1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

another attack on Lennon

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dubsbhoy, Jan 26, 2005.

Discuss another attack on Lennon in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

2. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i wouldn't expect anything else from these types of people. The city centre is turning into a no go area at night as soon as pubs empty, loads of neds and *

3. CiaranM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    first I'd heard of this, wasn't widely reported in the media ........ but sure its only Neil Lennon ........... fcukin cnuts.

I read somewhere that he is taking a 35% pay cut to stay ....... Legend

4. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    aye tabloids ignore these stories about lennon. Another thing is his wage the newspapers make a lot of fuss about this fur * sake hes a millionaire and should take a wage cut hes 33, i would play for nothing. Celtic might be in his heart but hes not daft and will still be on a decent wage.

5. BB Banned!

Dunno why he puts up with the crap tho...
    He could get more money elsewhere with none of the hassle....

Fair play to the bloke for sticking it out...

HAIL HAIL NEIL LENNON

6. CiaranM

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    agree Bath Boy,
    duffy, would you take 2 pay cuts in 4 years to stay in the same job and endure the abuse Lennon gets. Most of us would play for nothing for th Hoops

7. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Neil Lennon was on higher wages at Leicester yeah but most average premiership players are on at least 25k, he took his first wage cut to come to the club he supported as a kid fair enough, and got about 30k a week then he gets asked to take another which i think is fare as he is getting on in age, he has agreed to this. He gets abuse simply as he is catholic from n.ireland.

I would certainly not like to get 2 pay cuts in 4 years, but i doubt i would be earning that kind of cash every week and i probably would not be getting the abuse as i'm not from the kind of background hes from and he draws al ot of attention to himself by his type of play

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

if he goes he'll be leaving glasgow and not celtic, anyone else you'd of packed up and fecked off but then the bigots are winning.

again i take my hat off to GRAHAM SPIERS seems to be the only hun interested in the truth.

9. that's brilliant, do you have a link to this?

10. he's not a hun!

he's just a football fan who is a bit more leant towards our side!

11. lard44

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Crossmaglen
    Spiers is one of the better journos out there I grant you...* joke what he puts up with to play in the Hoops...and McGeady's beginning to get it as well...

12. Mark

Spiers isn't a fan of either of the Old Firm. He just recognises that Rangers fans are a lot worse.

13. HH

Speirs in a Graduate trying to compete with the tabloid * fodder of Glasgow. He has no chance.

14. Lennon's lass

Fav Celtic Player:
    *~Neil Lennon~*
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, You'll never walk alone, & coming home!
    As Bath boy says Hail Hail Neil Lennon, hes the best a we wouldnt change him. v sad if he goes hes my fav bhoy.

15. rambeler

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon,mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the boys of the old brigade
    thats all bullshit bet he will stay,hes celtic through and through,i say he will play 4 us till he hangs up his boots :ynwacelti :celt_2:

16. SCVaughan

don't know how this sectarian business is covered in UK, but what really ticks me off is line of 'well, both sides are equally at fault.' keep telling folks here that is crap. even Jim Traynor says the 'problem' lies more with ranger fans. i think that's putting it too mildly, but is better than other stuff you hear. if you hear news of OF player being personally attacked, you know it's hun fans. sorry to be tad wordy, but this * really annoys me! :47:

17. BhoysMad

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's easily explained: he's Celtic daft like the rest of us! Look at Martin, too: the Daily Ranger keeps saying he is going to leave, yet he is still our coach and the reason is simple - both Neil and Martin are Celtic supporters through and through, grew up supporting the team and love being at the club and all those bigotted morons can just stick it! :ynwacelti

Mark

18. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Hail! Hail! To that! :ynwacelti

19. yep, these are the guys who deserve to be with celtic, not just people there for the money. players like sutton, hartson, thompson, petrov etc. who love playing with celtic and would only leave if they badly needed to!

20. IrishStan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields of Anthenry
    I hope you're right. I'm sure Lennon is used to this * after all these years, but it's got to get old putting up with these fecking *. I believe as MON goes, so does Lennon. I think if MON assures him he's staying then so will Lennon.