1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Blind if you didn't see that result coming

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by superceltic67, Jul 30, 2014.

Discuss Blind if you didn't see that result coming in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. superceltic67

Been saying to fellow hoops all week that these poles have a great team and will go at us, that's the worst performance I have ever seen by any Celtic team going 1-0 up in any game

The board have spent no money again ( I don't buy into this bullshit - no sevco we don't have to) us the fans who travel from all over the place to watch Celtic deserve better ffs

It should be free in/ £5 to next weeks return leg to at least try and fill the stadium to get the place rocking, we have no chance turning this around with murrayfield half empty ffs

So Fuking angry at our board

2. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Spending money would not have changed anything, Lennon would have won that match easily 2,3-0.

3. superceltic67

Did you watch the game ??? We got outplayed in every position on the pitch man for man ......ffs 90% these players can't and won't be dropped cause they have nobody to replace them ........

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Like Shakhter Karaganda or Elfsborg?

5. Glasgow_Bhoy88

We were in crisis for those games, defence injured or recently signed.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought Legia looked poor tbh, think Aberdeen and Dundee Utd would be capable of taking them.

We were * by playing Mulgrew in a 2-man midfield giving him too much running to do and we kept getting opened up by them due to it. Then cause Ambrose went off we were then * for changing to a 3 man centre-mid so the fun and games continued.

We looked 2 levels above them the opening 30 minutes dominating possession and having them pinned back.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Ma *, money needed spent! Our team was clearly weaker and we can all see it needed added too.

This is down to us penny pinching yet again.

8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Yep we were our own worst enemies tonight. Radovic was their only player I thought was genuine quality and would stroll into our team. Their midfield and defence was poor, their goalie was shaky as * but we shot ourselves in the foot by not putting them under enough pressure.

We got the precious away goal, had them on the ropes, their passing was terrible and we were pressing them well. Then for some reason we let it all slip.

They were far better than us on the night but I wouldn't describe them as a "great" team. Radovic is probably their only player worth more than 1.5 million pounds, can see him getting a relatively big move to Spain or Germany this summer. Someone like Wolfsburg or Valencia would buy him.

9. Bean88

Looked poor my *..no offense but the strolled that entire game start to finish. The very second they realised all they had to do was press us, the game was up.

10. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The same team as last season without Brown and Samaras. Of course we were going to struggle.

The Board are an absolute disgrace.

11. storyman2381

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    youll never walk alone
    Its not just this season this has been building for years. When we got three in a row under strachan that was the time to strengthen we had the chance to be dominant for years to come with just a bit of wise spending done. Look at us now its a shambles the saying couldnt be anymore poignant you get what you pay for no money spent dross on the park. The problem is I dont see it getting better anytime soon.

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Let's not forget Ledley went as well so in my view this side attempting to qualify is far weaker than the one 12 months ago.

I looked at that starting line up tonight and instantly thought "that's a weak looking team"

I can see why Lenny went, reinvestment was vital and clearly he knew he wasn't getting any money so this qualifying campaign was always going to be tough.

It's not over yet but it's hard to see watching that tonight we have it in us to pull it off

13. superceltic67

Let's be honest vvd & forster will 100% go now
    I'm sure there agent is on the phone now to them rubbing his hands and I don't blame them

Best fans in world with a board that won't and will never back us

14. Cliftonville

Didnt St Pats hold this team to a draw away from home?
    I would think that Aberdeen or Dundee would quite easily beat them.

15. Glorious1967

Talking Aberdeen the sheep could push us this season if last night is anything to go by, goodwille rooney and mcginn is a decent front 3 for them add a bit of consistency, they could do well

16. dowdalshillcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I just looked at the team and I was baffled , bringing kayal on was a joke he was rubbish, I dont know where we are going from here, most shambolic celtic performance since artimedia.

17. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Money definitely needs to be spent as we need to find suitable replacements for players that are sold,so we can compete with the best.Yet ,with all the respect,Legia might be the best team in Poland but they are not nearly as good as we made them look last night.
    We made it easy for them,players tragically underperformed and to be fair so did Deila.They completly lost their heads,with the obvious lack of leadership.

So I didnt see this coming ,not against Legia,because even with the team we have now ,we should be able to get the better of that team.Why it didnt happen is more due to horrible display from the players,bad tactical decisions ,lack of leadership and harmony.This was our first real test this season and we failed miserably.

Game at Murrayfield is still to be played,and if everybody give their maximum than maybe,just maybe,we can turn this around.

18. Fatface

Yes but look what happened after Artmedia, Championships, Cups and two last 16 CL slots.

Just like Strachan, our new manager is going to need time to set the team the way he wants. And btw I have never believed that our current squad is CL material anyway so the Europa, if we make it, is more our level anyway.

Calm down and keep supporting the Hoops.

19. ttj

Legia was offered 3 milions for Duda like 3 weeks ago and 3.5 mil for Zyro earlier this year. Both offers were rejected.

Also saying Aberdeen or Dundee would be able to beat Legia is just rude and/or plain stupid cause if that's the case they'll give you run for your money in the SPL :)

20. SpringburnBhoy

And the team we had last season was "far weaker" than the season before.
    And team next year will be weaker than this year,thanks Pistol.