1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

You're right, but I think Beaton would have taken any opportunity to send GG off.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed. The squad is there to be used, and that includes picking the right kind of player for the task. However, finding a technically capable bruiser is hard. Very hard, because the kind of young player who is identified to be a good candidate for a destroyer role usually gets told to focus on it.

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The treble subs worry me with so much time to go. I think they are fine if we are cruising 3-0 etc. Sounds strange but I just don’t like them they give it the ‘friendly’ game vibe and seem more disruptive. Always thought it in pre season games when you change a bunch of players the team just lose rhythm.

5 sub rule needs scrapped. Football was fine without it. Never before would you make a treble sub with half an hour to go in a derby game for example. SF a few weeks ago we were allowed about 6 not sure anyone knew where they were playing in ET.

4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    He needs to insist his players shoot low. How many times this year have we had balls shot over the bar rather than put low into a net corner ? Kyogo and Maeda missed sitters today.

We could easily have scored 4 goals today.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Considering where he came from, the mess he inherited and the injuries we had at the start of his tenure. The job he has done has been absolutely fantastic.

Feels like he's only about half way through building his own squad as well. Can see us being even more exciting to watch next season than we have seen at times already.

Made mistakes at times but, hopefully, he learns from them going forward.

Wee Baldy, mayo and martin_d like this.
  6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Must be backed in the Summer. He's got some niggles to work out but he's nearly there.

Wee Baldy and martin_d like this.
  7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    True. Tbh I can’t actually believe, after the Cup game, that he didn’t start GG. Was screamingly obvious that his was the sort of forward play that we needed against them.

8. green-yin

My manager:ange2:
    Agg score over 5 games 7-5. Midfield enforcer needed for games against these hammer thrower * and in europe. Excited to see how the squad evolves in the next window. Champy * onees:36:

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

5 subs, absolutely benefits us the most..

craigtheceltic and Valhalla like this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I have no issues with the 3 subs until he gets it wrong like he did today brining on Bitton.

5 gives players more game time for me and is a step forward regarding injuries etc plus gives younger players a chance.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Will benefit us and them over the rest of the league. But when it’s tight I don’t like it I find it quite disruptive to our play. Not easy coming on as a sub especially in big games played at a high tempo. I think 3 is just too many at the one time.

13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree it helps with injury’s it’s good taking key players off when cruising. Just thought we were fine without it for long enough. Just not a fan of making so many subs in tight/pressure games. Wouldn’t be against scrapping the 5 sub rule if it’s up for debate again in the summer.

14. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    The more I think about it, the more I think that this (likely) league victory is a real testament to Ange's system. I can see why he doesn't change much. Obviously there are several factors and the players deserve credit too, but a big part of this season's success has been just how dominant the system allows us to be against the vast majority of teams, where for the most part, they struggle to even muster a shot against us.

I hate to say it, but Rangers are a decent side, which they've shown in Europe and recently against us, but over the course of a season, all the stats being in our favour don't lie, and that's largely down to what Ange has implemented.

The next step in our evolution is being able to impose our game on teams like Rangers and Bodo, which we haven't quite managed to do yet. A preseason of work and a few key signings should hopefully see us take significant steps forward.

truedub1916 and cfcturbo like this.
  15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I just want his hand on my shoulder

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If you look at where we were this time a year ago, trailing the huns by 20 odd points in the League, in a real mess, compare that to where we are now, looking at a League and cup double.

Consistency in the League has earned us this position, not bad for a transitional season, this is still a work in progress, it hasn't been perfect, but Ange has delivered success along the way, that's pretty impressive.

With automatic entry to the CL this was always a big season in terms of revenue, gives us something to build upon, for some managers it takes a few years to get it right, shows how spolied we have been (as supporters) over recent years , when we look upon a double as a slight disappointment lol.

Celtic League Champions ............2021/2022 :shamrock: :ange:

Montero, Skelleto and Wllm like this.
  17. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I think as much as technical ability, he values bravery in that position - somebody willing to show for the ball under pressure, as it's crucial to our build up play. I suspect that's why we've seen so little of McCarthy, who literally hides from the ball at times.

I'd like to see a DM brought in with some physicality as well, but it's only ever going to be someone with the ability/willingness to receive the ball and play.

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think Ange has got his subs wrong several times and if he used it properly we would have won the day.

Using the 5 gives other players rests and I hope it stays, just want us to use it a bit better.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Once the league is secure, we need to get him on a new contract straight away.

There will be a lot of interest in him, wouldn't shock me if Everton go for him to replace Lampard, provided they stay up.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member