1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest cheapskates you've met

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 10, 2020.

Discuss Biggest cheapskates you've met in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Ive a mate similar, hes as tight as two coates of paint.

Hes got a decent job - brags about the overtime and on call rates etc.

Yet him in his wife and three kids live in council house, with the two youngest in the same room with him and the wife and his 17 year old son in the box room.

You cant even walk between the beds in his bedroom its that bad.

His big lad 17, never been on a plane before, married over 10 years and not been away since the honeymoon, yet gets a cracking wage with very little out goings.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. JamesM09

Scary thing is she probably doesn’t understand why it’s out of order for you to put in double everyone else. Some people are fly but others are just thick as *.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

I think weve all had our own wee moments when things have been tight but ive seen some right miserable * in my time, even people ive did work for. Once i was doing a small referb job for a fella and he walked in with a large box of bent rusty nails and wanted us to straighten them before using them. I told him just to go and get me some nails for my passload nail gun but he wasnt having it. We were all on day rate so i didnt really give a * but it was funny as * watching all us trying to hammer these nails straight before using them. Once he seen us for a few days taking ages to fix them he wasnt to long for going and getting the correct nails.

Another time i was doing another full renovation on day rate again becasue the job was a * to price because there was so much slabbering work to be done it was difficult to price. I was asking for 10 bags of skim for the first hits but he walked in with 5-7 if i remember right. I said wheres the rest and he said im sure youll strecth that out haha. Same was when the bathrooms where getting done, he was bring half the amount of bags of adhesive thinking we could stretch them out and the best was, i asked for a box of screws for something and he asked me how many i wanted. I said i dont know, sure get a half box if ya dont want to pay for a full box as im sure thatll be enough. He walked in with 20 screws in a small bag hahahaha. Couldnt believe it. the best about all this, this fella is on 400 quid a day on the boats and sometimes can pull in 10-20k a month when its going good for him.

I guess theres people like this everywhere. theyd need counselling of theyd broke into a fiver most days.

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I think we all know who they are.