1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Dec 17, 2012.

Discuss Anyone ever been attacked for wearing Celtic gear in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    Having lived in Belfast and Glasgow I've not had too many skirmishes to write home about for wearing Celtic gear. I've been living in London for a number of years now and have had two encounters with people having a problem with me wearing a shirt.

First time I was at London Bridge with my nephew, I was wearing a jacket with a Celtic logo on it. Two blokes came over and started pushing me and getting in my face making the usual * comments. Obviously I'm just trying to make sure the wee lad is okay and out of the way. He was smart enough to move away a fair distance. Anyway I ended up getting kicked to the ground, and having a bottle smashed just missing my face/neck. They were straight on the train that had just pulled in going to that racist area Dartford. Was one of those moments where when you've got a kid with you all your concerned about is getting them away from harm. Had no way of stopping it without putting the kid at risk so had to take the small beating. What disgusted me more was the fact there was half a dozen people around me who didn't even try to help the kid I was with when I was being done.

Second time was tonight, was walking up the stairs of the building I live in (had a hoops shirt on). The neighbour who is a dirty Loyalist * was coming down with some people. Next thing I'm passing them and I get laid into by three of them. Took me by complete surprise. Not sure what they were doing as I walked away with no injuries but even still it's shocking, not something I would expect in London.

Looking forward to that * arrival back tonight, I've laid out a tricolour on the landing to hopefully goad them back to my door.

Any of yous on here had problems like this? Not something I thought would happen in London...

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

3. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    really surprised by that, whereabouts in London do you live mate?

4. SpellCheck92

We are hated down there. Common knowledge. Go on the English teams forums and they have us down as IRA supporting anti British maniacs. I have never been attacked in Glasgow for wearing the hoops. Grew up in a mixed area got the odd bit of banter but that was it

5. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    Living near Finsbury Park mate.

As said never had any bother anywhere else but London.

6. 703Bhoy

I get verbal attacks from American EPL Fanboys but that is about it.

7. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Surely someone would do something in the middle of London? London Bridge and the areas around it are crawling with police, and you can barely move for people either.

8. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    I'm just like you mate, also live in London not from there though, and to answer your question it's happened in Glasgow a few times but only in places where you'd sort of expect it

9. Kollontai COYBIG Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * sake mate, take care of yourself.

Living in Glasgow I've not had any real hassle. Remember once when I was a wee lad and I had my Celtic trackie top on going to the chippy, the huns game had just finished and a supporters bus was coming down the PR. It stopped at the lights and they seen my Celtic top and they all started hurling abuse, 'ya wee * *', '* taig', etc. All this to an 11/12 year old boy, grown men as well. I * shat it at the time :56:

Now I think about it, I reckon it was a derby game and we won that day. Maybe explains why they were raging so much.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Can't say I have.

11. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    London Bridge one was on a Sunday. The jumped straight on a train to that racist area known as Dartford.

Cameras saw the lot, nothing happened with catching them.

Anyone know if I can request to get the footage if I've reported the incident to the Police. I take it they keep this sort of stuff given it's a train station for a while?

12. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    My sister was attacked while pushing her daughter in her buggy for wearing a Celtic scarf, my other sister had a Hun supporters bus pull up beside her and had cans of * thrown at her and her mate and my dad has been attacked dozens of times in his time as he usually wears Celtic bunnets and jackets.
    Personally never been attacked whilst wearing colours, but had lots of comments from bitter faced Hun *, I usually get in there first :icon_mrgreen:

13. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Dartford has always struck me as being a lovely, clean and quiet place. I have family who moved down there. Surprised at that. I've worn Celtic gear everytime I have visited and have had no problems at all.

14. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Live in England and I've had more positive comments than any bad reaction. Most people down here have any idea or at least don't care about the politics of it all.

15. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    The majority probably is mate. Just from experience of working with people who live in that area have always been anti-Irish, anti-Black and anti-anything-non-English.

16. Bunk Moreland

Had a few verbal run-ins over the years with Hun * but that's about it but it's never got to the point of violence. As soon as they see you're not intimidated by them they usually * off because they're * * :icon_mrgreen:

17. Stobes1888

Was at the pub watching a Celtic game wearing my Celtic top, as I always do, but after the game finished I moved onto the next pub. There was a dance floor there and the place was packed. Some girl came up to me and got in my face calling me a '* *' etc etc and I just laughed at her and told her to * off. Not the type of thing you'd expect in Australia and not necessarily attacked, but was still a shock.

18. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Had the famine song sung at me and couple of bottles tossed at me nearby hampden once...wasn't actually wearing anything Celtic (that could be seen), so it musta been my good looks that gave it away.

19. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I've had a different experience.

It's my Auntie that's moved down there with her husband years ago. His parents stay around the corner; both English. Was staying in theirs a few months back, had a look at the CD rack to find The Dubliners, Wolfetones, Irish Brigade etc. Confronted them about it, even said they met The Dubliners! Have to say, I was shocked. They also couldn't believe I was into that type of music - love folk music in particular.

Also the pubs have been quite friendly places except when you're cheering against England in the Euros!

20. Pinstripe

Live in Arbroath so dont get much hassle but you still get the odd *. About 5yr ago was out after an old firm game, we'd been beaten, walked into pub wi the wife, place was full of huns, luckily I knew most of them so there was the usual * taking but nothing to bad, just banter, except for one * who thought it would be funny to flick spit on my back when I was sitting having a drink. So got up, confronted the *, went outside, decked the *. When I re-entered the the pub I was congratulated by the other huns, according to them he was a bigoted, orange walking * who they couldnt stand either.....still didnt stop them ripping the * about the score for the rest of the night. :shamrock:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.