1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Aug 5, 2013.

Discuss Boycott? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah right :rolleyes:

I take it we were all as bad as them in 94' when we boycotted?

I wish people like you would stop mentioning us in the same breath as them.

2. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I totally disagree with the decision to close down the Green Brigade section. After everything the Green Brigade did for the club, re-introducing the atmosphere to Celtic Park, the brilliant displays against the dead club and then Barca etc. But although I think it was wrong to close down their section, that will affect the attendace and the atmosphere bad enough without us boycotting games aswell. Its not the team's fault that the board can be bampots sometimes. We are still supporters of the team and we need to continue to support the team

3. KEANE07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I think we should boycott the away leg in Kazakhstan. That will really send out a message.

4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    How on earth can you compare this to 1994 when the circumstances were a * of a lot more critical to the future of the club?
    GB are a prize asset to the club, however they will never be bigger than the club or any other groups of fans. Everyone is equal. What I am saying is that the mob mentality and as some posters here calling for the boards head are just taking it to far. Legal action, boycotting, marching , 'you need us' is just setting up for a stupid and unnecessary conflict that will detract from the football. In these times the club is doing well, let's not rock the boat but put forward the disagreements and see how they can be fixed. Open a dialogue with the club and keep discussions in the public domain (or at least in Celtic circles) so people can see what is being said. Only then will we know the facts and not jump on each others backs.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Please tell me where I COMPARED the situations? :97: You said that talk of boycotts reminded you of them - I merely gave you an example of a boycott that WE have taken part in already..........

You, like a few other posters, have made hun insinuations about your fellow Celtic supporters for taking a stance against (NOT THE CLUB) those in charge who they believe to be treating them unfairly - and not an isolated case.

It seems that some of you also THINK that many people see that the GB/Section 111 etc as being "bigger than the club" - I have NOT heard one sentence, nor seen one piece of writing to suggest that anyone actually has this mindset. The GB - since their inception - have without question RAISED the atmosphere inside Celtic Park, and carried it at times when the majority of the stadium have remained sheepishly quiet. The club has also made profit off of the back of this group's popularity. We DO need the GB - although that's not to say the club wouldn't survive without them (or any other such nonsense), but that atmosphere WILL reduce without them - and us fans are supposed to be the "12th man" - something that players (including opposition) have quoted as being so special at CP - why would anyone wish to have our atosphere dwindled?

As for your comments about them seeking legal representation - what about it? It's none of your concern nor mine what they choose to if it's within their legal rights. Why should they make meetings that is to do with them automatically public? Do you disclose your personal information public because people want to know what is going on? And I see no need for them - not other CSC groups to share information (unless they want to) when you see some of the comments that are made against them when they do i.e. liars, idiots, blah blah blah.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Round of applause Mr. Clifton :50:

7. Mr. Slippyfist

If only I could have found a picture that would have summed that up :54:

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::rolleyes:

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    [​IMG]

9. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56:

Bravo!

You steal that off my photobucket account? REmember I have that trademarked :47:

Shame it has that sleekit * on it :rolleyes:

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It's the one I stole off of you on facebook :56:

11. Mr. Slippyfist

One of my better photoshop efforts :56::56::56::52:

Anyway - back to straighttalker:

The GB haven't even mentioned anything about a boycott - it was the OP (creator of this thread) who suggested it.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I didn't suggest it, I said I'd heard folk saying it on facebook and twitter.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to that last poster straighttalker :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::rolleyes:

14. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I think the board have rocked the boat mate with causing division, its all about control for this board, sad days mate.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm the OP daft * :bbpd:

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh right, I was wondering what the * you were one about :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::52:

I didn't mean you were the one talking about doing a boycott, I meant you were the one who has suggested (the talk of) it.