1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I 100% agree mate :50:

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  2. david100825

Just don’t fancy starting next year with Bolingoli and Taylor as our options again. We should have better instead of one of them.

3. TricolourTim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I see lots of positives in his play. Pacey, good link up play and forward passing into key areas are good from what I've seen. He is also good at turning defense into attack as he seems more a lw player converted into lb/lwb.

He has flaws for a lb defensive positioning especially from cross field passing and long balls into his area of the park need worked on. He has problems with his ball control sometimes and this sees him being caught in possession or forces him to make the wrong pass.

But overall I think he is our best option in that position and with proper game time he would shows this. I reckon a proper run would see him develop into a key player and the negatives would be less frequent, with proper defense coaching he could be a high quality 1st team player.

Moustache and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He really deserves another chance to prove he should be number one. Taylor isn't a bad player, and obviously boli shouldn't start on Sunday, but he will fit this system a lot better.

McChiellini.. and TricolourTim like this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Couldn't have put it better myself :50:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are planning to offload Boli Bolingoli this summer – just a year after buying him.

Football Insider revealed yesterday that Neil Lennon has made a new left-back his team’s top priority in the next transfer window.

A Celtic source has told Football Insider that the club are willing to cash in on Bolingoli, 24, following a debut season that’s failed to live up to expectations.

It remains to be seen if the Scottish champions can recoup the £3million they spent on the Belgian last July.

Lennon and his coaching staff are impressed with the development of Greg Taylor, who joined on deadline day at the start of September.

The 21-year-old began the campaign as Bolingoli’s deputy but has gradually emerged from his shadow to become the first choice on the left side of defence.

The pair were signed last summer during a mass overhaul that brought five new full-backs to Parkhead, two on the left on three on the right flank, following the exits of long serving mainstays Kieran Tierney and Mikael Lustig.

Bolingoli, 24, began the season as first choice and recovered from an iffy start before a wretched display in the end-of-year 2-1 derby defeat to Rangers pushed him down the pecking order.

Lennon has subsequently put his faith in Taylor and even preferred the versatile Jonny Hayes to Bolingoli.

Tellingly, the Belgian only senior action since the new year has come in the Scottish Cup against Clyde and he is stuck on 28 appearances for the season.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We're going to take a hit on this one..

CountyDownFaithful and Dan Breen like this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

Not a great player by any stretch of the imagination, but think he gets it pretty tight unfairly. Seems to be he got the blame for the huns game and that was the end.

9. Jeffrey

I genuinely don't think theres much between him and Taylor, and actually prefer that Boli has a bit of pace. The difference in the treatment between the two, taking into consideration they're similarly no great, is quite funny.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Probably. Boli is pretty decent going forward but for me is a clear weak link defensively. Taylor is much more steady defensively but does not carry the threat that Boli does in attack. Given all the other attacking options we have available and the fact that with brexit Belgians will soon become foreign players and there likely will be quota in that regard by sometime next year then Taylor looks to have the edge right now. But reality is both are very limited players IMHO.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We need to sign a LB in the summer.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Happy to go with Taylor, Hayes and Hickey (who we should and probably will sign).

Dan Breen and FranceCelt like this.
  13. horseshoe

Source is probably this thread.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's quite obvious that Lenny dosen't rate the guy, clearly has no future with us, so no big surprise if he's offski.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

that site is pretty spot on.

They announced confirmed a couple of new deals before it happened.

16. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hopefully a decent wage taken off the bill

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Surely if we spend 3M on any player, they should be well up to speed and no gamble.
    Both January transfer signings have cost a lot of coin and are non contributors.

18. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Yet another player signed by Lenny over his two spells that we will probably lose money on. I have always been very critical of his signings, his first spell was very hit and miss, especially in his forwards like Boerrigter, Pukki, Amido Balde and Mo Bangurra who we wasted over 11 million quid on. That's not counting the like of Efrain Juraez either. Yes guys like Virgil, Victor and big Fraser got us a lot of money but take them out of it he did waste a lot of money.

19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A guy he scouted, Bought, and started the season with. Another signing that we will lose money on. And another player, imo, not given a fair chance either

20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Imo Boli is a far better creater than Taylor and has more to his game. Taylor doesn't seem to have a natural attacking side to his game, seems to be more natural defensive. Very rarely hits a cross on the run and checks back a lot. If we continue to use a back 3 the wide left players needs to be a player able to take players on and get balls into the box. Right now imo the only player that suits that role is Johnny Hayes