1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycotting those who vote yes.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Jun 18, 2012.

Discuss Boycotting those who vote yes. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    :43:

2. idlewildered

if I'd read back a little further in the thread I would have realised I was completely wrong about that............

3. Barney Stinson

That's just laziness from these clubs though. Instead of wanting to earn money, they want it given to them. I'm sure Dundee Utd said they only need like 500 extra fans a home game to make up the money. That's nothing. I bet most of these teams will lose more than 500 fans a game if they vote yes. They have no vision, they're the donkey and the huns are the carrot on a stick.

4. idlewildered

It's a general malaise that's hurt the Scottish game for a long time, you're absolutely right. Which is why I suggest a crisis meeting of all current SPL chairmen to come up with alternatives.

I can't understand why everyone, including Celtic, haven't been in a room together to assess exactly why the revenue isn't coming in for other clubs.

This could be an exciting time and prompt reform across the board in Scottish football but instead we have groups of fans suggesting boycotts, chairmen having to go against their supports wishes in the hun matters and abject terror from some clubs about the loss of income.

Surely a convention of some kind to look at viable alternatives to making more money, leaving Sky behind perhaps, is the way to go.

Our board can and should take the lead on this.

5. Artur Boruc #1

It would hurt like * to do so but it's something I would definitely have to give serious consideration towards.

6. Matt_20

Can people not see that the fans of every club in the SPL are adamant the hundead should not be let in though? I don't think us as a fanbase threatening smaller clubs with a boycott is necessary. Right now we don't know what way teams will vote, but if in the next month they are allowed in, the fans of the rest of the SPL will turn away themselves, we don't need to put pressure on them to do so and using our fan power to threaten them to make the right decision is, although I can see the reasoning behind it, not the correct thing to do in my book.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The only way most fans can have a say on how their club is run or league is too vote with their feet. If this New club is voted in I will be voting with my feet and will not go too any clubs ground that voted this new club filled with the same cheating scum into our top flight.

And that goes for Celtic too.

8. idlewildered

9. Frank Timatra

I really hope our board don't vote them in, and I genuinely have absolutely no idea of any reason - When you take into account our self substainability, TV deal being a tiny % of our revenue, our fans total opposition etc - why they would vote in the huns but...the fact it's even up for debate suggests a trust problem with the hierarchy at Celtic Park.

10. idlewildered

perhaps so, but I can't understand why this would be? there's absolutely no reason to doubt our board in business matters........

and if someone says Steven Fletcher I'm coming after them! :84:

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail

12. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    No offence attended but I do wonder out of all the yes votes, how many attend away games regularly. I've been going for years now and not one of the mates I go with are going to stop going due to a club voting yes. Don't get me wrong, myself and everyone else will have the right to be livid with these teams that do vote the wrong way.

It would be understandable if anyone was to stop going to these stadiums but supporting Celtic away just means too much to me. It would kill me to give any of the games up I go to, especially if it was a favoured away day. No way I could do it.

If Rangers get back into the SPL, that would be a whole different matter.

13. Bonobhoy

Yes * im boycotting with not a * care in the world......If these * cheating corrupt * scumbags get back in here(let alone kicked out of football completely) then i will boycott them,and the * tems that voted for them....* this....anyone that says different needs to look at the current situation all over again.....There is CORRUPTION WITHIN OUR GAME...this aint a fair league and hasnt been for years.......GET THEM TAE *

14. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Yip defo.

But i would also say i would feel sorry for supporters of other clubs because imo most fans dont want the new huns in the SPL its the chairmen and boards that are thinking of helping the huns. It would kill scottish football imo if the new huns went into the SPL.

They should have been expelled and asked to apply for membership of the SFL and be purt into Div 3.

15. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Dundee Utd have sold only 1700 season tickets so far, this time last year they had sold 4000.. read into that what you will.

16. Balearic bhoy

I have spent money i didn't have supporting Celtic financially, home, away, abroad and through overpriced merchandise since i became an * 13 yr ago, spent money that could have been put towards a mortgage so i could own a house.

I have asked for nothing in return, stood with pride and took defeat, kept coming back for more. I have been to Scottish football stadiums more that followers of the team we were visiting. I have invested heavily in scottish football and all I have are memories, I have no tangible assets for my investment. I have been called paranoid and accepted it.

Now I find that I have been cheated out of ten of thousands of my hard earned cash in a competition that was rigged. So I am just to accept I don't matter and joe bloggs that pops up the pub for 4 pints to watch the game is more important than me. His £10 investment in a pub for the pleasure of alcohol is more important than my 60 quid to attend? Or someone with a sky subscription that may tune into Scottish football as long as it doesn't interfere with his epl schedule meaning games are played at ridiculous times, he is more important than me?

I aint having it, any club that votes for cheating loses my business for ever, end of story, I wont be boycotting as boycotting suggests wanting to attend but not to make a point. I simply wont want to go ever again.

I will continue to support Celtic financially in whatever new way they come up with, and believe me as a parent of a 7yr old I am a never ending revenue stream for them, but I will never set foot in the stadium of a club that says me being financially robbed by a club that systematically cheated for a decade is acceptable.

NO TO NEWCLUB!

17. PaddyMagic

We should focus on ourselfs

18. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    I support Celtic through and through who cares what all the other clubs do we will hammer them into the ground when we play them and I personally would like to be there to see it

19. CharlieMulgrini

I think Celtic's support being the best support in the * world, having a no-show would be a terrible thing.

I think we need to consider the wider implications of this situation.

Now, for one I do NOT think accepting them into the SPL is the correct decision, though I am of the opinion that they will be voted in, with heavy sanctions (probs points).
    I am also of the opinion clubs voting them in, when fans have spoken on the issue, would be outrageous, from the FAN'S perspective. Fans are not chairmen and are not in the possession of a debt that totals millions in the backwaters of the Scottish Premier League, and their decision is not based on a financial bed of security; those little clubs like Killie and Motherwell will look at Rangers going to the wall and absolutely * * themselves that they could be next....

I think they'll get back in and one * of a shitstorm will hit.
    Plus, I kinda want Celtic to play 'New' Rangers and tear them a new *. I don't want the end of hunskelpin...!! That last 3-0 felt too sexy.

Admonish me, if you must

20. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    More than willing to punish the teams who vote yes.