1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Neymar was a diving little * long before he signed for Barcelona.

packybhoy, neilly1987 and The Thumb like this.
  2. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Have to agree with that.

3. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    It was won on the pitch..... :fear:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

When asked about Ralston’s performance in the game, the manager added: “Overall, as an 18 year-old, I thought he was excellent.

"In fairness it was a difficult start for him. Just before Neymar scored we had the ball and he was on his way up the pitch, but we concede the ball cheaply and with his pace he breaks away.

"But, overall, I thought he stood up to it, made some great blocks and the overall experience he will get from that will be huge.

“He played his first UEFA Champions League game against one of the best players in the world and I thought he coped very well with it. I was very pleased for him and that will stand him in good stead going forward.”

NomDePlum and FranceCelt like this.
  5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Ralston called him out on being a cheating diving wee rat.....good on him. Neymar is a * of the highest order of the * list and deserves * all respect as he shows none to other fellow pros.

6. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them

You're deluded lad, Ralston got the run about (fair enough) and you're happy that he responded by laughing at the guy who was at the heart of most of their attacks by trying to act hard and talk to his idol rather than actually defend? Only lad that's buying a Brazil jersey with Neymar on the back is Ralston cause he's no getting anywhere near him on and off the pitch. Shouldn't have been put in a situation like that in the first place mind you.

taggart likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Utter bollocks. The young guy done well all things considered. He was well ahead of some of his more experienced team mates.

Neymar has ripped apart far better players than Tony Ralston in the past and will do so again in the future.

8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    What part was bullocks? the part where Ralston got the run around (expected) or the fact he got thrown in the deep end because the board didn't want to spend money on a CB?

9. Murph-E

Neymar was a * after the match, but to say Ralston played well is stretching it. He hardly had a disaster or anything but that wasn't a big performance from him, either.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The board didn't want to spend money on a CB?

You mean apart from when they tried to buy a CB?

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I didn't say he played well (if you were referring to me). I said he done well, all things considered. He is 18 years old and has played a handful of professional games, up against the most expensive player in footballing history.

Taking all that into account then yes, he done well.

Put it this way, a lot of people were fearing the worst when seeing his name on the team sheet yet he was one of the last players I am worried about after last night.

clonbhoy, NomDePlum and Gabriel like this.
  12. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Glad you mentioned it, why were we so focused on only signing the South African? surely a club like Celtic, we can settle for a bit better than aye we tried to sign this South African lad but his leg is * but hey ho we tried. Why didn't we have at least 3-4 players for Brendan to choose from?

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

How do you know we were only focused on one player, because the daily * told you so?

14. Murph-E

But how can you say he done well when we lost 5-0 and he was caught out several times throughout the game, and gave away a lot of fouls? He didn't have some nightmare where he got sent off and gave away penalties & got nutmegged on repeat, but to say he did well after a 5-0 team defeat where he didn't play well individually is stretching it imo.

celticfan01 likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Context.

clonbhoy, StPauli1916 and NomDePlum like this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Brave performance last night and I'm proud of the wee man.
    Neymar is a great player but he is a classless * and his behaviour is laughable so good on him for pointing that out!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. JamesM09

I'm deluded for suggesting Neymar is a * with no class? Because it's well known that he's a * with no class.

But aye, Neymar can dive about as much as he wants and no one can say anything because he's Neymar. Especially the boy that he's diving against. No worries mate. :50:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. doctor venglos

The blame lies elsewhere Murphe. For a young lad he did very well up against Neymar, big future ahead of Ralston. And we Celtic fans like to see our players stand up to utter tossers like Neymar, so he gets many kudos just for that.Look more at Nitcham and Armstrong, they were both No Shows for the blame.

19. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Nah part about Neymar was spot on, we can agree on something

20. Murph-E

I'm not blaming him at all for the loss. By not saying "he was brilliant", I'm not laying into him. I just don't understand saying he did "well" just because he wasn't a walking disaster. We played * largely. PSG are well better. The team didn't do well, we got stuffed 5-0. Ralston didn't have a good performance. These things happen.