1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Dec 17, 2012.

Discuss Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Went to Edinburgh Castle couple years ago when I came up for a visit with my hoops on display and had no issues.

2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Went into my local pub after a 3-0 win in the 90's.....bitter Hun ex army got too close....smacked him 3 times before his mates run in to pull him away.

Hence threatening phone calls for a few hours after....his face was a mess but he never bothered me again.

3. TheHappyLoss

Sadly in my younger days when pished I had a habit of approaching groups of huns and singing Celtic songs/ Rebs. Took a few kickings for that :54:

4. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He must have been cashing his giro

Westlondonscot likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    My title would be. How many times have you been attacked for wearing Celtic gear? I’d say it would be at least 7/8 times. Twice on the boat by huns when we were playing at Ibrox. So the boat was majority them and a hun in his 30s knocked me out when I was about 11. It was dodgy travelling over in them days.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I was spat on by two grown men when I was about 12 yrs while making my way to Hampden with my brother on the No 13 bus. My brother got a punch in the jaw for complaining to the conductor by the same two eejits and the only thing the conductor said was that I shouldn't be wearing a Celtic top. I also got a right doing and actually ended up in hospital when I was in my 30's when I was pulled out of a car by a group of huns just outside a pub on Duke Street. The cops had re-directed the traffic due to some trouble further along Duke Street at the Louden. Place was full of cops but it too them ages to actually come to the spot where we had been attacked and sort it out. Surprisingly, no arrests were made even though we could all easily identify two of the culprits as my mate actually knew them.

7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Twice on Duke Street in Dennistoun.

First one was when a group of us walked past the Ally Bar going to a game against the deid club and someone jumped out waving either a razor or a knife?
    Second was the Hugh Dallas game at Celtic Park. We were attacked by huns and Chelsea fans from The Louden.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Never no. I’m Irish. Worst I ever got was a barman calling me a scumbag for wearing my hoops.

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Nope but some random * tried to smack me on holiday in Spain cause I had a barca top on :56:

The_Bhoy and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Got glassed in a bar the day we trashed the Huns 5-0 to win the league.

I'll not be setting foot inside the Louden ever again. Scumbags.

12. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Used to be a ball boy for Celtic in the Tommy Burns days. Had to walk past the Louden Tavern to get to Celtic Park and always wore my celtic scarf. Chased a few times.

The derbies were worse though. I was placed near where the huns would sit in the corner at the time. Spat at and coins thrown my way when getting the ball. Some of it was done by kids younger than myself. * nightmare.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The Lazio fans tried to, in Rome. Other than that just verbal abuse from huns in Scotland.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Never been attacked for wearing Celtic gear, closest I got was after a derby game many moons ago, Sunday game that used to kick off at 6pm or thereabouts. Walking from the Gallowgate to Central Station (Argyle St closed early on a Sunday) and I hear a group of huns walking down Queen St as I’m approaching from Argyle St, saying they are looking for one of us to batter. Thought it sensible to just ditch my scarf in a shop doorway rather than take on a group of them.

They * won the game as well. Still couldn’t just stay in their wee hovels celebrating, had to go out looking for trouble.

Filth.

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Aye ! was at an Ayr v Celtic game at Somerset park in the late 70's , 2 fekkin polis charged into the crowd ( done thing in thae days ) grabbed me , couple of dull yins in the ribs an that was me done . Run down the terracing and slammed intae the wall , huckled over it and dragged round behind the goal then behind the wee radio shed where other Celtic fans were getting kicked * black and blue fae thae bastarts !! till it was my turn ( aw cuffed by now ) woke up in a cell at Ayr polis station late Saturday night , * bank holiday Monday so was into the Tuesday before going to court , lawyer tells me I'm charged with breach of the peace , asks him what actually did I supposedly do , Disnae matter .. guilty plea you'll get a fine , not guilty you'll get remanded to Bar - L ..... not guilty .... £30 fine a * fortune then !! .
    The one and only time I have ever been in bother with the law in my life !! can only assume it was the Celtic scarf I had on as there sure as * were no any Ayr fans up that day .

16. leeso-ardoyne

Serious! Dirty * although ya wouldn't expect anything else from them. Had a few dodgey moments on the boat over when younger with my da but nothing like that. one funny one thou, the old 3 teir boat I was sick over the railings, the wind blew it all over the Huns. All over there face, in there punt glasses etc.. haha. My da though was a different story on his own. They near killed him on way back on there boat and train. From larne to Belfast train they danced all over him and tried to throw him off it. He was in some state after it.

packybhoy likes this.
  17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc

Reckon you would be absolutely fine in Edinburgh tbh, particularly amongst the more touristy areas.

It’s a fairly posh city around the centre of town and football related violence seems to be more common on the west coast.

About 90% of the population seem to be English as well, so probably won’t give a * :giggle1:

18. scootz

Went to my first Cetic-Rangers cup game and ended up on the wrong side of Hampden decked out like a Celtic Xmas tree. Just me pushing against a tidal wave of Huns. Lots of growling, but nothing else.

Had a similar situation at Pittodrie - growling was far worse and some * (deliberately) spat towards me.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Agree that the lad will be fine wearing Celtic gear but let’s not pretend football violence is predominantly a west coast problem. Hearts and Hibs both have scum casuals in their support.

King of Kings likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hold on. You ended up in the hun end at hampden wearing Celtic gear and all you got were some growls? Are you Billy Connolly and did they * in your shoes?

Dalbeth3 and scootz like this.