1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman vs Superman

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Highland_Bhoy, Dec 2, 2015.

Discuss Batman vs Superman in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Glad to see Affleck is getting a stand alone Batman movie which he will be directing :50:

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Can't wait for it. Got really high hopes.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Some news about the Batman solo film.

Ben Affleck tweeted a video a couple of weeks ago of test footage from the film, showing Deathstroke will be in it. Looks like he will be a villain in it, if not the main villain. Today it's been confirmed that Joe Manganiello will be playing Deathstroke, pretty much the guy that everyone wanted so that's a result.

Here's the video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-R8Fn5NBM[/ame]

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Here's the Justice League trailer. Looks pish.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye. I'll still waste money seeing it though :56: better than a * drama the witch would make me see.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly think the Justice League looks incredible.

Canny wait to see what Atlantis looks like and how they'be filmed it.

Give me a DC movie over the * Marvel produces any day.

Highland_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Il still go see it.

And how stunning is wonder woman :100:

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I prefer the darker tone of DC but you're kidding yourself if you think their films have been better than Marvels.

Man of Steel was duff and BvS (although I enjoyed it) wasn't too much better.

Cyborg looks awful. The Flash looks bad. Superman is trash. Aquaman and Wonder Woman look quite good to be fair, and of course Batman is great.

They needed to introduce these characters before shoving them all together.

9. Dallas Cowbhoys

I think the Justice League trailer looks quite good, and I'm not into all the Avengers, Captain America stuff.

Plus Aquaman is Khal Drogo

Valhalla likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Completely disagree.

Man of Steel is the best comic book movie since The Dark Knight imo.

Cyborg will look better when the movies out because he's a full CGI character. You can see he's only had basically work done so far and every trailer he will improve up until the film.

The Flash looks incredible. Ezra Miller will be a superstar after this. The kids will * love him. Gal Gadot is already iconic as Wonder Woman and Aquaman looks the star of the show so far.

They don't need to introduce the characters though. The Avengers done that with every character getting an origin story and the only good one was Iron Man. Cap, Thor, and Hulk were * awful. Hulk was that bad they had to recast Bruce Banner.

Marvel gets a lot of hype but their movies are awful without any weight to them. Give me BVS over anything they've made any day.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If the female reaction to Momoa as Aquaman is anything to go buy the cinemas will probably be swimming more than Atlantis :giggle1:

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Man of Steel was just almost invicible aliens throwing each other through buildings for 2 hours. I just personally find Superman the most boring superhero around.

Obviously we won't agree on much here:giggle1:

All I can say is your certainly in the minority when it comes to the quality of the Marvel and DC films. Like I said, I enjoy the dark tone but the DC films since the Bale trilogy haven't been good at all. BvS was a mess.

Tried too hard to set up future films. Cringe nods to Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash. A weird as * Lex Luthor who went totally against what Luthor is all about. Depressing Superman.

The only saving graces were Batman, Alfred and Wonder Woman was half decent.

And Man of Steel is better than Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Soldier? Really? Is it okay for me to call you a DC fanboy?:giggle1:

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Oh and something that I got from that trailer is...Batman really doesn't belong with that group.

He seems so out of place. At least the Avengers all look like they belong in the same team...but Batman just has gadgets, a car and good fighting skills. Yet he's teaming with an indestructible alien, a centuries old warrior, a fish man, a cyborg and a guy who manipulates time. Actually, it's a very strange group in general.

Ugh.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The Winter Soldier is the most overrated movie in the MCU. Iron Man 1 is by are and away the best movie by a long long way.

You really aren't saying GOTG was good? How can you moan about invincible aliens smashing through buildings but then talk about a movie that has one of the most powerful villains in the genre bet by a * dance off :rofl:

Of course I'll be the minority when it comes to the MCU. They're made by Disney and they're made for kids. it's not Marvel films in the Marvel/Disney branch.

Spider-Man 2 is probably the best CBM after The Dark Knight. Even Andrew Garfields Spider-Man movies look better than that Homecoming *.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The Winter Soldier is a good film, and you can't deny that was a lot more serious and "dark" (to an extent) compared to the usual MCU films.

GOTG clearly was good. Rave reviews by the vast majority of outlets and the public. The dance off thing was silly but the whole movie was silly because...it's a superhero film. Not all of them are and should be dark and serious. GOTG was entertaining, funny, has good action and characters that you feel attached to. It also had a great soundtrack.

Saying they're made for kids is a pish excuse and dig. I'm 20 and I enjoy most of the MCU films, albeit I'm starting to get superhero fatigue. There's people in their 30's, 40's and beyond who enjoy Marvel films because they are entertaining. Is that not the main job of films and TV shows?

When it comes down to them, I don't favour Marvel characters over DC as a whole. Batman is actually by far my favourite. But I find it mental how anyone can say the DCEU has better films than the MCU thus far.

I really wanted to love the DCEU because I wanted to see a more serious group of films with more violence and death etc. But they've had a bit of a disaster so far. Suicide Squad in particular was a *.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Valhalla likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not saying Marvel don't have any good films calm doon. Just saying their movies are so overrated and all the origin movies are basically the same scene for scene with different characters.

I honestly loved MOS and it's the only Superman I'll probably ever even like. I * hate him as a character. He's the John Cena of superheroes. The main complaints against MOS are about how dark and serious it is for a superman movie. And how Superman shouldn't punch people never mind kill them. Don't know if it's cos it wasn't what I was expecting and I flung it on one night when I was bored but I honestly * love it. The score, Michael Shannon as Zod, Faora, Krypton opening, His dads being opposite sides of the coin and his first flight scene is one of the best shot scenes you'll ever see in a comic book film. I'd have that above any CBM apart from The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2 probably.

BVS I 'liked' the theatrical cut but you could tell it was edited from the studio and was a mess. And introducing the League via email was a panic decision by the studio. Love the Extended Cut though. That Warehouse scene is just incredible.

The Winter Soldier is darker and more mature but it wasn't anywhere near the level of Iron Man 1 imo. That is the best MCU movie by a million miles even though it wasn't made by the same studio.

I like Thor 1 and Avengers as well. But Iron Man 2&3, Thor 2, Ultron and Hulk are just as diabolical as Suicide Squad. But GOTG had like 10 movies building up these villains as Gods. And wee have like the second most powerful * in the universe having a * dance off. If DC done that with like Bane or X-Men done it with Magneto and Apocalypse they'd have been * slated. It honestly took me right out the movie.

Suicide Squad should've stuck to the same tone as their first teaser. It was like a horror film, with Joker as the villain. The studio bottled it though when after the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer it became the most talked about movie on the planet. Hopefully they get Mel Gibson for the sequel and make it into a big epic war/horror rated R.

I'm with you on the fatigue thing though. I've missed Doctor Strange, Apocalypse, Kingsman, Civil War, Power Rangers and Deadpool in the cinemas and waited until they've been released.

Just thankful DC is starting out with a new universe and X-Men is rebooting with new heroes. Wonder Woman and Logan are the only two solo movies of like the last 5 years that look mildly interesting for me.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Still not wathed Doctor Strange. Forgot all about it.

Agree about Wonder Woman. The trailer is great but don't want to go in with high expectations.

19. Bumblebee

That is why I always say comic book nonsense doesn't translate well to film :fear:

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

@Immortan

Bumblebee is calling us *.

Valhalla and Bumblebee like this.