1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Random Review, Sep 7, 2016.

Discuss Barcelona vs Celtic, Tuesday 13/09/16, 19.45. BTSport3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I am going for an unreal win over there,unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Swervedancer Guest

They will if we score first, after that Alaves game their fans will be demanding a comprehensive display on Tuesday. Going down again their bottle will crash, their fans doing ironic oles as we start to out pass them :smiley-laughing002:

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    And the whole world is shaking for hours after our sensational 8-1 win!

4. ordinaryman

Hi Sherlock, knew there was something wrong but couldn't see it. You'll have to explain to Armstrong he's been dropped. :smiley-laughing002:

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Genuinely believe we can get something over there, we are tailor made to counter attack on big pitches.

Obviously we will need to be clinical and get some luck here and there but it is possible.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Worst possible result for us is them losing, when do they lose 2 on the spin?

Genuinely scared but excited at the same time, just hope we don't take a proper spanking.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Can't wait to see us finally wear the hoops away in Europe!

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Same, I was * gutted when I seen they lost.

I'm * myself. Has a major possibility of all going * up for us here.

9. Dirk_Diggler

look just been in this is a bonus for us but a would like to see us keep the ball more in these away euro games we can play with a lot of freedom as were major under dogs and are expected to get beat but i can see this team of ours going far within the next few years.

if we can manage to keep rodgers a think we could become a real force in european football once again......... so its all a bonus and a dont think we should fear barcelona or anybody for that matter a think rodgers will just tell the players to go and enjoy it without pressure

10. gazb1888

Have faith i watched the whole barca game. Messi and suarez didn't start but the whole team was clearly lacking confidence. When they both came on they just weren't connecting. Fingers crossed it continues into Tuesday night. Think the brightness of neymars hair may have put them off slightly

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Almost certainly still lose but tbh never a better time to play Barca. They could be re-energised and angered by their poor start to the season and pump us, but I don't really care I think we should have a good go, would rather lose 5-4 or even 5-1 than parking the bus and still losing but by a smaller margin.

Celtic are more confident than we've been for years and Barca, though still world class, are not what they were. We can genuinely go there hopeful of a draw, and who knows what can happen?

12. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    De Vries
    Lustig Kolo Sviatchenko Tierney
    Roberts Brown Rogic Bitton Sinclair
    Dembele​

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

1-1

De Vries
    Gamboa Lustig Toure Sviatchenko Tierney
    Forrest Brown Bitton Sinclair
    Dembele

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We need to go 5 at the back IMO.

Lustig centre half and Gamboa right back, adds pace as well.

15. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    *:smiley-laughing002:

16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My worry with five at the back is that our midfield just won't get a touch of the ball as it'll most likely be Brown and Bitton as a bank of two. At least with Rogic in there the times we get the ball he'll be able to get on it and get us up the pitch. They're going to have all of the ball regardless but think playing 5 at the back might mean absolutely no relief during the game and just a constant onslaught.

Unless we play a 5-3-2 with Roberts being on the bench and Sinclair playing just off Dembele. Looking forward to seeing how Rodgers approaches this, it's a completely different type of test to what he's experienced so far.

17. Swervedancer Guest

I agree it's a good time to play them as we're buzzing and they might be having a bad week but I don't think it's safe to say they're not what they were. With Neymar, Messi and Suarez up front they are able to destroy any team. Remember they won the CL two seasons ago with basically the same team. They also won La Liga.

I am optimistic about us scoring, I just worry about stopping them so I don't think I can say I'm genuinely hopeful, just dream like hopeful.

Mind you I always remember reading your post before the 2 1 game in 2012 when you said that would be the score and I started to think ffs maybe the impossible is possible? Still to this day don't know how you were that confident, I was totally * myself :smiley-laughing002:

18. Swervedancer Guest

I agree with the Rogic part, he does have the ability to keep hold of the ball as he showed yesterday. We could do with that kind of outlet in midfield to help feed the wingers and full backs.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Brendan approaches this, his philosophy is aggressive football but that's always a danger against Barca. It could though also be their undoing as they're not used to teams doing it. As we have nothing to lose maybe we could play a 4 3 3.

Personally I think 5 at the back makes sense, we are going to be pushed back anyway so it'd be best to have the best defensive structure we can.

Would love it if Brendan did get adventurous though. Just to show some bottle and have a go, like fortune favours the brave.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looking forward to this now. Genuine free game for us, and pretty much any team on the planet who go there..

De Vries

Gamboa
    Lustig
    Toure
    Sviatchenko
    Tierney

Broony
    Bitton
    Rogic

Sinclair
    Dembele

Sinclair sort of the closest support for Dembele. Think we'll go for that kinda formation, and line up won't be far off..

Paddy and Shooders to come off the bench..

I deffo think we'll score out there..

20. s'escocès!

Funny thing is when Barça lose they usually go on to have a horror week losing or drawing 2 or 3 games on The trot.
    Wishful thinking Csc