1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sabzz1888

Good going forward and completely lost at defending.

Not a LB or LWB in a million years.

Rossenspeil and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Past players have said Lennon is a great man manager. I’d expect him to sit Boli down and be honest with him, but get him back on track mentally if that’s the issue. Either that or push him up the field.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. Keano88

Thought he was very poor first half but was very good 2nd half.

Nice link up for the clinching goal for Jamesy.

ciaran72, Rydo1888* and callumrae1967 like this.
  4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its pretty obvious he can play and has a decent amount of talent, but as everyone else says he's been a bomb-scare defensively so far.

Sydneysider and Rydo1888* like this.
  5. joemc

Heard commentary 1st half and caught last 15 mins on tv then full 2nd half ,boli settled well judging by commentary and I felt he came on to a decent game ,wot stood out more was Forrest was absolutely brilliant, it was like watching a player we couldn't afford and admiring his every touch, ajer was also outstanding today ,but the whole team passing , speed ,aggression were very good ,overall I would rate the game 7.5 out of 10 ,defending was a little slack a few times .

Sydneysider likes this.
  6. Al Bootyerbaws

A good winger will terrorise this guy seriously.

Sydneysider and elbhoydo like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Our scouts should be looking harder for a player who is a natural LB. Left-footdeness and good pace don't turn someone into a LB automatically. We're sorted for left wingers though, don't need them for another 10 years.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Much better second half. Looked more confident and linked up really well with Ntcham a few times.

That first 30 was horrific though. Pretty much every single time he got the ball he gave it away - half the time under little pressure.

neilly1987, Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He had a good second half, obviously got a hold of him at half time.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. donnegal celt

I say he still adjusting to pace off game. I say he had more time in Austria league.
    But we need sign good left back Incase he gets no better than what he showing now

11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He strikes me as a confidence player, after his first couple of mistakes in the first half he was all over the shop. Hopefully once he’s settled in and if he gets a few decent games under his belt he’ll come good. Can’t ever see him being an adequate replacement for Tierney though.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Neil Lennon praised the "character" of left-back Boli Bolingoli and his team's "outstanding" display after they demolished Motherwell 5-2.

New recruit Bolingoli recovered from a shaky start to set up a goal as the Scottish Premiership leaders recovered from an early concessession.

Lennon acknowledged the £3m Belgian recruit is "under the spotlight" seven games into his Celtic career.

"I'm delighted with him. He's shown a lot of character," the manager said.

"He's still trying to find his feet, but as the games go on he is getting better. There were a few erratic moments we'll hopefully iron out. His second-half performance he can be delighted with

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Just naw for me, he's going to cost us points and Lennon must be able to see what we all see, he's clearly not a LB and is all over the shop positionally, despite looking decent going forward.

With the manky mob on the horizon, it needs to be nipped in the bud now. Mistakes happen in the transfer market and to be honest he looks like a left sided Ambrose at times.

Hayes at left back until we find a proper replacement.

Sydneysider, elbhoydo and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought his second half was better than the first. Really don't know what to make of him. At times, when a ball comes into him, he looks as though it's the first time he's seen a football. Great engine and speedy. I hope he just has to settle into the Scottish game. Much too early to write him off but he has to come onto a game soon.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not looked to assured so far, seems to get caught out of position a lot when he is trying to push up.

Its still relatively early days, but i expect that Lennon is publicly backing him to try and bring his confidence up, especially given the amount thats been spent on him.
    He is a very mobile left back and he does have decent attributes to his game, but i think work needs done on his positioning and what is expected of him in our set up, moreso in away matches when the opponent will look to come at us a lot more.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. murphy88

He had a good second half because we were very rarely being asked to defend. Defensively he is nowhere near good enough. He isn't great on the ball either to be honest.

neilly1987, Twisty and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's just not a left back. Positioning all over the place and very weak in the tackle. His passing is woeful at times as well, has the right idea but his weight of pass is abysmal

Hopefully he gets better with game time but I think he would be better further forward running behind opposition defenders, putting crosses in. Or as a wing back, but we would need someone to cover him, the way Ledley used to cover for Izaguirre.

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I thought he was excellent in the 2nd half. Most of our attacks came from the left!

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Converted to left wing or away in January. He is NOT a defender. Probably the reason we signed him for his attacking, but he will be exposed this year in big games. He was targeted the last European game early on because he is pish.

20. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    He is SJITE. End of, all this play him as this or that is shocking. 3.5m paid for him to play a part of a back 4 defence... He CAN'T DEFEND..... really poor signing. He's gonna cost us valuable points this season. Possibly even CL