1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Blueprint players......

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by pauloantony, May 25, 2007.

Discuss Blueprint players...... in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pauloantony

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to list of present and past.
    Sorry about being my negative self here...
    but iposted the below reply in the robbie keane section...
    we need to take a reality check folks ...sidwell,owen,keane,bellers...
    these guys (i think) are well out of our price bracket with thr EPL's newly found riches....
    Honestly guys.......
    do you really think that robbie keane would actually not just leave the now best league in the world(as every bit of talent world class talent will probably end up there)?? but also leave the 'bright lights' of London one of the worlds most cosmopolitan cities...just to start a love affair with our club????
    i dont think so!
    he is a class striker plying his trade at world class clubs such as inter???
    so if we say .....offer him about ...well lets push the boat out...
    £40,000 per week.
    portsmouth,bolton,west ham with thier £60m income could easily offer say £60,000 pw...let the picture develop....
    so 'celtic football club is the only club ive ever wanted to play for!!!!'
    ring ! ring !......ring! ring!
    hullo? robbie its yer agent here...portsmouth is offering £60,000 pw...
    but mr agent i'd love...
    agent:ill need to stop you thier bobbie! thats an extra £4.3 million extra over 4 years my son!
    sorry guys but i want to test myself still in the greatest league in the world visiting man utd,highbury,chelsea etc...im not ready to face gretna,fir park...tannadice...falkirks(freezing) stadium quite yet... see you when im 34.
    slaaaaam....... (door shuts behind bobbie)
    come on guys...lets get realistic here.

so the question is......WGS...define blueprint..is it scott brown? im happy with that but fans expectations by sounding out owen etc may feel a little 'let down' come the end of the summer....what do you all think??:fear:

2. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't think we'll be let down if we continue to progress with buying up potential & developing it under TB & JP at the soon to be completed "Bobby" Lennoxtown development, plus the odd addition of quality players in the form of JVoH, Graveson (didn't work out, but lets be honest it was a decent attempt).

We will continue to work within our perimeters, WGS & PL are well aware of the situation in EPL, as well as Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga etc... we've got a world class club here, with history, fans, stadia, Lennoxtown, last 16 CL (Spurs :56:) & we can offer £40k to the right player(s).
    C'mon, I appreciate your cynicism - but blend it with some good ole reality & even optimism.

Why do you think WGS has sent out the spies to the furthest reaches of the known universe - Sno, Naylor, Boruc, Naka & JVoH are good examples of why we should trust the manager & the board - they haven't even wasted their time with the Riquelme, Torres, Keane or Junhino rumours (I bet!)

3. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Get a grip scott brown was good buisness, hottest scottish outfeild talent and uz expect to get him cheap ??? especially when prem teams were in for him?

Well i dont like strachan , but if people are so keen to say hes a good manger then the trust of spending our fortune should be there

4. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Lets remember that Spurs wanted brown along with 2 or 3 other english clubs. JVoH and Graveson were big signings last year and we have more cash and less need for more players this year.

5. pauloantony

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoa there petals!
    i said that scott brown is a good signing...
    maybe we paid a little over the top,but im happy with the player starting at CP next year...

i presume that celtic will go down the Ajax road..
    massive club,massive history....making 1-2 decent signings per year and the odd couple with real potential...
    but the biggest part (now that lennoxtown will be completed) is to rear our own talent accrued from all over the world... with the veiw to selling on for millions to pay for our decent signings year in year out with hopefully a few pence spare...
    and do you know what.....im happy about this!
    :50:

6. Gaffney

Fav Celtic Player:
    JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Celtic has somehing spurs will never for a long time:

Trophies and medals and champion's league football not uefa cup, Robbie am sure it was a while ago he said he would like to play for celtic as he supported them when he was young.

I don't think Robbie will come to celtic by transfer but maby when his contract runs out which I think is next year.

7. pauloantony

Fav Celtic Player:
    so lets score them off so far....
    Sidwell.....was never gonna happen
    keane......was never gonna happen
    bellers....ill streak around CP on a matchday if he signs!!! £12m!!

so whos next???