1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bhoys in for Christanval - Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CiaranM, Jan 6, 2005.

Discuss Bhoys in for Christanval - Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CiaranM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Celtic are the latest club reportedly interested in acquiring the services of Marseille defender Philippe Christanval.

The former Monaco man looks to be on the way out of Stade Velodrome and a number of clubs have been alerted to his availability.

A powerful defensive presence, he is still bidding to rebuild his career after a torrid time at Barcelona.

Celtic boss Martin O'Neill is rumoured to be considering striking a loan deal for the 26-year-old with an option of a permanent deal at the end of the current campaign.

Southampton manager Harry Redknapp is another coach who has shown an interest in Christanval and Blackburn Rovers are also in the frame.

Meanwhile, Celtic expect to announce that John Hartson has agreed a two-year contract at Parkhead.

The Wales international is set to reject a lucrative move to Hertha Berlin in order to prolong his stay in Glasgow.

2. HH

I think MON should be concentrating in strengthening this area. We have always been solid at the back since MON came to parkhead, but this past year has seen blunder after blunder causing us euro progression, league and cup advancement.

3. BB Banned!

In other words....our defence is pish!!!

4. HH

Bath_Bhoy you have a way with words! lol

But yet again, another miracle..we agree!

5. BB Banned!

* *....twice in one day...cant have that...i really think our defence is great then....just to be different...

I laso think that Camara and Juninho were great value for money...

That better HH?

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

is it just me or is harry redknapp going after every single player celtic are.

7. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    and every player available

in january

has been linked with

BLACKBURN ROVERS

8. rambeler

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon,mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the boys of the old brigade
    redknapp can have camara

9. Mark

We defo need a bit of strengthening at the back. Haven't heard much of this guy to be honest though. Wish John Kennedy hadnt got injured when he did though - he was in brilliant form and looked an amazing prospect. Just hope he's as good when he returns!

10. celticfc411

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    man there shuldnt even be a contest for this guy.....lessee...he can go to southampton....and end up being relegated....he can go to blackburn...and end up being relegated, or he can come to CP....where at least we win sometimes and theres a good chance that we play a few games in europe every year

but i dono...maybe he thinks the english championship is better than the SPL

11. lard44

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Crossmaglen
    I rate Christanval quite highly - he's useful and at a good age. Let's be honest - neither of those two can match us for support or guaranteed European football. If he chooses one of the other two, it's patently down to money. As it usually is.