1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Dec 17, 2012.

Discuss Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Sorry I just can't believe...you can't be a Celtic fan and hate Catholics to that extent.

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Nothing to do with an attack or anything but.......Tonight/this evening, I had my Celtic scarf on coming back to the southiside. And I had no idea that there was a 3rd div match on. So there's me on the 9 down the Paisley Rd, and didn't even notice a hun top. turns out there was a good few. All with their young lads, and not a word of trouble.
    But tbh I was laughing like * once I actually realised. Ended up just having a nit of banter. Was pretty funny.

3. albashamrock

Probably won't count but the window on the supporters bus I was at got hit a couple of times after 2 separate wins at Oldco. Think it was both beachball Sunday games if I remember right.

The same kind of thing has probably happened to a lot of fans though.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Finsbury Park was as staunch a Celtic area in the whole of London bar Kilburn, but I have not visited it for so long I couldnt comment now.

The FP Tavern (now 12 Pins) used to have Celtic games on and a supporters club long before SKY football was even thought of going back to the 80s, mosy of the pubs round there were all Arsenal/Celtic, Dartford and Kent however I can see as being more hun orientated, Chelsea have loads from that way.

In rural Leicestershire about 5 years ago I once got out of my car in my home top and a white van did a u turn came back to me and some hun (was Scottish) started slinging abuse, * *, paedo * and all that, sort of stunned me and by the time I walked up to the van to have a go he sped off, a bit of a strange one!

5. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    Aye mate. It's traditionally an Irish/Greek/Turk area I guess. My neighbour who hasn't been around since the assault is a Loyalist through and through. Also a junkie so clearly messed up.

6. LeetabiX. Guest

Years ago when I was playing football with my cousin 3 big hun * came in with bricks and threatened us. I'm not even bothered now though because the 3 of them are junkie * now so it all worked out well in the end.

7. UncleHo

I was attacked last year in the oil and gas town in Vietnam, called Vung Tau.

I walked into a pub that was full of Rangers fans with a Celtic top on and things progressed downhill from there.

8. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

UYM: Up Yer Maw? *? :confused:

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  10. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    surprised at people from Glasgow and Belfast saying they haven't had much bother. Glenrothes huns must be a lot more violent and bigoted than your average zombie. I've had a couple of kickings when I was at school and had a knife at my throat a couple of years back for being a 'dirty Tadhg *'

11. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    * * mate that's a shocker, I hope you never have to go through that again.

I can honestly say, other than a bit of verbal ping pong, I've never been in a situation where I thought I was going to be physically attacked by a hun(s). I live not too far from Glenrothes and I could have sworn stuff like this didn't happen in Fife - shows how little you know about an area!

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

I am really surprised at all these stories tbh.

Even when I had the not so good time of staying at a holiday camp in Kilmarnock :rolleyes: at one time on the wing out of over 100 "holiday goers" there was about 4 tims including me and all the rest were loyalist loving flute playing sister * hun * and even then not one said anything to our faces.

13. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I've never been attacked but will always remember when I was 12. I had my hair in plaits and was walking the streets in my celtic shirt. It was about 11am, some drunk guy come up and pushed me. Then said "who the * do you think you are Henrik Larsson" while wagging his finger in my face. I didn't know what to do, so just turned round and ran home. :54:

Disgusting that they would do that to a kid!

Slaw likes this.
  14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was in Kilmarnock a few days after we won there the other week and was in the high street and saw some young burds maybe 17 having a go at a young boy with a Celtic top, real dogs abuse, * * etc, I followed them up the road to challenge them then realised "Im in Ayrshire" so would be better served dropping it as I sure any passers by would have sided with those wee *!

15. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Don't know about anyone else here from Glasgow...but id say we outnumber them,especially in the southside, and thats why i'd say there was less trouble here.

I would expect trouble in places like Dumalling,sanqhuar etc (sp) in ayrshire where 9/10 are union jacks waving nutjobs.

16. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Not Celtic gear but me and the gf were walking to get pizza when we were living in sunny Bridgeton it was a quiet street just the two of us and it led to a dead end.

Anyway ordered the pizza and walked to the bank to get the money and she was wearing a lime green hoody that was just thrown on since we were just home from the pub the jumper said something stupid like California sun with palm trees and all that innocence. I wouldn't walk round to the main road over there even on the best of days but it was 1240am ish and the place was dead except this one guy from the north walking on the other side who decided to take offence to this calafornia jumper he started shouting 'whats wi the green jumper' - 'why are you wearing green' etc etc.

She is oblivious to the trouble you get from the scum because shes a Dubliner. Probably best she never spoke it would have probably tipped the guy over the edge. Thankfully nothing happened just kept on walking got our dinner and went home. Was a successful night overall.

17. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    And I've been attacked again. This time in Knightsbridge outside the McDonalds this morning.

Group of blokes were walking up, shouting etc and one of them saw my jacket had the Celtic logo. Lot of verbal abuse and one leaned in to me.

Getting a joke now. More * off that half my food went on the floor though :50:

18. TicFan88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Got shouted at and called a "* *" in Subway a couple years back. Then the guy started laughing and talking to me having good banter. Apparently calling me that was what his Dad would do, and he's not too bothered about Scottish football. Had a good laugh with him after that, pretty weird though!

19. Adam426

FFS you don't get the luck do you.

20. Gavmontic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    HH Bhoys
    So if im walking roond Edinburgh next week doing the tourist thing with my Colours on Whats my chances? Over from NY for a few days. Any info appreiciated Thanks