1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else support Northern Ireland?

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Lord Gaga, Sep 6, 2013.

Discuss Anyone else support Northern Ireland? in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Obviously you don't as I have now twice stated I was wrong on it being a province, unless your eyes are * painted on, and as I have stated numerous times it is officially Northern Ireland whether any of us like it or not.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did he mention specifically 1919-1922, or are you having problems reading posts again.

3. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    "Northern Ireland" is not a province, Ulster is a province.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I know that as I have stated.

5. Minimalist

I compared the two by its ethnic and civic nationalism. Both jurisdictions played out the same political influences and actions to gain political power but on a different continent and please, for my own sanity don't even dispute that because both Irish Republicans and Palestine nationalists share together the same sentiment of struggle because I get the sense you will due to your nonacceptance of myself describing the two places as the equivalent of each other.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ok the Irish free state, you better let every * else know so the can stop calling it the Republic.

7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    What historical illiterates call the twenty-six counties really shouldn't be a concern of mine but seeing as we're still technically in the centenary year of the declaration of the Republic, I do my best to point it out.

8. Minimalist

Neither, from my own knowledge the only 'Republic' of Ireland was in 1919 to 1922 because the legislator had the full access to Ireland. The 'Republic of Ireland' state has only 26 counties of 32. Please, don't even dispute that or even insinuate about reading again.

9. Norm Peterson

Historically speaking, of course there's a similarity. Ironically, though there was a substantial support for Irish nationalists from Zionists in the early days of modern Israel, moreso due to anti British sentiment.

But to claim any Celtic fan that supports Northern Ireland is anything like supporting Israel is way off the mark. In today's world, Israel and Northern Ireland are not similar.

10. Minimalist

Least you agree that there is at least similarity. That doesn't surprise me about the support from Zionists. In fact there are Zionists funding Sinn Fein through philanthropist donations from the United States.

I have stated clearly why its equivalent due to its ethnic and civil nationalism. I don't know how you can think its way off the mark when you're just stating that they aren't similar when you agree with me when I explained why in bold.

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So what is it called as part of the European Union or its seat at the UN, it is known as the Republic of Ireland, you better phone Dublin and inform them that you know better.

12. tollyfarmer

No Celtic fan should support Northern Ireland or play for them, same as asking a Celtic fan do they support Britian.

Minimalist likes this.
  13. Minimalist

:97:

What the * are you on about? The Republic of Ireland doesn't legislate the whole of Ireland, the Irish Republic in 1919-1922 DID.

Honestly, you're either purposely hard to discuss a subject with or you're out for an debate or something.

14. Minimalist

Unfortunately some do.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Im not arguing with you mate over history, I am only pointing out what it is referred to, I know it's a touchy subject for people so I may aswell leave at that, and I already pointed out twice that I was wrong with the province statement as Ulster with 9 counties is the full province.

16. Norm Peterson

Celtic fans, just like any other fans have the right to support whoever or whatever they want.

* fascism.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I am saying it is known as the Republic of Ireland that is all, rightly or wrongly that's what most people refer it as, that's what I'm saying I'm not questioning the historical aspect of it.

18. Minimalist

:97:

What the *. He never advocated the removal of any right, he clearly stated that in his opinion no Celtic fan should support Britain.

19. Minimalist

I never disputed that, must have got caught up in our own perspectives of discussing it. I was referring that it can't be a 'Republic of Ireland' because it doesn't cover Ireland/the 32 counties as a whole. Its a 26 county banana apologist anglicised state where its population has strong sentiment to supporting English Football teams, resentment to United Irishism, Fenianism and the Provisional Movement. In fact its sense of Irishism is the GAA, Hurling and the Rugby, Irish people still talk Irish and names of streets are Irish and events of remembrance of 1916 (while having sensationalist historical revisionism) hence many commonly known refer the apologists as West Brits.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Im not arguing with you on the historical aspect as Ive already stated mate, I agree with you I was only pointing out that whether you or I like it that is what it is referred to, it's the same with the North that being my point that those are its official term though it is Ireland.

Minimalist likes this.