1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Looks like one poor game against the huns and he’s been cast aside? He wasn’t world class but he really would suit the formation we play now, could put in a good cross too.

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Wonder what happened right enough, I cant even really remember him against the huns, dont think it was a disaster or anything.

Had an up and down start for us but then came into good form for 6/7 games or so and seemed to be doing well then was out injured came back and I think only played 3 or 4 games nothing great but no Jozo type horror shows then not played again.

Wonder if he done something behind the scenes like missed training or something and Lennon's thought hes an * or if he just hasn't been training well enough.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye I don't think he played well against the huns, but nobody really did for us.

Very strange how he's been completely bombed out.

Dan Breen, Damnati and TheHappyLoss like this.
  4. CountyDownFaithful

Think you could be right.

Lenny seemed willing to stick by him initially when he was just new to the team but this period of absence was went on and on.

We will struggle to recoup the money we paid for him. A move back to Vienna would possibly be a shout, their manager was gutted to lose him.

Would much rather he came back into the squad though and fought for his position.

5. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    Lennon said this about a month or so ago and that when he got back to his regular form he would be back in contention guess he's not been up to scratch lately in training although pretty sure he's been on the bench a few times lately. Pity the lads not playing regular I thought he looked good.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

6. DonnyCelt

I thought he was starting to come on a bit. His offensive play was good and he's rapid down that left hand side. Surely he's been working on his defensive side in training. Would like to see him stay and fight but hard to see him doing that when he doesn't even make the squad

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Probably attitude problems or a weak trainer.

Seen this type of thing before with Lennon, Shved in the same situation also in his first spell Juarez, also Murphy was clearly never good enough but he brought him back and gave him games now and again as obviously he was working away in training, similar to probably how Frimpong, Taylor, Hayes and even Griffiths have worked their way in/back even if not fancied or involved at the start. Even in his first spell also Mulgrew and Samaras were not in his initial teams or playing but managed to work their way in, Mulgrew similar to Taylor took about 6 month to start getting a game and Samaras probably took a year before we eventually changed style to fit him in. Kelvin Wilson as well, signed rarely played but then worked his way in.Loovens too now that im thinking, was totally cast aside and never played at all pretty much in his first season but worked his way back to getting a game his 2nd season although was sold as he just wasnt good enough.

Possible that Boli thinks hes better than Taylor and rather than work away has been moaning or his head has been down in training. If he hasn't got the right mentality to still work away and look to get back in he probably will be punted.

Could be why he binned the loan players last season, just to test how they reacted and if they had the bottle to work their way back - Weah showed himself up as a shitebag walking out for a * youth tournament. Burke came back in for the odd game and Benkovic was pretty much just left out.

8. Smithy

Mind him.

9. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Bring Boli back from the dead and start him on Sunday

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bizzare how much he's been bombed out..

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombedout

:lenny2:

neilly1987 and Graeme1888 like this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't rate the guy, but summit ain't right, it's as if he's had a fall oot with Lenny ?

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just looks like he isn't cutting the mustard.
    Reckon he will be punted in summer, cant believe we spend 3M on a left back that is not up to the task.

14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

It’s not surprising at all that he’s been bombed out, the most surprising part is that we bought the guy in the first place.

Graeme1888 likes this.
  15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He has been bombed out but still ranked highly for key passes despite not playing in a long time.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Very interesting..

17. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Must be counting ALL Key passes?
    So when he gives the ball away to the opponent in a dangerous area of the pitch...

18. GreenLeanMean

Is Hayes contract up in the summer? If we don't renew then I cant see boli being sold

19. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Key Passes Everywhere

[​IMG]

20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely. Hasn’t done anywhere near as bad as some of our fans have made out.

Had some great link up play earlier in the season especially with Elyounoussi from what I remember.

He has had his moments like a lot of the players this season but he has pace that I feel we are missing hugely down the left hand side at the moment. Taylor has shown ability in flashes but I feel we are very limited with him in the side. Boli has more quality on the ball than Hayes in my opinion.