1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

be kind, new member rant

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticbaz, Sep 3, 2008.

Discuss be kind, new member rant in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    hi guys new member so please be kind

been viewing the forum for the past few weeks and there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions about celtic just now but id say a majority of unhappy campers. i just joined so im on to have a hopefully sensible rant as well now.

Firstly i have to say that i cant actually remember the last signing that got the fans really excited at the time and was proved to be a huge success ??? any suggestions ?
    there have been so many dissapointments lately !

I admit that there have been a few successful buys recently at the bargain end of the scale, i.e mcdonald 700k ish , naka 1.6m ish, boruc 600k but im sorry celtic fc are a worldwide institution and the fans deserve better !

I am not on to moan about strachan as i respect him and waht hes done, the only thing that does bother me is his quirky attitude at times in his important role in representing our club to the world. he does get asked silly questions but where is the strachan who was known for taking the mick out of the press not playing into their hands with ovasive childish responses, i dont know what you guys think but i just find that side of him a bit off now as time goes on ??? does that put off players coming ? In saying this i do think he has done well considering his lack of financial support from the board and certain parts of the crowd. I have watched us however over the last 3 years just not really get any better as a team, the away results in europe are testimment to that as we are always good at home with the crowd, i am of the opinion that we are not playing nice football anymore which is important as well as results to most fans. its not hard to beat most spl teams today but we are struggling more and more ? where are the days when you could turn up at cp and enjoy 5,6,7 goal routs with good football, those days left with larsson and mon. epl teams would do exactly that to your st mirrens and falkirks at home. i wont take anything away from gordon as he has done it.... but i do think if someone else like moyes etc had come in after mon then they would have won 3 in a row as well, only because of how poor rangers have been ? i think mon would have done this too and got us into the cl last 16 as well but thats heresay anyway. my point is i just dont understand starchan or the boards thinking and its hard to be patient and as supportive as you want to be towards them.

after we sold petrov for 8m 2 years ago i expected this and money from the first last 16 of cl money to be invested and it was clearly not, where did it go, rangers have invested money from there 2 big recent sales ? then again this time last 16 money etc but sadly lacking again to a figure of about 7m just not good enouph !

there are good players out there and they dont all cost fortunes ! if celtics policy is to shop at baragin basement then thats fine but im afraid we need to have one of the best scouting networks in europe to achieve what were attempting to do so that we unearth more sigings like larsson 700k and moravcik 300k ? we clearly are not doing well enouph in this department so who is to blaim, strachan, the board, park the scout ?

I must reply to a comment made last night about the current board being compared to the old regime. this is absolut nonsense, the board are doing well to reduce the debt and have us in a stable position, however they are so secretive about everything, what is the vision for the future, next 3 years ? next 10 years ? once we have completely no debt are we going to start investing seriously then ? if we can not partake in epl then surely more must be done to maximise from our worldwide fan bases ? we are one of the top 5 supported clubs in the world so what is going on ? on a final note in response to this claim about the old board, this club was saved by the fans with fergus mccann at the helm, the club would never have gone to the wall and never will with such a support, debt or no debt ! how can clubs like real be 500m in the red but still spend big and we are in the clear but cant come close to matching our european competitors or even some championship teams ! I know tv etc, league but it does not all boil down to that im afraid. we need a rethink, plans, another share issue ? outright new wealthy owners ? plus increased capacity for cl games, when is the rest of the stadium ever gonna be completed ???? it was designed to be a bowl shape ?

i still think we will win the league and will be right behind the team as rangers just caught us on the hop and were probably raging about the league last year, they will drop plenty points, but we need to address a few issues that are clearly there.
    after sunday i would give left back to the only man strong enouph to do it currently and that is robson. my team formation would be.......but its never gonna change from 442 and regimented positions under strachan. we need more flexibility its too predictable at the mo.

boruc
    hinkel loovens mcmanus robson
    crosas brown
    mcgeady naka maloney

mcdonald

im sure some wont agree but that my hopefully logical rant

hail hail

2. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Welcome :bbpd: Agree with most of your points

3. 1888Scott

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Brown, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Celtic Song
    some good some bad. hopefully you won't get called a hun for having a mind to speak out!

4. Ryan47

Fav Celtic Player:
    Caldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    its inevitable he will mate, so i may as well do it.

* off you dirty gloryhunting fickle *, we don't need your kind of fan, everything is great, scott mcdonald will get signed by man city in January for a fee of 64 million pounds, now go and eat *, and never come back to parkhead.

only joking mate, but that's what to expect lol.

5. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Welcome i agree with points and it was a good well thought out post, but some points i will touch on

1 Not all epl that are spending similair money to ourselves (if there are any!) would destroy all spl teams by goals galore every week, the spl has improved a * of a lot in the last few years.

2 When we clear the debt i can't see heavy investment or we will back to square one.

3 I'm sure we are doing all we can to squeeze money out of the worldwide fan base and increase it, i couldn't fault anyone at the club on that.

4 Your formation i actually like, it looks more defensive but imagine the freedom Naka, Mcgeady and Maloney's would get they could do some damage.

6. kennydal

Welcome to the madhouse:icon_mrgreen:, a lot of your points are good and what i would say just to add onto yours is ,the team that finished the league last season where playing good stuff ,i honestly thought then that all we needed was 3 good quality players and that team would have been immense .

This hasnt happened but i do hope that common sense takes over and GS plays the boys he has brought in ,crossas, maloney,loovens,along with mizuno ,caddis ,hutch ,you take 4out of 6 there that should be in that first team ,if he played that team over the season they would be some outfit.

7. kennydal

read the other post mate ,your not a hun are you:50:

8. 1888Scott

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Brown, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Celtic Song
    rendog67. you said that better than i could! well said!

9. 1888Scott

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Brown, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Celtic Song
    To everyone who has called myself, muttcutts or anyone else a hun .....

you cant tell the * difference between a true fan being angry about the way his team is being treated, and lied to, to make money. and the difference between someone who hates the club

the differnce is enough passion to care when we are being lied to and not to blindly follow on think you are being a true fan! when a true fan takes a stand and demands our board to treat us with respect!

Big Jock Said: the jersey doesn't shrink to fit inferior players

wilson is an inferior right footed left back. and we did nothing to help it. but we spend 2.5 million on a CB to sit on the bench!

wake up and don't be so * insulting to muttcutts and the fans who are angry enough to question the board!

the Love for the club is the passion behind the anger!

10. Dan1888

Welcome mate a good post agree with most of your points there :50:

11. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    cheers
    yeh i think robson could do some damge coming from there at lb, hes strong, reasonably quick, left sided, quite tall, gets up and down park and can u imagine him interlinking with maloney or whipping balls in with that left peg from there. i think naka is far better inside and interchanging but supported by defensive midfielders in crosas and brown as i believe he should be and not considered am. mcgeady and maloney roming about could be very hard to pick up and could destroy a few teams id say ?

12. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    lol, im a diehard tim but thanks for the trust guys. didnt think i came over that bad but hey, thought i made some valid points. i will still be there at cp no matter what happens this season, its in my blood.

hail hail

13. kennydal

the players that are there at celtic have the potential to hammer teams ,but its getting the right team on the park ,GS has got a good problem with that i mean who does he pick ,as i said before he has to go with the guys he bought and take it from there

14. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Is that supposed to be inspirational :56:

15. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I can tell mate hope to read more of your posts in the future :50:

16. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    cheers mate:50:

17. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    With the addition of crosas and maloney, it leaves robson free to do a job at left back, wich i think he could do with his eyes shut, and the interlinking that would go on down that side especially would be magic.
    Sort it for us wgs and i'm sure it will reap rewards

EDIT: * i quoted the wrong post pmsl wanted to do the robson remark and agree with it lol

18. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    yeh marty1888 he is so versatile, and this would allow crosas in the team as that boy can definetly play ! hartley and donati have had plenty of chances, brown deserves time and i think will come good once hes back to himself again.

19. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Donati is in my view a bit part player and should just be sold, didnt robson start life as a lb anyway? probs wrong but i have seen him there and tbh he looked good and was still a goal threat so it's definetly an option and he can do it in the big game's unlike wilson (who we shouldnt be to hard on cuz he shouldnt be on that side anyway) As for brown, i really do admire his raw talent and i think he has been getting a hard time of it as late, but remember people he has just lost his sister and perhaps best friend and so may need some extra time and games, i have no doubt in my mind that he will go on to be one of the greatest celtic midfielders of the last decade.

There's alot of other option's that at this time would be deemed risky, but i would include mark miller caddis o'dea and mcgowen in more game's even just spl games against the likes of accies (no offence to them teams) just to give them the experience and development that those 4 in particular deserve.

But no they will leave join motherwell hibs dundee ect ect get loads of games develope become the players they promise to be and then in the long run we will lose out lol its just the way things are the now, although i wont sit and say its 100% wgs fault cuz if i remeber right mon wouldnt play mcgeady/maloney nor mcmanus all that often but when wgs came in he gae them the chances they deserved.....and fank ghod he did.:icon_mrgreen:

EDIT: ps just call me marty,

btw when ya having a convo with people face to face do anyone often find em selfs saying stupid things like LOL or ASL ect? dont mean to go off topic so only reply to this side question after the thread related post lol, reason i ask is i done it twice today 1nc to my gran then again when buying *... am i going nut's

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  20. celticbaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    well said marty, maloney, mcgeady, mcmanus should have been playing regular before mon left.