1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycotting those who vote yes.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Jun 18, 2012.

Discuss Boycotting those who vote yes. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It all seems extremely childish to me, this whole "if we don't get what we want we boycott" attitude. * what's going on at Ibrox, support your own club. Everyone's always going on about how they don't want to be associated with Rangers and that the Old Firm is dead, yet things like this keep it alive. Who gives a flying * if they decide to vote Rangers in, that's their choice, it shouldn't concern us to the point where you refuse to support Celtic.

2. idlewildered

we are important stakeholders in my eyes, without question. I was only saying that if we're using business as a means of example then we are the customer.

3. idlewildered

absolutely. my support of this club is not altered one iota by anything that happens across at that dump.

well said :50:

4. made in ireland

They are both. Which is why I believe your comparison was pretty absurd.

5. idlewildered

ok, it was absurd. it has no basis in fact. my mistake.

we're well off topic anyway and it's been mentioned before that we're going round in circles so I'm out.

bottom line for me, no to a boycott. no need to punish clubs in a * poor position because of the huns wrongdoing.

and with that. he was gone.

to another thread at least.

6. made in ireland

That's completely missing the point in my opinion.

It's a case of whether or not Celtic supporters should continue to pay astronomical prices to clubs complicit in cheating, by neglecting honesty and integrity and creating an un-level playing field.

7. pod

Yes it is. You are denied rightful victories. You are denied trophy celebrations. You are denied having the chance to watch the very best that European football has to offer and one of the best atmsopheres in world football. You are denied the chance to watch your club play (more often) in some of best stadia in the world. You are denied as a shareholder (if you are one) the chance to see your business flourish.

However, lets invite it all back again and listen to Dave King who is already wanting to put a new club into debt and spend outwith its means.

It really is that simple.

8. mfisher

If these companys were able to focus attentions to other viable income streams then dont you think they would have done that already?? Dont you think the other teams have tried to make more money by other means?? It sounds easy but if it were that easy they would all be doing it already.

Im not moaning about the state of the league. It is what it is, but in my opinion it will only get worse without them in it. I also understand your trying to look on the brighter side of a league without Rangers but for me i just cant see any hope for it. I can only see it getting worse and if it gets worse than what it is already it will drive even more fans away. Only time will tell but just my opinion.

9. mfisher

Im not suggesting they will be up challenging us on a regular basis. Im saying them being in the league will result in us and other spl teams not losing out financially. I couldnt give a * about them or how they run their new club but having them in the league will be financially beneficial for us and the other teams in the league. Whether you agree with that or not is up for debate but dont make out im saying things im not.

10. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Firstly, I don't think Celtic would vote yes.

If they did though and Rangers got back into the SPL with our vote included, I think a lot of people (including myself) would stop following the SPL altogether. The competition would be pointless.

The game here would be over, for me anyway.

11. mfisher

Its not short term thinking. Its how business's run. If you have an expected turnover of £4-£6m a year then you budget yourself on that. Thats living within their means. If you lose a 1/4 of that then you have to make drastic changes which these football clubs will have to do. Its mostly the playing staff who will suffer in such circumstances but if they are on long contracts then you cant just get rid of them. Unless you do what Motherwell done a few years ago and go into administration and just got rid of all their high earners without even paying them off. Didnt see a huge outcry from other spl teams when they done that??? Scottish football needs money to move forward. Depriving teams of money will not make it move forward.

12. mfisher

:50:

13. pod

You're basing your reasoning on assumptions though. There is nothing in Scottish football history to suggest that a non competitive huns will generate much cash. That is the point. Do you honestly think that they will get good crowds when they realise how much in our shadow they are? I would not be even convinced they would sell out their ground against us, never mind the rest. There will be nowhere near as many going to away games. Unless the chance of qualifying for the EL gets their juices flowing. How long will Sky stick around even if they are there?

The old firm is dead so Sky cant bid for that. The reality is that as of now, the SPL is *. With or without them. It, and society in general, would be better off without them.

14. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I think the pricing is a different issue entirely that NEEDS to be addressed, they're charging Premiership prices for a game against St. Mirren, that's ridiculous with or without the cheating aspect involved

15. mfisher

Only time will tell if that is the case or not but if you are the chairman of another club what you will be guaranteed is most next seasons expected finances will still be there. If it turns out the way you think it will then they will have time to adjust to that unlike this season when it will hit them hardest.

16. Joe T

On a personal basis i only hope celtic fc (our/my club) votes correctly. i certainly will not hold other clubs to ransom before a vote has been cast.
    this is exactly what i would critisise Servco for in its current actions.
    every club has a right to vote, and its up to that club to vote morally or in sync with their fans.
    Just because we are huge fish in a mucky pond does not give us the right to force our views and actions on others.
    i fully appriate the arguements that other hoops supporters put forward. but boycotting other clubs is not an option for me.

hail hail bhoys :)

17. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just support Celtic and leave the rest to their conscience imo.