. I understand your point of view very clearly. The difference is that I am willing to look at the situation from the perspective of the 'enemy', the other in this mess. You are not, and that makes it a bit rich for you to tell me I do not respect the opinions of others when you are so clearly unwilling to look at this situation from the perspective of the 'other side'.

Yes it is hypocritical, at last we agree, but it is also just pretty dumb. How can you understand a situation if you only accept one side of the story ?

I don't even know what a radical moderate is.

Debating the death of 600,000 Iraqis, 9/11 and the terrorist attacks we ALL deplore is not a game to me. We can affect our countries policies and therefore this sorry situation.

It's hardly a game.

13. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    We can? Okay hold to that belief Martin. It will do you well.

14. Martin

Why bother voting then eh ? Why don't we just have a dictatorship then ? Or are you telling me that in the USA you actually feel politically powerless ?

I am sure that I remember argiung with you previously about how wonderfully democratic the US of A was.

EDIT

I have done well. Tell me about this job of mine which you dissed.

15. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Im talking about your opinions mate. They will never win over the majority and therefore you cant change the situation.

So thus its pointless.

Lets not get into the game of parliamentary vs federalist politics again my friend.

Edit: Im done replying to this thread Martin but feel free to continue replies in my name. I sure love your responses.

16. Martin

Once again you refuse to answer any of my questions.

The majority of people in the UK are against our presence in Iraq. They don't see it as just and nor do they believe any of the crap about WMD. I don't need to win over the majority. They already agree.

Your attempts at sarcasm are undermined Iontach by your inability to answer any of the questions I put to you.

I have asked you some simple questions. E.g How many dead civilians at the hand of terrorists and how many dead civilians killed by the Americans ?

No answers have been offered.

17. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    The fact that people can come into ths country without a work permit , makes Britain seem like an ideal place for an attack

18. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    All this * about lets look at the past and see why these islamic extremists are doing this is a load of crap.

Its going on & we need to be vigilante .

What do you martin , think we should do now?

offer a ''WE'RE SO SORRY .PLEASE FORGIVE OUR GOVERNMENT''

get real , look ahead not back

19. gunt

Martin is right that western intervention in the middle east and America's strange love of Israel has really fanned the flames but it is not the cause. There has been a 'kill the infidel' strand within islam for a long long time time and has been steadily growing especially in the last 25 years. I firmly believe if say a fundementalist country lke Iran was very militarily poweful and rich they would have had a crack at us in Europe. That strand if they had the power would make the western forces look like the sally army. We at least are contrained by democracy to some degree (its cost Blair). Any philosophy where one group sees themselves as the chosen ones with sacred rights and the rest are expendable is evil.

20. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    oh ffs mate , all this * is still not a helping hand , we are under attack , these * want to kill us , are you ready to defend yourself and help others ??

Or are you still ready to offer * all & feel offended on behalf of others ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS ARE INTENT ON KILLING US ALL , HAVE'NT YOU NOTICED THAT YET ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!