1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Arty/Tattooing Enthusiasts Discuss New Projects

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CELTBOY, Jun 29, 2009.

Discuss Arty/Tattooing Enthusiasts Discuss New Projects in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik/boruc/mcgeady/brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    inter milan/four leaf clover
    Im booked to get next piece of my 'sleeve' this tattoo is on my front lower forearm..iv told me tattooist i will leave it up to her to free hand in the next addition,(which she will be capable of doing) just keeping it in traditional Japanese theme, water flowers bold colors etc...but im thinking of getting a 'hannya' or a dragon ..not sure what to do, im going tomorrow at 3.00pm for it..got any ideas on something that would 'tie' in with this tat?

cb

[​IMG]

this is the hannya>

[​IMG]

well not this one but this is the theme trad Japanese.

2. Batch_CFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not got a clue but its well done, looking good :50:

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah get that, don't get a dragon and coy together. :50:

4. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    well the dragon,if i get it, will be on other side of my arm inside with tail wrapping up around koi..i think..

5. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm looking at getting a sleeve done but don't have a clue what to get so can't help you mate but you could maybe help me. I'm looking at getting like a half sleeve from shoulder to elbow, any idea roughly how much it would cost and do you know any websites to get some ideas from?

6. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    im registered on here>

Tattoos - Tattoo Artists.org

pick a theme like tribal Polynesian/Tattoos etc, which is easy to add to, if you pick a bold statement 1st pic it might be difficult to add to without looking out of place..it all has to flow to work as a sleeve.

also religious tattoos are big at the moment, this is big but you get the idea>

[​IMG]

it will take up to a few years depending on your like for pain, and the speed of recovery also how much ££ you have in the bank..to get a half sleeve done...i take it you are talking about a 360 degree sleeve? as for the price..for a quality tattooist ...id say in the region of £1000.

give me a shout if i can help.

7. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Spot on mate cheers! That's the problem with me i don't have a clue what to go for. I want to make sure that im sure of what i'm getting coz i don't want it to look * in years to come. It would be a 360 degree sleave but i would only want it in black and grey with no colour just shading. Another thing thats holding me back is that i am tall and thin and am wanting to get back into weights and kickboxin. If i get a sleeve then i put on a bit of weight or muscle is it going to muck up the tattoo so in a few years time i'd have to go back and get it re-done?

8. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    na not unless your planning on using steroids..a black and grey half sleeves are nice, but i would say to add sepia into it to lift it, what are you into??..ALWAYS pick a theme that your at least a bit into..are you religious? do you like animals,traditional japanese culture etc...let me know and i'll think about it.

same goes for you malone..spit the likes dislikes out.

9. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That's the hard part, decideing what i'm in to as i've only seen sleeve tattoo's on other people and thought that looks quite smart but you don't get the chance to look at it in detail. I'll have a look at some of the designs on that tattoo website and see if theres something that jumps out at me.

I've found 2 pictures of 2 totally different types of sleeves but i like them both. The more i look at them i'm starting to get drawn to one of them. How do i insert the pictures into a post? I've tried to copy and paste but it isn't working.

10. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:

if on firefox copy the link location and click the postcard icon above enter in the link..job done.

11. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/312/1/a/japanese_dragon_half_sleeve_by_bjsxiii.jpg

http://www.inkworkstattoo.com/albums/phil/DragonSleeve08Resize.sized.jpg

http://sleevetattoos.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sleevetattoos.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a few i found that i quite like. The 3rd one is more of a tribal sleeve whereas the 1st 2 are more of the dragon type style. I like both types but the more i look at the tribal one the more i am getting drawn to it as i could get it on my arm and i have the option to get it extended across my chest and maybe up to the bottom of my neck.

Hope the links work! :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  12. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    mate just deal with the very 1st image/statement you will get...forget about ideas of going across chest...if you get main image correct you can add to it no problems...look into Gothic art..some of it can be added to easy,

what about Japanese traditional stuff>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hanya masks are very big in america and australia at the moment..not everyone's cup of tea..but can take additions of dragons and snakes as well as loads of color,but will also work ok in total b&g

13. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye it's funny you mention the hanya masks as i was looking at them this morning and was trying to find one i liked. Are the japanese style ones not more suited to colour? I think it would definatley be black, white, grey, shading sort of colours i would go for. That hanya mask is quite cool so maybe that kind of mask with the black and grey colours behind it like the pic's below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ye..but you have to realize that A LOT(70%) of any sleeve will be free hand stuff added in..that is why your artist needs to be top notch...they will know what will FLOW and what will not...i think it would work ok with a big dragon/snake running through it..:)

15. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think that would look quite cool. I'll go in and speak to the tattooist and see what he says. When you getting the next bit of your sleeve done??