1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

I can't critise any player now getting a 4 year deal after we gave McCarthy one and that one was mental with all fitness issues he has .
    But we'll done Ralston and has been good so far this season .

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pair of McQueens on?

Get this * back on site :nonono:

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s been an eventful journey so far for Anthony Ralston at Celtic, one that began as an eight-year-old joining the Youth Academy and which has now seen him sign a new deal that will keep him at the club until the summer of 2025.

He made his first-team debut back in 2016, coming on as a substitute in a game against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park, but this season the 22-year-old has established himself as a key figure in Ange Postecoglou’s squad.

And having signed his new contract, the defender spoke exclusively to Celtic TV about his delight at extending his stay with the club he’s always supported.

“It feels amazing to see that my hard work has paid off to be offered a new deal,” he said. “I’ve been here as a young boy and it’s always been my dream to play for Celtic.

'I was coming to the end of my contract last season and it was down to me to take my opportunity to be able to stay at the club.'

“When you’re not involved for the period that I was last season, it was important that I kept myself right and worked hard away from the pitch.

“When the opportunity came round, I was ready to take it because I put the work in. It wasn’t easy to do, but I’m glad I’m here now and I’m ready to kick on.”

Growing up in a house full of Celtic supporters meant it wasn’t just Ralston’s dream to see him pull on the Hoops, but also that of his family.

Now with a child of his own, the motivation to keep improving is even stronger and he knows the importance that a fan coming through the Youth Academy can have for the younger generations.

'It’s every fan's dream to be in the position that I’m in today and I’m very grateful for it.'

"And it’s important to believe you can one day come through the ranks and play for Celtic.

"The prime examples have been Callum McGregor and James Forrest for what can be achieved through hard work and dedicating yourself and one day it could be you.

“My family, who are here today, have been with me since day one, supporting me through all of the ups and downs of being a footballer.

“My little girl is a massive part of my life and she’s able to be here on a special day as well. What I do now moving forward is for her. It gives you the extra motivation. To have this moment with them is special.”

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I forgot he had a wean..

Did he no have his wean at 16/17 or am I getting him completely mixed up with Calvin Miller?

Well in Tony..

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Think you are thinking of the midfielder who had a spell in the states and at St Mirren. Remember his baby being in the photos when the squad Ralston was in beat Rangers in the Glasgow cup final at Hampden in 2017.

Can't quite remember his name - Stephen Hill maybe?

Edit: Mark Hill was the name I was looking for.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The man that has the stones to drag us to the title. We'll * need him for as much as his body can give.

LectersLuncheon, Dan Breen and Marie like this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Attitude, work ethic, determination, heart, baws.

Whether you like him or not, his contract extension is a deserved reward for what has been an impressive start to the season for him.

It’s been gradual but if you were to tell me this before a baw was kicked this season I would have laughed at you.

HoopyT, eire4, Sean Daleer and 5 others like this.
  8. Forza 67

No questioning the above, has been one of our top performers, no one could have foreseen that at the start of the season, If he can develop the technical side of his game, then we will have a quality player.

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Well deserved and even if Juranovic was to take over as first choice at some point it’s good to have a steady back up here long term.

10. stew37

Nowhere near as over the top as the criticism he's already received from fans at the start of his career.

Seems very level headed. Hopefully he can continue to improve, and inspire the younger players working to come through.

HoopyT and NomDePlum like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well deserved. He’s proven a lot of us wrong.

Dan Breen, Tommy25, bobs1974 and 2 others like this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Well deserved an well done lad..

Dan Breen, Tommy25 and bobs1974 like this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well done Tony, POTY so far for me, Mr Consistency.

15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Delighted for him. Wasn't in the camp that thought he was *. It goes to show what can be achieved when a player has a top attitude and a decent coach with confidence in him. Before Ange his passing was so conservative it was unreal. His confidence is such he will now play not just forward passes but difficult ones. He is so willing to take on a man and hit the byeline it is unreal. His crossing is showing signs of improvement. Still has those Izzaguire moments but all in all he thoroughly deserves his contract and praise imo

16. Mr Hoopy

Got to give the lad credit - takes balls to keep persevering and working your socks off in amongst all the flak he was getting. A number of our players could learn from his attitude...

Well deserved contract :celt_2:

17. AussieGreek

i * love this guy.

NomDePlum and Tommy25 like this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I understand where some people are coming from in regards to the length of our contracts, we used to give 2/3 year contracts but that's quite a few 4+ we've been given (and it looks like it's * us in regards to McCarthy)

but for Ralston, he's earned it imo, we're not going to get a more determined RB if we tried.

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fair play to him. Things weren't exactly looking positive for him prior to this season and he's dug deep and pushed himself on to become a far better, consistent player. Good to see someone like him doing well and being rewarded.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I like him. A lot better player than many people give him credit for (his attitude and effort is commendable, but he has ability, too). In fact, if he keeps on improving, and there’s no reason why he shouldn’t, I anticipate seeing an interest from a few clubs down south for him (not the elite clubs, or a top 6 epl club, but a Southampton or a Norwich, for example). Didn’t realise he was so young, which just reinforces what I’ve said above.