1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Arthur Labinjo - Hughes Killing

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Jeannie960, Dec 3, 2021.

Discuss Arthur Labinjo - Hughes Killing in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Hindley didn't half try to get out. Evil cow even claimed she'd found * and wanted to work with kids. She nearly got out in 2002 as another lifer took it to court that Home Secretaries and other politicians didn't have the right to extend peoples sentence. Fortunately the * died of pneumonia 10 days before it became law.

Sydneysider and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I can’t watch the videos, I can’t even read the full story. There’s no punishment available to hand anyone capable of harming a defenceless wean as much as these people did.

Even looking at the wee guys face makes me want to greet, it is impossible to imagine how anyone could even contemplate harming never mind killing such a beautiful wee boy.

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. Sydneysider

My experience ( in UK) was the same.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  5. wulliebad

Turned the radio off in the car when they started talking about what they done to that poor wee boy. The only good thing is those two will get sorted in jail and with some luck leave in a * box.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  6. wulliebad

I would break every single bone in their body given half the chance and i am no way a violent person. But people like this trigger the * out of me.

Westlondonscot and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. northeast67

Mu wife started telling me, I can't listen to this stuff the police and social Work should also be done with manslaughter as they new it was going on., so may chances to go in and get the poor boy. Scum of the earth those so called parents don't deserve to have another moment of joy put them to sleep the horrible *

Jeannie960 likes this.
  8. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Brutal.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It triggers that in me too. I'm not violent either and I get disgusted with myself for the way I'm thinking. I know that if I were present in a room when they were being battered senseless I wouldn't raise a word of protest or a hand to help them. Oddly enough that makes me feel bad about me! I couldn't predict how I would react if they killed someone that I loved.

10. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    The girl has been attacked 3 times already and thats only in remand

11. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I would drag both those * to the zoo and throw them into the lion enclosure.

Just enough time to beg for their lives whilst understanding what a true mammal does when it feels its young are in danger.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I can't watch them either the pictures are difficult enough .
    I don't get why people hit let alone batter kids. At that boys age kids are going to be a bit feral, boystrous and what not. Even at 6 the world is new, experiences are new every day, learning new boundaries and how we act in society. The key word is LEARNING. Punishing a kid that way because the world is magical to them and they only see the beauty in it. My 2 year old can get on my * at times, he isn't being bad, he isn't trying to upset me, he's just very active and trying have fun. Anytime I've shouted at him I feel like an absolute *. How people can go beyond that and torture a child and not feel guilty is beyond me. Why do some people have kids?

13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I know that rhe social workers will get a hard time over this and absolutely people should be held accountable.

What I would add though like most things in society now the resources are threadbare, there's probably thousands of at risk cases like this in every local authority and we don't have the structure in place to protect all these poor kids.

I wouldn't blame the people doing the job, I blame the bean counters cutting stuff everywhere in an ever increasing evil world

Sydneysider likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree, hard to believe people once thought hitting children was acceptable.

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    What happened to that wee boy isn't a new phenomenon because things have been happening like that for decades. The only difference is that with changing times and social media we're getting to hear about it now. Child abuse has always been there. Yes resources are tight but they can't always have been. What worries me about people doing this job is that like in a lot of organizations they stick together.

If a nurse makes a mistake in front of other nurses they will sell her down the river without a second thought. The code of conduct states that they must seek to always act in the best interests of the patient to prevent any harm. Therefore every nurse knows that if you make a mistake you fess up from the off and let any necessary investigation take it's course. Whistle blowing really is a thing when you have people's wellbeing in your hands. That is not say you wont have bad apples like Beverley Allit. There's undoubtedly Psychos in every walk of life. But it has always seemed different for other professions. Doctors who have a similar code but will always have each others backs....same with the cops and Social Workers. We live in a highly litigious society where people are seeking monetary compensation for every single thing that goes wrong so it's not surprising that those who make mistakes seek to hide it.

As you say there's a lot of other kids out there being maltreated behind closed doors. In most cases when they do come to light and something does happen we generally find that it is because the people in charge of the case failed them. What we need to do is look at how thoroughly they chase these things down. If someone, as in this case, reports that a child is covered in bruises then there should be a system where a nurse and a social worker goes to the house and examines the child thoroughly. Bruising and change in behaviour are red flags and should be treated as such. Also the people investigating shouldn't get to cosy/friendly with the parent when the child is their main concern. There has to be accountability.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Garrymac1888 likes this.
  16. Woland

That last paragraph hits the nail on the head. Absolutley spot on

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't disagree with any of that Jeannie.

The problem is even when reported the wheels move so slow its often too late.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    You can have a system in place but you need the individuals within that system to do the right thing, to do their job properly, not to be lazy or turn a blind eye, we're talking about a child's life here.

There will no doubt be a token reaction from the Government in an attempt to appease the revulsion and anger felt by the public, but the sad thing is that nothing will really change and it will happen again and again.

Nobody is saying the job of a social worker or the police is an easy one, but the bruises on the child were real, they were visible, social workers actually visited the boy days before he was murdered, it's not good enough.

Jeannie960 and Twisty like this.
  19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Last paragraph is spot on. Heard someone on the radio blaming funds being cut. They were in the boys house fs, there and then just get him out the situation. They must have emergency foster homes willing to take kids in. This has been a failure by people that were supposed to be there to protect him, not by lack of funding.

That's another issue. A massive one. But not accepting that as a cop out here.

The Prof likes this.
  20. Sin

Don't forget the uncle contacted the police and told them that there was something going on, when the police said they couldn't do anything the uncle then said he would do it himself then, the police then told the uncle if he went around to the house he would be arrested as he would be breaking the Corona lockdown rules!!!

Let that sink in....