1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mate he would take it outside, turn round and bring it back to you.

Gyp Rosetti, Jeannie960 and NomDePlum like this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’m scared to check tbh :giggle1:

There is a very real chance I have never posted in his thread before such was my complete nothingness for him before this season.

Dev says “hold my beer” :56:

Jeannie960 and James like this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I always said Kelvin Wilson was the biggest U-Turn I had ever seen at Celtic. Horrific first season, outstanding the next.

Ralston now takes the biscuit. I feel like I’ve walked into an alternate reality.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just checked there. 4 pages of posts on Ralston and I’ve actually been really complimentary :39:

I’m a happy clapper though. Stands to reason.

Worst one I could find was against PSG. I said Ralston is getting roasted. *

:56:

Jeannie960 and NomDePlum like this.
  5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Man of the match for me, good luck to the new right back getting a chance cause Ralston aint giving that jersey up easily.

That last ditch sliding tackle to bail out the rest of the defence was class, superb to see him grow so much as a player in a short space of time. Can tell he’s loving it as well.

Jeannie960 and Slaw like this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ralston was never a bad player, just a youth player developed badly and given no opportunity to prove himself. Second rate loans getting in front of player development at its best.

A bandwagon started somewhere and a lot of people got on it and stayed on it for a long time making up * as it rolled along.

Ange hasn't worked any miracles, he's just clearly communicated how he wants the team, and individuals in the team to play. That and giving a player the trust and opportunity to play is what he did, everything after that is down to Ralston and his team mates.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2021
    Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Nah I’m not having that man. Ralston has been rank rotten many times and you’d be hard pushed to find a single Celtic supporter who was happy he had his deal extended by 12 months.

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Can Juranovic play LB? If so I'd be gelling him in there for now, cannot drop Ralston in his current form.

James Mc, Jeannie960 and NomDePlum like this.
  10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    First thing, my response wasnt really directed at you @Slaw. But to respond to what you said:

When was he rank rotten (many times)?

One appearance last season (Livingston) he was one of 2 good players, the other being Soro.

Before that the last meaningful appearance I can remember is the Airdrie cup game where he was MOTM and also injured at the end.

Scored a header in the Kilmarnock 5 - 0 cup game and other than for a Tierney wonder goal would probably have been MOTM.

Other than that I remember a few decent SPL games, some early European qualifiers and some CL games at an early age and because Lustig or others where unavailable sporadically over the last 5 years but no rotten games.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  11. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Think the new RB gonne have a job ousting him from the starting eleven. Hope he keeps this form up!

craigtheceltic likes this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You quoted my post mate haha. Anyway, I don’t know specific games. All I do know is if you asked 100 Celtic fans if we should give Ralston a year extension, at a time when he was the only right back at the club, 99 probably would have said “should we *”. This is a guy who couldn’t nail down a place at Dundee United or St Johnstone. He also had one or two rotten games at the start of this season.

NomDePlum likes this.
  13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I did quote your post, but it was an opportunity to address what I think as a general misconception as opposed to specifically saying you are wrong, was what I was trying to say.

Ralston played every game in his spell at Dundee Utd. and almost every game at St Johnstone, only being dropped when they played a back 3, or Celtic. Which wasn't often. I've got relatives that support both, and went to, and talked to them about some games he played in because of that, so know that what is often said by Celtic fans about those loan spells is just absolute pish. Again not directly aimed at you, more the general bandwagoning that has went on.

What bad games at the start of the season?

Slaw likes this.
  14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Scenes when he signs a pre contract with Arsenal in January.

In all seriousness, massive respect to him and credit to the manager as well for the obvious improvement. Definitely time to consider a new deal.

15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If I was him I think I'd be keeping my options open with a new "first choice" RB coming into the club.

Sounds like Celtic have already been paying him less than before so will be interesting to see if he stays after next year given that.

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's shown it all season...I could never understand the lynch mob on here regarding him.... always seemed a steady player.... with nothing that stood out in a way that would catch the eye.

Maybe it just needed the right person to coax that out... looks like it

17. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

That burst of pace at around 93 minutes was ridiculous from a rb. Some engine, starting to love the guy!

CookieMonster and James Mc like this.
  18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    :rofl:
    Well I wasn't wrong was I? I often see things that you lot don't :56:

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Don't forget Ange himself was a defender and I think his coaching has been far superior in comparison to what we had before.

20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    awe poor wee guy will come good :56:He's not Ralston but he definitely shows something now and again. Maybe Ange will work his magic to improve his performance and consistency :50: