1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ardon Jashari

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Dec 30, 2022.

Discuss Ardon Jashari in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Linked in the Record.

"Ardon Jashari is on the Celtic transfer radar ahead of the January window officially opening, it's been claimed.

Sky Sports Germany report the Switzerland international who played for his country at the World Cup is to leave FC Luzern, where he is captain at just 20. He's played 17 club matches this term and the defensive midfielder is now attracting interest from across Europe. RB Leipzig and Europa League holders Eintracht Frankfurt are among those after him.

But it's also reported that Leeds United, Napoli and the Hoops are all in for Jashari. He will leave the Swiss Super League club but where to at this minute in time is still unclear. Luzern will demand between £5.3 and £6.1 million for his services, even though his contract runs until the summer of 2026. Already ahead of the winter window, manager Ange Postecoglou has already got three players in the door."

Gazzi79 likes this.
  2. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    for 6m apparently.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Really can't see it..

We won't be paying that for a guy who'll be backup to McGregor and we've just signed a player of the year Ange knows well for the same position..

File under pish..

4. PaddyJamieson

Would be surprised after the Iwata signing, especially with Napoli interested.

Don't know much about him to be honest, but must be good given teams interested and being captain/playing for Switzerland at that age.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Agreed. Our name being banded about again to create some interest probably.

McChiellini.. and Gazzi79 like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FC Luzern will lose its captain - only the goal is still unclear.

Ardon Jashari will leave the Swiss Super League and, according to Sky information, is dealing with various offers. The hottest contenders from the Bundesliga are currently RB Leipzig and Eintracht Frankfurt.

Leeds United, SSC Napoli and Celtic Glasgow are also vying for the central midfielder's services. The contract of the 20-year-old Swiss World Cup participant with Lucerne runs until 2026 - the club's transfer fee will settle between six and seven million euros.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I suspect its someone we have had an interest in previously but probably out of our reach now

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Whenever something like that pops up with our name alongside another 3 or 4 teams, it’s always pish.

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I reckon it's more that we scout these players but don't necessarily make a move for them, yet we still get tagged as trying to sign him. There will be hundreds of players on our radar doesn't mean we're trying to sign them.

saltire78 and McGrory1888 like this.
  10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * me, we're getting linked to a new player every hour :ange2:

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  12. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Seriously doubt it. Just signed a CM, maybe 1 more attack minded one. But just dont see us forking out 6mill for a position we have filled

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Reckon he was an option for us to go for but £6M for most likely a back up to McGregor and Europe next season doesn’t seem likely.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seems a good option.

If he's available for a decent price I'd hope we are exploring deals like this. But can't see it.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not Asian. Pass.

16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s more a “defensive” midfielder in the style of Callum McGregor, ie a ball playing deep lying playmaker who can break up play. He’s more than capable of playing as an 8 for us and facilitating our high press.

Not one I see happening though.

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure big Ardon would perform well if we reach a semi with him.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Swiss World Cup starlet Ardon Jashari admits he's heard the speculation linking him to Celticbut insists he is getting on with training with his Swiss club Luzern...unless he's told otherwise.

The Hoops were linked with a £6 million move for Swiss World Cup starlet Ardon Jashari, with Europa League winners Eintracht Frankfurt and Bundesliga high-fliers RB Leipzig also credited with an interest in the 20-year-old.

Howver, Jashari - who was a surprise inclusion in Switzerland's squad for Qatar - insists he is only concentrating on returning to league football with his club, where he was made captain as a teenager.

He said: "Of course, I have read all the stories about my transfers to other clubs and I am aware of all the speculation.

"But I am happy that I am back in training with the club.

"For me, my focus right now is only with Luzern so that I can prepare well for the resumption of the league system. Everything else is out of my control.

"With regards to any possible transfer, the timing and financial aspect of any deal would have to be right for both me and the club."

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has his work cut out for him to land £6m rated Ardon Jashari this month as Celtic have been told Luzern don't want to sell the playmaker in January.

The Hoops are on the lookout for further reinforcements having already added Yuki Kobayashi, Tomoki Iwata and Alistair Johnston to their ranks and 20-year-old Jashari has been linked with a move. He went to the World Cup with Switzerland and is expected to be expensive for whichever club eventually lands him.

He's been linked with a move to Celtic but Luzern sporting director Remo Meyer hopes he will still be their player by the end of the month when the window closes. He said: "I currently don’t think it’s realistic that there will be a transfer with Ardon this winter. On the one hand, we have our clear ideas about the transfer fee. On the other hand, it must also suit the player.”

20. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Clearly using our name to drum up interest. Hes out our price range.