1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

He was our best player today.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh dear looks like someone's getting a bit upset. You really dont react well when people call you out for talking * do you.:56::56:

thailandceltic likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    FFS I was responding specifically to the points you made :39:.

Not sure when he isolated himself or if that happened how it affected the game?

I saw Ralston repeatedly making himself available and at points moving into the middle of midfield when no one else showed at the back. Felt like there was no right side of midfield today and he was compensating for that.

Seriously think he was our best player today by some distance so a bit lost with your points although I do appreciate we lost so there does need to be improvement.

AussieGreek, Liam Scales and cat123 like this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sad little * honestly. Absolute definition of a keyboard warrior.

You’re talking * because you specifically said I called Ralston * and I’ve been waiting to do it.

Which I didn’t or haven’t.

Anyway, your Mum will be shouting you down from the loft for your dinner soon, I’ll let you go.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I don’t even think there needs to be improvements with him specifically. He’s actually done what I’d want him to do today in other games, he’s got it in his locker. He just didn’t do it today and that was an observation. One I made while also praising him.

It’s an observation and I could make one about every player, positive and negative. I came in here and saw people gushing over him again which to me is becoming a bit of a meme. He’s far more now. He’s not just an average player over performing, he’s proven he’s a good player and like I said, he needs to be held to the same high standards.

6. DonnyCelt

This guy just keeps proving me wrong. How badly mismanaged he was under Lennon, the way he stood his ground and knew exactly what the huns players were trying to do is impressive. Didn't commit to needless tackles and didn't allow any of their antics to work..

Top player

AussieGreek and Crilly like this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fair enough. I do think he's been our most consistent player in the squad to date and that other than today the team under Ange has done well so can understand others "gushing" over him. But each to their own.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

But people are ignoring his faults because they think he’s overachieving.

I have higher standards, I guarantee Ange and Ralston do too.

For what it’s worth I don’t blame him for anything today. It was just an observation.

People blindly defending him today. Defensively I can’t fault him, he’s excellent and makes the kind of challenges you want to see in that fixture.

But today offensively a lot of things broke down with him. It’s not like it’s not his job or he can’t do it, because he’s done it all season so far. But he wasn’t good in their half today.”

That was my initial post. Hardly damning.

The Phoenix and NomDePlum like this.
  9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Keyboard warrior? Im not the one calling people '*' from the safety of behind a phone/laptop screen. Keep digging, you're making yourself look more foolish with every post!:56:

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You lied to make yourself look better. You’re a sad wee boy.

11. Maestro 08

Bossed it today. Absolutely love his aggression, proper wants to win and take hun c*nts out in the process. Can see him swearing and raging when he wins tackles etc.

neilly1987 and NomDePlum like this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Agree with @MacEwan23

He was very good defensively. Kept Kent quiet and was aggressive in the challenge. But he was and is stiff on the ball.

Juranovic looks to have a far better touch and control with the ball at his feet. Ralston lacks that agility and nippiness. He’s a unit and won’t get bullied which suits us when we’re defending.

Hopefully we sign a good left back and let them fight it out for the right back slot.

13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He looks uncomfortable in the final third.

That in no way diminishes his defensive performance which was excellent.

If we had a proper full strength starting XI, Ralston would be our back-up RB.

ATM, Taylor is the major problem.

neilly1987 and AdamRS like this.
  14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    In our team it’s more important that he’s sound at the back. We should have plenty of talent offensively to compensate for him not being messi at the other end.

15. Damnati

I'm blaming the whole midfield and the guy directly in front of him. Obviously I can't read your mind and know the exact situation you're thinking of but I'm saying that if he was slow on the ball I could understand because he didn't have any options. I wouldn't say he was noticeably slower on the ball then most other players. Differing opinions.

I think your initial point was that a lot of attacks broke down because of him. That didn't stand out to me. I'm not saying he was fantastic offensively but certainly wouldn't put him down as worse than anybody else today in an attacking sense.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    NomDePlum likes this.
  16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    'make myself look better'? grow up ffs :56:

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd say he was undroppable in current form. He's come through and proven himself in all the games people have claimed Ralston needed to in order to be first choice RB.

Juranovic was good today but don't think that come close to unseating Ralston. Maybe fortunate Taylor is injured to allow Juranovic to make some sort of a claim.

AussieGreek and Maestro 08 like this.
  18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The guy is an absolute warrior and I happily eat every single one of my words. I still think he's a limited player, and I don't think that's unfair, but * me he must have some mentality.

Never shirks a challenge, happy to go in where it hurts and he always makes himself available for the pass.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The irony.

20. wulliebad

Thought he defended well,funny how what used to be one of our weakest link in the team is one of the better players,hope it lasts.