1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Arsenal head queue for BORUC

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by hoops no7, Jun 9, 2008.

Discuss Arsenal head queue for BORUC in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    In todays Evening Times,

also mentions Frei, Simic and Sunderland making a £7mill pound/ plus Stokes bid for Aidan. Think Keane can go and * himself, cheeky * 7mill and they paid 2mill for Stokes so thats 9mill. Get tae Keane!!

Evening Times: Sport

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Kingforaday

Boruc will leave if we get 9-10 million defo.
    I think McGeady is a bit smarter than Maloney was, i think he will stay for another 2 years unless a crazy money bid comes in like 15 million but i cant see that happening

3. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    really dont like the sound of that, arsenal would be hard for him to turn down

4. Jungle Bhoy

I think Artur will have atleast 1 more season at Celtic.

He has said countless times he wants to stay for now, its just the Scottish media are desperate for him to leave and every week there is apparently an offer on the table, yet nothing offical is ever said. Its all bollox imo.

As for Roy Keane, go * yourself lol.

5. WeHateRangers

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    * Them, We Aint Got No Other Keepers.

6. Pacific Ocean Blue

Roy Keane is a * * nothing more nothing less.. he thinks because he played for celtic a dozen times means he can come and buy our players...

7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    keane gtf with these offers ffs kenwyne jones is worth 15 apparently! fukin twats

8. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    * Keane. Jaaskaleinen turned down Villa today. Was on Sky Sports News. Sound was down, but it was on the banner headline.

9. Dan1888

Hopefully there nothing to this arsenal might tempt him, cant belive roy keane though mcgeady would never go to sunderland.

10. TheGreenGoblin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Artur and Lubo... The Holy Trinity
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    10 million for Boruc is fantastic, lets be honest he was signed for less than a tenth of that figure. As for Aiden i think a bid of the same value would be accepted, 10 million is a fair kop for either...

The Stokes thing will be pish, he has done nothing to justify the 2m Sunderland paid for him he just seemed to be good at Falkirk, why go and take someone who decided he could get it better elsewhere???

11. Jungle Bhoy

Not its not!!!! Craig Gordon went for 9.5m and McGregor has been linked to Spurs for £10, Boruc is twice the keeper than they two are.

Boruc has played at the top level for year, twice in the CL with Celtic, Poland number one at World Cup and at the Euros this summer.

He is a far better keeper than those two I mentioned above so if they are worth £10m to the EPL Boruc is worth double that.

12. TheGreenGoblin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Artur and Lubo... The Holy Trinity
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Years???? He played for Legia Warsaw before us.... not exactly top level is it??? In this climate no1 will pay over 10m for an spl player, as they arent proven at a serious level. Gordon is about 4 years Borucs junior and the price reflects that!

You have to bare in mind * is included in McGregors asking fee!!!!

13. Jungle Bhoy

Hes been at Celtic for 3 years now and been Poland's number one for just as long.

Legia Warsaw is a higher level than Hearts but Sunderland still paid them £9m for Gordon.

Boruc is proven at the top level, world cup, CL, Euros, winning championships with Celtic 3 seasons in a row, thats all top level and again far more than Gordon ever done, yet like I said he went for £9m.

With all the money going around in English football, if they dont want to pay at least £15m for Boruc then they can look else where as he is easily worth that in the English market.

14. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    I personally think Boruc will have a clause in his contract from when he signed his last one, If somone comes in with a 10 mill offer Celtic have to accept it

15. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Boruc wants to play on a bigger stage and goodluck to him he has been great for us and can be replaced . Who can blame keane mcgeadys a great player and the fact he is means other teams will want him sam as with boruc but i agree unoless its daft money then he stays . Players come and go and so long as they have given their all while they are here you cant ask for more

16. MartyC

agreed they better start bidding up if they want him.

17. Jungle Bhoy

Celtic have there is are no clauses in Boruc's contract :50:

18. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    Good 'keepers are hard to come by. Boruc is young for an international first choice. He's excelled at European and national level and could be the difference for a big team in England qualifying for the European football, or languishing midtable. He has the "it" factor that some 'keepers, no matter how good, will never have. If Buffon can move for £33M 7/8 years ago, why shouldn't Boruc be worth half of that (taking into consideration the SPL factor)? I wouldn't swap him for any 'keeper in the world right now. His shot-stopping is second-to-none, his reaction saves are incredible and most of all, you fancy him in 1 on 1 situations. I'd also rather have McGeady playing for us that £10M in the bank. Who could we get for that money who's better (I'll even let you spread the money around a few players)?

19. P-Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Crosas,Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    Aye get tae If spurs are makin a 9 mill bid for McGregor then boruc is worth well more than that. Defo not 7 mill imo.

20. Quigley 13

i think boruc will stay for another year,bt if he was to leave,id rather he went down south rather thn abroad,so we can keep an eye on him more and c how hes gettin on.but 10 mill is far too cheap for him,still got nother 10 years in him at the top level,goodkeepers tend to peak in their 30s...i mean look at var der sar,champs league winner at 37/38 years old