1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Barcelona away trip

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Pearse, Aug 30, 2012.

Discuss Barcelona away trip in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. budd1888

Got tickets for our end, can't wait to go, would've sat in Barcelona end no worries at all if I never got away end.:celt_2:

2. dervla_bcn

For those of you coming to Barcelona next week for the game thought I'd just suggest a few places for pre-drinking that's sure to have plenty of Celtic shirts floating around. None of them are particularly close to the stadium but you can just hop on a metro there an hour or so before the game!

The George Payne is a good bar for cheap drinks (euro beers) and cheap lunches (buy one get on free).
    Michael Collins Irish pub is also good craic, always full of Celtic fans.
    Ryan's Irish pub has 4 different pubs, for the celtic game they're offering 'true' celtic supporters 1€ beers (San Miguel) in the run up to the match starting at the weekend. On Monday night's they also do any pint for 2.50 if you're there from the previous day.

Roll on next Tuesday :shamrock: HH

3. groid91doire

wat about catalunya square is it ? heard this is were all the hoops were gonna meet up there on the day of the game , hope the weathers good . any1 know how many of us are expected in barca ? i was thinkin around 10-12'000 ?
    anyway roll the f*ck on next tuesday HAIL HAIL:celt_2::celt_2::celt_2:

4. dannymac1888

weathers lookin good guys just seen the five day forecast 23 degrees up til saturday hopefully that will continue into next week. HAIL HAIL!

5. dervla_bcn

Catalunya square is a good meeting point aye. Central and most metro lines lead to it easily. If that's the meeting point then the George Payne bar I mentioned is only a couple of minutes stroll from there. I think a lot of people will head to the Michael Collins pub too though!

The weather has been good this week, rained last week. About 23 degrees at the minute but I think it gives to rain Sat and Sunday hope it gets it all out of it's system before Tuesday but rain, hail or snow it'll be buzzing :celt_2:

6. NA CEILTIGH

Checked few diff weather sites, all giving 22/23 degrees and mostly sunny for next mon,tue and wed, 5% clouds just. I think fans will go to anywer if either club sets up a fanzone, but if not placa catulunya will be the most central place, at the top of las ramblas were most fans tend to stay. Regarding number of fans id say we will have about 7k.

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Sunday cant come quick enough

8. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

rain Sunday, and Monday

I leave my Speedos at home

9. Éiresbhoy

any idea when the team are flying in to barcelona? times and all that?

10. kieran2604

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    aiden mcanespie
    dervla , whats the craic with the stories flying around that if u bought ur tickets directly from the barca web site for the home end that u cannot collect them if u have a uk/irish passport...

11. NA CEILTIGH

I had seen that it says you cant pick tickets up with british passport, but no mention of irish passport. A lot of people in other forums or websites are saying that it should be to pick them up with british passport. Any more word anyone on the proposed strike in barcelona involving buses, train stadium staff etc.

12. kieran2604

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    aiden mcanespie
    fingers crossed m8..

13. CharlieMulgrew21

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chico Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Sunday - 21 oC
    Monday- 22 oC
    Tuesday -24 oC

14. dervla_bcn

Kieran, have heard people saying that you can't collect your tickets with your British passport for the home end but to be honest I don't think there's any truth in it. I know countless people who have done it in the past when EPL teams have played Barca. I've an Irish passport and going to get my tickets tomorrow. Will let you all know how I get on but can't see any problems. As long as you don't go on match day to collect them in your Celtic finery it should be sweet.

In terms of weather the rain is supposed to come during the weekend and clear up again by Monday, looking like between 21-24 degrees.

EDIT: With the metro/bus strikes they're doing it every odd week now. Pain in the * but everything still runs just less frequently. If there is a strike (which I've not heard about yet) then expect to wait 10-20 minutes for metros and they'll be jammed with people so hold tight to your belongings. There was a strike on El Classico day, didn't manage to disrupt anything too badly so we'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  15. kieran2604

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    aiden mcanespie
    Thanks dervla. Let us know how u get on:celt_2:

16. groid91doire

any idea how long from barcelona sants station to carrer d'arrago 312 dervla ? i havent a notion were im going even from the airport. flyin in to reus and hear theres buses flat out should find my way eventually but want to leave plenty of drinky time as i only arrive on the tuesday around 12:30 , cheers :50::celt_2::celt_2::celt_2:

17. Patriots

Lads Im hoping to collect my tickets from Nou Camp on match day and I also did not order them on my own card. I will have the card with me that I ordered them on. I hope to * there is no hassle getting these tickets

18. dervla_bcn

Groid there are buses all the time from Reus yeah you'll reach the city easily enough although it'll take a while, hour and a half I think. Maybe buy some booze in the duty free to drink on the bus :50:

Walking it'd take you about 30-40 minutes from Sants to Carrer d'Aragó so I'd recommend getting the metro from Sants, if you go out of the bus terminal you'll see the entrance to the metro in there. If you take the green metro line (L3) at Sants to Passeig de Gracia station then it'll take 15 minutes and then you'll be like a couple minute's dander to your hotel/hostel. Should arrive in plenty of time to have a good drink and you're also close to all the good pubs & placa Catalunya :celt_2:

Patriots.. You don't need the card you paid with to collect tickets if you get the owner of the card to write and sign a letter saying you're authorised to lift them although it'll be easier if the owner of it doesn't mind giving you it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  19. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    Jeez! 3 Barca threads. Com on mods get this sorted. :bbpd: No Irish, British or Dutch passports when you go to Camp Nou for tickets Bhoys and Ghirls.

20. dervla_bcn

Hi guys, I have just collected my tickets with my Irish passport. No problems. I also asked if collecting with a British passport was allowed, the woman said yes. On the ticket it specifically says for FC Barcelona supporters so don't land for tickets decked out in green and white.

Also, try get there early for ticket collection to avoid queueing, bit of a queue even today so I imagine it could be hectic on Tuesday.