1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Davies

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Cesar67x, Aug 28, 2020.

Discuss Ben Davies in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's not a strange move for him at all. He'll be on a lot more than he's getting at PNE, has an opportunity to show what he can do in the premiership, there's a decent likelihood he'll get a loan deal to another EPL team for next season which could lead to another big move for him. Seems like a no brainer from his point of view.

TonyTim and Artorias like this.
  2. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

He’s gone close thread

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Confirmed by Liverpool.

Verbally agreed a deal with celtic on thursday by all accounts then stalled like * it seems.

Probably never see the light of day in a liverpool shirt next season but set for life now.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. DonnyCelt

Only paid £500K upfront for him.

We are a shambles.

5. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Looks like we have * all dosh

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Only upside of this window was hearing we had agreed to sign one the better CBs from the English Championship, then 48 hours later he is in a Liverpool jersey. This season man...just end!

Foley1888 likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :90:

Was hoping they got someone else in of a higher standard..

This could only happen to us in these circumstances..

Never ending slaps..

8. celtic warrior

All he needs is 5 decent showings in a Liverpool shirt and mugs like villa, west ham, that level will get him in for £15mill.

Can't fault him for taking that risk when we are an utter * show and at this rate his next move from would likely be back to the championship because we coach all the good and ruin the boys confidence

paulmcq1888 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

We were not 'gazumped' if it's 2 million overall and 500k up front it's just poor from the board ... again

10. Sin

I guess we'll see but I can't see him getting to show what he can do in the EPL, I see him being a back up this season as Liverpool have so many defenders out injured.
    Next season he won't even see the bench.

I would imagine then loaned out, more than likely to EPL relegation fodder where he will show nothing or he'll be back in the Championship on loan.

You got the money bit right though, he will be getting a lot than he was on and more than we would have offered.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Stalled because Lennon was still there. In the current position we are in it would have been a bad move for him.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah mate nothing to do with lennon

Agent clearly got wind of something after verbally agreeing a deal, deals down south dont happen in 2hrs

14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I didn't say he will show what he can do in the EPL, I said he has the opportunity. He certainly can't show what he can do there if he is at a team that isn't in the EPL. And I think he may get more games than you'd expect precisely because of liverpools injury crisis, it's up to him whether he can make it count. Even if he doesn't he's more likely to get a move/loan deal to another premiership team going from Liverpool than from PNE or even from us.

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was waiting to see what other offers he would get before commiting to us. Worked out well for him

16. Sin

Sorry, yes I know you said he would have the opportunity to show what he can do in the EPL.
    I'm just not sure he will get that opportunity, yes Liverpool have a lot of injuries in defence but aren't they signing 3 CBs today?
    Also Klopp doesn't mind playing a CM at CB.

I guess we'll see but from a footballing point of view I think he made a mistake, from a financial point of view he of course made the right move.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    You canny blame the guy, he'll be lucky tae kick a ball for Liverpool but the money will be too good to turn down.

18. celtic warrior

This is what we get for * about, waiting for CEO yo retire.... It has led to every other operation in the club to come ti a stand still.

If Lennon was sacked and a new manager in, they'd not have * about and got this * in and bid £4 mill 9r something stupid.

* shambles at the moment

19. Gurru 991

It's a good move for him as he will earn some dosh & just maybe impress enough to get a deal at another Premier League club.
    I don't want to be controversial but a player would be crazy to sign for Celtic right now when there are other options available

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'll be honest I haven't even looked at who else they are signing, I was assuming he was the only CB they were bringing in. That being said I think Klopp is more likely to at least try an actual CB there first, if he has one available, before resorting to using a midfielder. But I don't watch much of Liverpool so I could be way off there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.