1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Beram Kayal

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CarlosTe-wess, Jan 23, 2011.

Discuss Beram Kayal in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Wish him all the best, shame he never became the player he could have. * elbows.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Kayal and McCourt both at Brighton. They're up against Daryl Murphy's Ipswich on Saturday in what could possibly be the greatest footballing contest ever seen.

3. Sonny7

Izzaguire has never been as good as he was before his injury. No where near that level he showed in his first tremendous season. Should we get rid of him to?

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You no been watching Celtic recently naw? :87:

5. BelfastCelt88

Best of luck Beram.

6. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Did I miss something here? Is Kayal off to another club? Shame, I liked him as a player.

7. Croogle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'll always remember and love him for what he did in the 3-0 game against the Zombies. Diouf with the ball in an absolute nothing area of the park, and in comes Kayal at 100mph two footed right through the *!

8. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    He's never been as good? I agree that Izaguirre wasn't at his best after his injury but to say he's not back at his best now is very naive because anyone can see the quality he's been bringing to us this season (and even last season) alone. If you can't see that then you're love for Kayal or hatred for Deila has blinded you.

I'm not dissing the guy because I like Kayal but he's not been the same player he was before Elbows put him out. However, if Kayal couldn't nail down a regular 1st team place due to inconsistency and injuries within the last 3 years then how much longer should we have kept him to see IF he would improve? Deila didn't see Kayal in his team plans and it's only fair that he let the guy go somewhere where he will get a chance to play and I hope he does well.

9. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Best of luck to him. There us definitely a player there. I hope he proves deila wrong. Just always liked him as a player. 100% into everything. Just wish he could shoot.

10. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He was one of my favourite players a couple of years back. Disappointed to see him leave but he won't be missed. He has fallen down the pecking order now and has done right leaving to try and get first team football.

Good luck Beram :50:

11. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Will be a symbol for a great era under Lenny :50:

Best of luck to him , still think he could have been a celtic great if things had went his way .

12. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Izzy has been a consistently good performer for a long long time , and has been as good as his first season this season imo.

13. Sonny7

I agree he's been good consistently for a while but has he reached that high level of performance of his phenomenal first season. Not way, definitely not!

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Shame to see Kayal go. It's best for both parties, but what a player he could have been. He was sensational in that first 12-18 months.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Loved him when he came, that injury knocked it out of him.
    Remember reading an interview about a year ago from him, he sounded like he was really losing his love for the game - and im sure he pin pointed that injury as a catalyst for it.

Would have loved to have seen him go on to be a great player for us. Hope he does well down the road and rekindles his passion.
    Great player on his day and deserves game time. All the best Beram - welcome back any time.

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Liked Kayal during his time at Celtic. Started like a house on fire but obviously injuries have really set him back since that first season. I do have to say everytime he came on off the bench earlier this season I thought he looked good and played well. Clearly though he was not in Delia's plans and we do have Biton to play in the same spot as well as Mulgrew so probably best for him to move on. Hope it works out well for him at Brighton.

17. Hughesie

For some reason im absolutely gutted he has gone, great to watch at his peak.

Good look beram. Hope you always think highly of celtic

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He loved the club as well.

When he was fit and firing he had that Lustig and Izzaguirre kind of attitude. Even when he wasn't playing he always spoke well on Twitter.

19. Shane1888

Thanks for everything Beram, he served us reasonably well over four years. Shame about the injuries though, could have been a much better player than he already was.

Stand out performance in my opinion was the role he played in Sammy Sunday, New Year's game 2011. Vastly depleted squad that day, yet Kayal, Samaras and McCourt ran the show and taught the filth a lesson.

20. Vertie Auld

Any idea how much we got for him? I'm hoping we can use the money to bring Mackay-Steven in early.

Best of luck to you, Beram. :celt_2: