1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 21, 2021.

Discuss Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Do yourself a favour and ‘pop in’ even rarer then.

We lost in heartbreaking fashion.

People are devastated.

Not everyone takes defeat as well as you.

2. Forza 67

Thought you were chilling in the 5th dimension.

3. Sgt Neppers*

In a few days time I'll look back and see the positives and strides made since the start of the campaign. Right now, its a hard one to swallow. Proper kick in the stones.

Shows the squad is still light. Let's get it sorted in January with 4 quality additions and we'll be good for the rest of the season.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hilarious troops. You both certainly seem gutted rather than trying to get a rise.

5. ddub11

Think we played ok but once we had to make changes it showed our lack of quality on the bench.Said if before i just dont rate calm mac atall and tonight we saw a lack of composure and some terrible passing from him imo he shouldn't be captain.

6. murphy88

The thing is, I said before it I felt it was a free hit as European football after Xmas was job done in my opinion given what Ange took over. It’s the nature of the defeat tonight I just cannot stomach though. We done the hard work coming from a goal down, and looked fairly comfortable until making the subs. It just undone all the hard work we put it.

7. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Again we lack the European nous and experience on slowing a game down in the final minutes.

We need to stop trying to get the ball back in play so quickly because we just end up giving it away and hit on the transition.

Also my * the amount of times we don’t take care in possession is unreal. Both Johnstone and Abada terrible for it when they came on hold onto the * ball or win your team a free kick.

You knew when they scored the equaliser we would lose like against Betis, can’t accept being plucky losers in these games you need to see them out.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just for our resident superheroes. I’m gutted at the way that ended. We should have won that game.

The fact that we should’ve have won away from home against a top team who tore strips off us at home is testament to the progress Ange is making.

Gutted but incredibly proud of the team and where we are heading.

Gutted though. Just so our resident superheroes understand. I’m gutted

Rydo1888*, NomDePlum, Marie and 2 others like this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Heartbreaking....devastated?

Really?

That was a game not one single smelly * expected to win. It was gutting we didn't and with some better game management we would have.

I'll be more devastated if we drop points against the sheep and the wee huns.

Getting out tonight with a good performance, no injuries, and spirits in tow was all I was looking for.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The subs killed us. Daft subs at a daft time. That’s on Ange.

NomDePlum and dmccourt95 like this.
  11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Dev
    Devastated, bit drastic mate, don’t like losing either but expected it tonight, aye bit annoying we were 2-1 up but league main thing for me this season, in some ways at present with where the rebuild is at, coming 2nd and getting a 3rd place champions league team like ac Milan, Atlanta or Wolfsburg would I think be too tough for us over 2 legs, coming 3rd might get us a wee run

NomDePlum, Marie and Sean Daleer like this.
  12. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Bitton bossed this game?

Sean Daleer likes this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Frustrating thing for me is we always seem to draw 2 right good teams and that mob always seem to get 2 pretty pish teams

as bad as we were last season how tf can you be a pot 1 and end up with Ac Milan and the French champions Lille in the same group

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Am absolutely gutted we did not come away with at least a draw.
    I feel Ange made his substitutions too early because the team up to that stage were all on the same page and playing as a unit. The chances that appeared after the subs came on would have been snapped up by the players that came off. I realise some were tired but still too early I believe.

Johnston needs to play smart and use his speed to advantage. Less running and dribbling on the ball, more pass and move to get himself in free positions. Ajeti was Ajeti.

Joe Hart was top shelf, world class saves, reminding me of Gordon Banks at his finest.

To be fair the Germans should have been 3-1 up before we scored the second.

When CCV glides up to the 18yrd box looking to make an incisive forward pass, he needs to let go with a devastating shot as well, if the pass is not on. He will be missed for the Betis game at home.

Andrich scoring the first goal and making that run from the 18yrd line around the perimeter of the defence, totally caught us napping. That approach is what Giakoumakis or Welsh should be making at corner kicks.

Overall, an enthralling game that had our hopes up. Our supporters were amazing once again.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Fool me once...

16. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Watching the * just now and my old school team would have * Sparta Prague.
    We were good all the same.

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I agree in a sense mate.

If you told me before the game we will lose 3-2, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

When I wake up tomorrow I’m sure I’ll look at the game with a bit of perspective, but I’m not apologising for being absolutely gutted at that. I’m especially gutted for our travelling support who deserved at least a point tonight.

It’s all about the manner of the defeat, and naturally people on here have taken it badly, nothing wrong with that for me. Certainly not enough for other members to be complaining about it.

Slater67 likes this.
  18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Same as above mate.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    In some ways mate playing against pish like that makes them start believing their great again and Alfie’s back which is good for us

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally mate, they are totally * poor.