1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever went abroad for dental work?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TimFloyd, Mar 24, 2018.

Discuss Anyone ever went abroad for dental work? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

thinking about getting the old knashers seen to and was considering going over to Budapest for it.

Anyone here done similar?

Know a woman who went and had a full gub of implants for around 5k, my Aunt got the same done here in uk to the tune of 40k+

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Not for dental work.................................................................. hookers aye.

3. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Haven't been to the dentist in... 3-4 years? * me, probably a minefield by now :67:

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  4. leeso-ardoyne

Alo here in the south do it because its extremely expensive for dental work here.

5. Lecs

Aye I would definitely go abroad for something like that. Had work done in Mexico 2 years ago that would've cost a lot more here.

Just make sure you your research beforehand and pick a solid place. You can do most of the * over Skype or whatever anyway these days.

6. Norm Peterson

CalgaryBhoy, mooth like an old, abandoned graveyard.

7. M 67

I was tempted but got it done here instead.

Don’t see the problem - but folk were yelling scare stories that UK dentists won’t touch you if something goes wrong etc. Probs a load of bollocks tbh.

8. Nasser

5k is great price, I would love to do this but I would want to be 100% sure the place was legit abroad.

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Are you in the UK? That’s a fair trek if so, did you got purely for that or Work it into your holiday l?

I could get it done when I’m in Bangkok no bother but would rather get something like that done a bit closer to home.

I could imagine there might be some truth to that but at the end of the day if you turn up to a dentist to pay for Work I can’t see why they would turn you down.

I seen a company in Budapest that actually have an office in Ireland and most of your appointments and follows up take place there if you are uk based.

Obviously the major part takes place over there.

10. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye and that was for a full new set her teeth were completely * before she went.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

£40k to sort her gnashers out? * sake i'd rather have mines all pulled out and fire in a set of falsers ffs!!!

Remember seeing a thing that the aussies travel over to china for their dental work as the price is better.

* knows...

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye thailands full of ausies getting dental work when i was there. I even joined in with a bit of whitening it was so cheap :56:

13. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye from rotting/* teeth from decades of smoking etc to the full shebang Hollywood smile.

Edit: just spoke to my uncle, says it was just under 30k not 40k.

Sure I heard my maw mention 40

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  14. Lecs

Yeah mate, lived in Scotland for 4 years now having lived abroad for 10 before that. That's how I knew about places in Mexico, knew a lot of folk who had dental/cosmetic work for ridiculous prices with good results from reputable doctors/dentists.

Bit of both mate, I lived in Mexico for 5 years and I hadn't been back for.. 7 years or so so I was always wanting to go back.

Managed to work it in to a holiday, had 15 days in Mexico. 10/11 days of fun and then a few days recovery haha, still got bladdered and had a * wild time though! I'm quite lucky though, I have a lot of mates over there so I didn't end up shelling out for hotels and taxis etc.

If you can work it into a holiday then you're laughing. If not then cool either way.

15. Lecs

I worked in a dental lab for 3 years or so, for full upper and lower implants I had heard of patients paying like 60k 50k. Madness! Quite often got actors and that as patients, so it's usually * with fuckloads of cash.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

So basically what you're telling us is that you can do it, mates rates of course?

:92:

Lecs likes this.
  17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye. Went to Turkey. Turned out alright. What’d ye think?

[​IMG]

bagforlife and Overkill187 like this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

The maw in law had them done anaw, few years back right enough - only the top set of teeth, think it was about £20k if memory serves correctly.

think she's still paying them up :56:

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't know about full set's but my pals got some of his done in Goa for dirt cheap..

20. Lecs

Haha teeth whitening maybe, everything else unfortunately the dentists make around 400-500% markup.

The dentist is fitter, the lab manufactures what to fit. The lab charges the dentist a grand, the dentist charges the patient 10 grand. That's no exageration sadly :giggle1: