1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Made us an absolute joy to behold. Every weekend we seem stronger and better. Such an exciting time for us all at the minute.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He appreciated the support more than ever today. Milked it a bit more and even turned round before he went up the tunnel.

Fantastic away support and that just shows that the players and management appreciate it.

5. davidhannah

The football on display is the best I've ever seen it. Better than Rodgers first season. The goals have been amazing in 3 games so far.

Overhead kicks. 30 yard strikes. Team goals. Clean sheets.

It doesn't matter if its a plastic pitch. Ange has only read one part of the library. Attacking football in its most beautiful form. What a start to the season. Rangers score 4. Celtic raise you 5.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Thought Ange showed a nice bit of pragmatism today given the state of the pitch. We still put some nice passages of play together but could tell the team were asked to go more direct, and even long when they could.

Taylor1 and Doogs. like this.
  8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Right up there with my favourite humans to ever walk this planet. Didn’t even know who the man was 2 year ago, barring hearing his name a couple of times:giggle1:

Mental how life works.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Absolute nutter wearing a shirt and tie in that heat. Could drown in those pits.

Avatar Daizen and Doogs. like this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

He’s a Greek/Australian mate, you think he was brought up in a * igloo?

:56::56:

11. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree.
    I think Ange picked a team with the condition of the plastic pitch and the high temperatures in mind.
    Kyogo and Maeda got the nod again, so they would run the Killie backline ragged with their pace and movement in the searing heat.
    It worked a treat.
    Ange knows best.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aussies coming

OziBeerMan and AussieGreek like this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    One for my bucket list.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Means he's away imo..

Slaw and Avatar Daizen like this.
  15. AussieGreek

You don't know what you've just instigated...

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

Bring it on, whatever the * your quest is?

AussieGreek likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou hailed Carl Starfelt’s scruffy comeback strike as the ugliest yet most-significant of Celtic’s Rugby Park romp.

The Swedish defender celebrated his long-awaited return from a two-month injury lay-off to score his first-ever club goal as the champions ran riot in Ayrshire. Starfelt missed a chunk of pre-season having sustained a serious hamstring issue on international duty in June.

However, on his first appearance in over two months, the 27-year-old enjoyed a moment to cherish as he stabbed home the fourth in a 5-0 win after replacing Moritz Jenz in the second period. Postecoglou was able to savour a slick move which led to Kyogo Furuhashi’s opener. He was able to applaud the brilliance of Jota’s magnificent long-range effort for the second.

Jenz took acclaim for one overhead kick before his knock at the third and Giorgos Giakoumakis produced an even better one in the closing stages to seal the deal with a spectacular fifth. But Postecoglou reckons it was Starfelt’s scrappy goal at the second attempt at the far post from a Matt O’Riley set-piece which held his most sway on his day.

He said: “I am really pleased for him to get a goal he has been trying really hard. It was probably the ugliest of the five, but probably the most significant! Carl has worked really hard in rehab. He was really frustrated after such a strong season for us last year and then he went away on international duty and got injured and missed pretty much all of the pre-season for us.

“He has worked really hard to get himself back to a position where he is available again. Credit to him, he is a really good pro. He comes in every day and works really hard in training and he’s a really strong team-mate.”

Postecoglou had every reason to be purring at the performance of his team as they smashed their newly-promoted hosts. Celtic had separate scorers for the third successive Premiership game as they put five on the board against Derek McInnes’ team to return to the top of the table. It was a display of clinical finishing and Postecoglou is delighted by the spread of goals.

He said: “We want to have multiple threats, it’s not about one person being the focal point of our scoring opportunities and avenues. We are getting centre backs chipping in which is also good. We just want to be a team that can hurt teams in many different ways. I thought the quality of our goals were excellent and the quality of our general play attacking-wise was good.”

Postecoglou’s troops again showed their talents across the park with a host of top-class performers. As well as the starters, there were more big contributions from subs such as Giakoumakis, Starfelt and Liel Abada.

The boss said: “I think it is important. Not just for these games, but I think going forward. At the moment, we have this luxury of a game a week and we are trying to compensate for that by working really hard in training and credit to the players, the training levels are really high.

“So the guys who come on they don’t look like they haven’t been playing. They are in a group straight away and make an impact which is great. Look, they all want to play at the moment, they are all itching to start games and their training merits them starting, but I am kind of holding back the tide at the moment because I know once the games start they will all get an opportunity, they will all play. What’s important for us is that when they do get that opportunity they can contribute.”

Asked if everyone accepts that situation, Postecoglou continued: “Well, yes, they haven’t got much choice to be fair! It is the way it is. To me, behaviours speak more loudly than any kinds of words. I see how they are in training every day. And if someone can come into training and show me who the guys who are starting are and the ones who aren't then they are a better judge than me because everyone is at it every day and that helps us and will help us moving forward.”

Postecoglou was able to enjoy the day and also in a position to confirm that the injury sustained by Jenz which led to Starfelt’s appearance does not appear of long-term concern. He said: “I think he is okay. I’m not sure what the issue was. He was feeling something, but we had a look after the game and he seemed okay. It doesn’t seem like anything serious.”

Celtic’s away support was jubilant at full-time and the players and manager celebrated with them in trademark fashion after the full-time whistle. Postecoglou savoured the moment and said: “It was good. It looks like they have enjoyed themselves even prior to the game, and rightly so!

“It’s always good because this is a game where it can turn into a bit of an ugly game, you win it and it’s not memorable in any way. But we don’t want to miss opportunities to give our fans some special moments and this was one of those days. Some of our goals really pleased our fans and, for us, it’s a really important message in terms of us sticking to our football.”

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Superb :56::giggle1:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Ghost_Jiggle and AussieGreek like this.