1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Very promising...:57:

2. oh bhoy

Fine performance hope to see a lot more like that from him

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "I was delighted for the likes of @anthonyralston8, scoring his first-ever goal for Celtic. Brilliant, defensively and going forward."

Tommy25 likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ralston Ajer Jozo Tierney

Geez that defence.

5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Excellent performance.

6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Very impressed by him. A goal, an assist and very sound defensively. If he turns into half the player that KT is, we'll have a fantastic player on our hands.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Wouldn't be shocked if Gamboa leaves. I like him but Ralston should be seeing more first team action now. Don't need 3 right backs.

9. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    unless we sign a new left back as back up to Tierney then I doubt we'd let Gamboa go. Ralston is effectively our backup left back now as Rodgers mentioned before.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANTHONY Ralston admitted it was a dream come true to open his account for his boyhood heroes in Wednesday night’s comprehensive 5-0 victory over Kilmarnock. The 18-year-old’s milestone moment came in the 21st minute when he bulleted home a header from Leigh Griffiths’ corner to give a dominant Celtic a two-goal cushion in the League Cup clash.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, the Youth Academy graduate said: “It was a dream come true for me as somone who has grown up supporting Celtic. It was an unbelievable feeling, to score at Celtic Park as well, so I’m very proud and hopefully it sets me up for the season.

“I just got a run on my man. I managed to get across the front of him and make a good connection on it. It was just about the timing and getting it on target as that always gives you a chance of scoring, and the power took it in. I was very pleased.

"I was just in shock when the ball hit the net. I can’t describe how I felt. I didn’t know what to do, but it was great. The attacking side of my game in the final third is something I want to improve on, so I was very pleased.”

It was also a special moment for Ralston’s family who were in attendance in Paradise to see him achieve a lifelong ambition.

“It was my first-ever goal here and it was an indescribable feeling," he said. "I loved it. My whole family were here as they are every time. They are massive Celtic supporters like me, so they were all buzzing like me, if not more!

“My mum and everyone else were up in the Main Stand. I had spotted them before the game, so I gave them a wee wave after the goal and it was nice for them to see it.”

Ralston’s goal capped off an excellent display from the full-back, who was superb defensively and going forward as Brendan Rodgers’ side blew away the Rugby Park side with some scintillating attacking football to book their spot in the League Cup quarter-finals.

Having made his first start for the top team towards the end of last season, this was another important step forward in the young Celt's quest to become an established first-team player in Paradise. But the teenager won’t get carried away, aware that he must continue to work hard at Lennoxtown to maintain his progress.

“As a young player coming into the team, it’s about taking your chances,” he said. “Every chance the gaffer gives me, I need to take it.

“I feel like last night was a great step in the right direction for me. I enjoyed every second of it, playing in front of an amazing bunch of fans, and hopefully I get more of it as the season progresses.

“I felt good on and off the ball. I felt very comfortable going into the back-three in possession and then going back into the four defending. I felt like my overall game is coming on well and I just need to progress as the season goes on.

“Being around the first-team more often changes you as a player, being able to deal with the standard and step-up. I am working hard every day in training to improve myself. I will keep my head down, keep working hard and keep my feet on the ground and see where the season takes me. I am looking forward to the rest of the season and hopefully it’s a good one for me.”

11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I hope to see a lot more of this lad. Looked a class act last night. Pushes Gamboa back to 3rd in line for the RB position if you ask me.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He must've been on cloud nine last night, playing the game and goal over and over in his head..

Feel bad for being a bit of a critique of his technical ability when reading how passionate he seems to be in that article and what we'd all be like ourselves. Forget that he's only 18 for a tank as well and still has 2 year's on KT..

Still a way to go but he's come back this pre season with a bit more swagger..

Officer Doofy likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. shaunm

Hope he gets a run in the side,looks a really good young player.

15. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's built like a tank, hard to believe he's only 18. Composed performance and took his goal well

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JK on @anthonyralston8: "He played like a 25 year-old. He has a very similar character to @kierantierney1, very professional."

JK: "That's a credit to @CelticFCAcademy. You need the swagger, the belief that you are a good player and he showed that."

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Get him playing at least in the cup games. At least.

Him and Ajer have to be the two to break in to the match day squad now.
    Ntcham etc are at a far different level, but these two as the two youths need to break in to the squad. Think they both have a lot to offer the team.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A massive thing that Brendan will love is how good in the air he is.

Not just for set pieces but when we're being pressed he can be an out ball for Gordon.

Norm Peterson likes this.
  19. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Really looking forward to seeing him play again and honestly I jumped the gun and was a doubter of him coming into this season but FairPlay he looked class the last couple games. Can see his confidence growing, only 18 aswell he's a tank

20. Aidan O’Shea

He looks Irish.

Built like a tank and I hope he can draw inspiration from Tierney's meteoric rise. Would be amazing to have them as our starting fullbacks from next season.

Crilly likes this.