1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    And they have bought the french league * get it right

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know they did.

They still beat them 4-0 in the first leg because that's what PSG can do when they are on their game.

3. jamiebhoy67

Not reading the thread too much negativity thought the wee man was ok tonight one bad moment for the first goal but he was pretty good st times couple of shaky moments but on his CL debut against probably the finalists if not winners he wasn't exactly terrible loved his passion and his run to be up against the stars of world football and have the balls to do that and laugh at them brilliant wee man loved the attitude

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Go tae bed Mark Warburton.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No, they won it by being the best team in the league.

6. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Played well, I dont remember too many times when Neymar mugged him off.

He's not the fastest right back to begin with and had no chance for the first when it was played in behind. He was very narrow though and didnt really have an awareness of where neymar was.

Be interesting to see what Rodgers' plan is with him. Chances are Boyata wont be fully match fit for Anderlecht? So we could see Ralston again for that game. Which would be another big game for him.

7. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    You get to bed ya wee *. MARK WARBURTON AFTER THAT RESULT!!!!!!!!!

8. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Unfair to blame him for the first goal. Circumstances aside, Rabiots through ball was excellent, and Neymar just done him for pace.

9. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    And how did they do that??

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Your argument might have a chance of being successful if Monaco hadn't won the league last year.

11. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    * right off

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

By spending money on world class players. The same as all the best teams in the world do.

My point is, they have bought some of the best players in the world to assemble what is verging on a fantasy team.

To say they aren't that good is just flat out wrong. They are incredible.

13. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Just annoyed they are buying success and pumping my club.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye they're a * of a club but they're a * brilliant team.

Rendog likes this.
  15. Momo Sylla

One of the most underrated of his generation. The club's he's spent his career at tell a story.

Fontaine and Minderbinder like this.
  16. Al Bootyerbaws

Well said. Boy is 18 ffs and look at the front 3 he is up against.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://streamable.com/rn8d0

TONY Ralston said last night that he wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that Neymar blanked him when he went to shake his hand at the end of last night's Champions League Group B opener, because he regards the most expensive player in the history of the sport as just another player. The 18-year-old from Lanarkshire, a boyhood Celtic fan, said it was a dream come true to be handed a debut against Paris St Germain's much-vaunted strike force. While the 5-0 defeat was bittersweet, Ralston said that moments of the match would live on, not least a barnstorming second half run which got the crowd off their feet, regardless of the sour end to his evening-long confrontation with the Brazilian superstar.

"It wasn't a big deal," he said of the incident. "I won't' dwell on that too much. If that is the case [that he refused to shake hands] and that is the way he wants to be, then fine. I don't care. Like I said, everybody is different, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

"It was a dream to be out there," he said. "I’ve been a fan all my life and been a ball boy on these kind of nights. It was just incredible to be out there in front of those amazing fans. To experience that at the start was the best feeling in the world. Just hearing the Champions League music and the fans roaring is something I’ll never forget.

"It was a bit surreal. It’s a moment you just need to take in. Moments like that you never forget. They are the reasons you play football for. You always hope to get to this level.

"The manager let me know a week ago that I’d be playing. It allowed me to get it inside my head and prepare right. I didn’t feel fazed by it. This is where I want to play and at this level. I didn’t fear the likes of Neymar. I didn’t dwell on it too much.

"I just knew I had to play my normal game. I prepared for Neymar the way I’d prepare for any normal game. I did exactly the same routine. It’s just another man on the pitch you are playing against. I don’t put him on a pedestal. You just deal with it. These games test you mentally and I felt all the boys bounced back in the second half and we went for it. No heads went down. We dealt with it well in the second half and kept going."

While PSG showed their class to record the biggest ever win on a European night at Celtic Park, Scott Sinclair said he felt Celtic were unrecognisable from their usual selves with the way they started the match.

“It was disappointing," he said. "The way we started the game in that opening 20 minutes wasn’t like us. We were not as aggressive as normal and that was reflective of the game. We were loose on the ball and gave it away too many times. I wouldn’t say we gave them too much respect. But when they were attacking and we were sat in, I thought we could have got at them a bit more. But they are top, world class players. I’m sure they can go all the way and win the competition."

Tommy25, Aidan O’Shea and ynwa1987 like this.
  18. Aidan O’Shea

^ Brilliant comments in that interview. I wasn't convinced he'd be a player for us but I'm starting to turn.

Surprised at some of the comments in here re his performance. Very proud of him.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Hope to see more of him over the rest of the season.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Don't know how you could say he looks bad based on last night's performance. Only goal he was close to at fault for was the 1st and even then that is being very very harsh. Don't really remember Neymar running him ragged like people are saying. Liked that he started to put a bit of fight into it in the second half and he clearly wasn't fazed by the occasion. No player in the world is going to look great against that forward line (nevermind a teenager on his debut) and he wont face a tougher one all season. Think he could be this years Tierney. Would love to have him and Tierney as the starting full backs heading into next season. Sign another CB and that's potentially a very good young defence.

Tommy25 likes this.