1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

You are wrong on all accounts. 3rd incident, Huns,Sheep and now us. It's everything to do with the Government. They gave strict protocols and guidelines that the Clubs must follow that allowed Scottish football to return. Griff did what a lot of people around the country have done, he broke Government guidelines but he also club protocol

2. DonnyCelt

The consequences to this for us could be dire.

The club could have to postpone all fixtures for the next two weeks.

Not only meaning a forfeit it the CL qualifiers, but no European football this season as you don't drop into the EL qualifiers this early.

Clubs losses millions due to no European football at all.

Transfer targets then could change, and the club could look to sell players to balance the books.

Regarding the fixture against Kilmarnock at the weekend, Bolingoli was technically ineligible for that game. I'm sure the rules state a forfeit and 3-0 win for Kilmarnock, so no doubt this could well happen.

Hoping none of this is necessary but hard to see how we won't be severely punished here.

3. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    This whole situation is just unreal. Mess from both the club and especially him.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. Ak1

If the government are consistent, they will demand ALL players, staff and others connected with the game at Rugby park on Sunday, now isolate for 14 days.
    In a worse case scenario Kilmarnock, and others (St Mirren for staters) may well be due compensation

Aside from no league games, of course the scheduled CL qualifiers are also within the self isolation period. And in theory, Celtiic also shouldn't train collectively across this time.

Boil, has been a complete * over this.
    The world, and his dog knew the rules. And if (after all the news over the past 6 months) he still didn't understand them, he's way too stupid to represent this football club.

The club need to make an example of him. Sack him, and make him culpable for any compensation.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Things like this are going to happen, and mistakes will be made.
    Aberdeen and now boli. It won't be the last incident.
    If the government threatens to put a pause on fitba then they will need to look closely at other failures across the easing of lockdown.
    For example, people being allowed into supermarkets without face masks,. People going onto buses with a mask, sitting down and taking the mask of. So is the solution to shut down supermarkets and pull buses of the road ?
    Of course not. Lessons will be learned, but a knee * reaction like shutting down football is a bit extreme.

littlekennie likes this.
  6. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’m not buying the “made a mistake” at all. If he was going to Spain, as a professional he should be informing the club (and the club should also at least know what the players are up to). Especially after everything, he would have contacted the club to inform and seek clarification if he was unsure. But to just go without uttering a word is deliberate, and as such he should be severely punished. * unbelievable man, it’s embarrassing. We need to be better than that and if rumours of 4 days off are true, we need to get a grip here. Biggest season in memory and we are making really making things difficult for ourselves. I don’t even want to think about the European repercussions here.

The_Bhoy and davidhannah like this.
  7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

He tested negative so no need to isolate the rest of the team. Sheep players tested positive hence why the rest were told to self isolate

JC Anton likes this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He knew what he was doing. He's sorry he got caught. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in court over this,if so good.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye as long as he and the rest of the team continues to test negative there's no need to self-isolate.

So it shouldn't effect fixtures.

The rules have been broken though, so we need to wait and see what the Government say.. NS was seething after Aberdeen so its either last chance saloon or she may pause the game.

Think we may sack Boli for Gross Misconduct.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Football was given quite strict conditions that need to be followed that allows the game to go ahead it cannot be compared to other guidelines. This is not a missed pur there could be quite severe consequences especially when the media start their negative campaign against us

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good excuse to terminate his contract.

We ain't getting any money for him and would save a 5 figure weekly wage anyway.

12. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Early tests don't always pick it up, which is one of the reasons they gave as to why testing everyone coming in at airports wouldn't work.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He's had 2 tests now and will probably be closely monitored. But probably should be OK now.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t think they’ll shut down football, but I do think they’ll come down hard on us. And to be honest, as much as it isn’t the club that is at fault, I can understand them doing that tbh. I don’t see any fines or anything like that, but I do reckon we’ll get a bit of a public dressing down.

Very different from supermarkets and the like though, in that football is simply a form of entertainment. It would be like allowing theatres to reopen as part of a special arrangement to save the industry, and then having staff and management acting like idiots.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. Ak1

It takes upto 14 days for the virus, to develop from an asymptomatic state.

Oh. And, the tests still aren't 100% accurate.

Aside from that he's done everything fine!

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

He could still be a carrier, a negative result only means you don't have it that day so for the next week or so he may not even show signs of it. Strictly speaking everyone in attendance on Sunday, at that * show, should be isolated.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I am not sure the Scottish government will be ok with probably. I can easily see them saying the message isn't getting through to these thick *, we have to make an example. And who better to make an example of than the biggest club in the country? It genuinly wouldn't surprise me if they say our games are postponed for 2 weeks, meaning we are out of Europe. Hopefully they don't go to that extreme, but as I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

18. davidhannah

Spain is on the Scottish and UK quarentine list, so he will have to quarentine for 14 days. He should receive a police fine of £480 quid as he's left his house to go to the football. And he's been on a plane with everyone in close quarters and recycled air. He's shown complete disregard for his team mates.

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully the club have a statement out soon and try and clear a few things up.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we are out of Europe not only is that bad for us it’s bad for Scottish football as a whole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk