1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Armstrong Okoflex

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 13, 2018.

Discuss Armstrong Okoflex in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Nasser

What * odd noncey thing to say, I mean think about it, what sort of person looks at an 8 year and thinks that. He can take his stupid name and do one.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  2. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Get him released. Absolutely unacceptable

Anyone even attempting to defend this need to get their heads checked and can do one as well.

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Idiot of a boy. We shouldn't allow these young lads anywhere near social media, * attention seeking *!

I recently got Twitter due to the lockdown, I'll be off that soon as its just an anger inducing *. TC will do for me, * social media. What "need" do people have to do these live streams?

For what it's worth, i believe it was an extremely odd thing to say, but I dont think he's a beast..I think a beast would be more covert than that but its creepy and only gives more ammunition for those lining up to take a pop at us.

He has to go I'm afraid.

Rydo1888* and Nasser like this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

What the * is wrong with him? In no way should anything like that be said about an 8 year old never mind a random 8 year old girl on instagram.

Is it a normal thing to say about a kid down South? Surely * not.

5. Bunk Moreland

Right first off people need to need to learn what the word 'peng' applies to. In it's proper sense it means good, high quality it's actually a Jamaican slang word to describe good weed. You can say that shirt is peng to your mate, this curry is peng, went to see Kevin Bridges last night it was peng.

The Sun in all it's bullshit headline quoted him saying "she would look peng when she's older" at no point did Oko-Flex say "look" that was a blatant headline lie to attract attention and something else a bit sinister.

Was it stupid of him? Probably as people up hear don't know what it means, but I'll guarantee the writer of that article didn't have a clue what peng meant and obviously still doesn't when he penned that story and the blatant lie in the headline.

The67Sound likes this.
  6. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    No it's not. It's like saying he thinks he will find her attractive when shes older. That's weird as * no matter what way you spin it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Larsson must need his eyes tested. Big sexy Broony is in his prime now, unless hes gonna age like Clooney.

celtic warrior likes this.
  8. Bunk Moreland

It means neither of them.

Batigol likes this.
  9. Maestro 08

Stupid boy but as usual people going way over the top, the whiter than white, saintly brigade out in force wanting a young guy condemned to the scrap heap. I'm actually more disappointed that there wasn't senior players or management at the club bringing a halt to it way before this. Was always destined to end in tears.

10. Bunk Moreland

Unfortunately there was a different approach to * like that back then, bury heads in the sand and pretend it didn't happen was the norm, there was no social media, no blogs, no platform for the victims to get the truth out I doubt there's a football club including their old youth team affiliates before academies were a thing that doesn't have multiple skeletons in their closets. That's a sad fact. The other fact is senior management or players would know very little about it considering most victims said nothing out of fear for years after it happened.

This Oko-Flex story is flimsy at best though, I've explained the meaning of the word and how The Sun blatantly lied in their headline by saying "look" its horse *, about what's expected from the rag that blamed Liverpool fans for Hillsborough.

seanm likes this.
  11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Club should have instructed ALL staff , not just the young ones, to be careful on social media

In fact, why don't the club 'monopolise' all media content and have it on their channel or create a new outlet for it. Don't they have tactic sessions in closed groups, health & nutrition lectures or talks?

Players would be much better off spending time in Club group chats than doing random stuff with little value. The sports Science staff must have a lot off info they could share and explain to fans ..

June 10 is a long way off and Celtic TV should look at doing something that has some substance to it and i am sure there are plenty of background staff that are now sitting at home that could let fans know more about their contribution behind the scenes. ( Maybe give young content producers a chance to participate)

12. Bunk Moreland

Be careful of what? I agree with 95% of your post but really what? "peng"? Because I'll guarantee nobody knew what it meant until yesterday and even then its 100% wrong . The Sun headline which they even contradict in their own article? Are you believing that? Come on

13. celtic warrior

No defending what he said.

He's looked at an 8 year old girl and effectively said she's probably gonna be hot when she's older. This is the context in which he's used the word peng, it's * obvious.

Anyone trying to defend him by claiming it was in some other context is an idiot.

He has looked at an 8 year old and sexualised her looks already and said what he said to describe her. It's wrong and he should leave the club.

Nasser and ladbroke8 like this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

15. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yes it does mean that but when the context is about a person more so a female it means hot/fit/sexually attractive.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Al Bootyerbaws

Should be instant dismissal in any job for usin * patter like peng anyway.

Twisty, Nasser and ladbroke8 like this.
  17. Bunk Moreland

Do you honestly think he meant it in that context about an 8 year old girl? Really? Even looking at the way he said it doesn't come across that way.

After she told a joke to him he said "that's cute she'll be peng when she's older" as in she'll be good, probably refering to her ability to tell a joke, as in being a funny person. How people have equated this with sexual * is beyond me.

The67Sound and joemc like this.
  18. Bunk Moreland

Do you really think he meant it that way? I mean really?

19. Bunk Moreland

This I'll totally agree with

James likes this.
  20. James Gold Member Gold Member

From the way he said it I think that's exactly what he was referring to "She's one of them ones she'll be peng when she's older" bearing in mind the wee girl and the parent wasn't in the chat at the point he said it so he isn't saying to the mum you have a cute daughter.

At the end of the day the only person who can say for definite is him imo it's a weird creepy thing to say. I don't think there is anything more to it than him just being as thick as pig *

JML67 likes this.