1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MAP

You are right. Sack him, bring him back when we have a squad capable of playing his style. Have you got time to look after the team on an interim basis in the meantime?

BigManSmalls likes this.
  2. scootz

Does it have to involve throwing teddies out of a pram... or spitting the dummy? Can he not just roll back a little on his tactics... or can he only set up a team 1 way (in which case we're *!).

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Demanding the manager change his tactical approach while we're on a 9 game winning run is very disagreeable tbh.

4. scootz

Fair enough. I just don't see it as sustainable. I hope to be proven wrong.

:50:

5. Sgt Neppers*

Big Ange to the point.....:56:

NomDePlum, Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a * response that was by the way :giggle1:

NomDePlum and Liam Scales like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FCeltic boss Ange Postecoglou has dismissed Robbie Neilson's complaint that Bobby Madden decided the outcome of their match.

Kyogo Furuhashi scored the only goal of the game but Neilson was raging as he felt the Japanese striker was offside, with TV pictures appearing to confirm that.

The Hearts boss insisted that it had cost them the game but Postecoglou believes his players dominated the game and deserved the win at Celtic Park.

Celtic did have further big chances from James Forrest in particular while Barrie McKay also went close for Hearts and Postecoglou doesn't think it's a fair analysis to suggest they only won because of the referee.

He began to answer strongly on the question before seemingly deciding not to go right into things as he tailed off during his answer and simply said it was up to Neilson if that's what he thought

He started: "It’s a goal mate. It’s a weekly..." before taling off and adding: "Anyway I’ll let it go.

"I’ll let our performances speak for itself. If people think the referee decided this game well, that’s their analysis."

Postecoglou was happy with his side's overall performance as they cut the gap on Rangers at the top of the league to four points.

But he wants his side to be more ruthless after managing just one goal from their 25 shots in the game, and just five on target.

He added: "I’m pleased. I thought we started the game really well and we dominated the game and played on our terms

"We lacked a bit of ruthless edge, we needed that second goal and we had chances.

"I thought we were resilient, I don’t think Joe had any outstanding save to make.

"I’m pleased with the win and the performance."

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  9. Onefootwonder

He really is class in front of a camera.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Lewis Kerr

Have I time travelled back to September or something? Ffs.

BigManSmalls, Wllm and NomDePlum like this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :56:

:ange:

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Seemingly Stephen McGowan hinting ange holding off the director football appointment because he wants to be in control of a few transfers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    They're going to have to start putting words in his mouth to get anything from him.:56:

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.celticnewsnow.com/news/...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TwitterFeed

If we’ve seen anything from Ange Postecoglou, it’s he can pull a rabbit from a hat.

“Nobody saw Kyogo Furuhashi coming in. Nobody had heard of Reo Hatate who looks like he’s going to be first signing in January.”

When pressed by host, Gordon Duncan, if he thought that transfer is going to go through, the journalist said, “I do. I really do. I think there’s gonna be a couple of players coming in from Japan in January.

“And you know he knows markets that we don’t know. He may have some ideas. He doesn’t seem to be, I don’t know this for a fact, he doesn’t seem to be encouraging an idea of a Director of Football.

“Still haven’t a pointed a Head of Recruitment, and I’m sure that will come.

“But it looks to all intents and purposes at the minute is that the transfers are on Ange Postecoglou and if that is the case, who knows what he’s got up his sleeve.”

17. Onefootwonder

I love the way he doesn't take their * or fall for leading questions. With a very sensible response the journalists are left flapping. Their awkwardness and inability to comeback with anything when he catches them out is brilliant.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. Heb Celt

You could tell he was holding back in his SKY interview and not happy about Neilsons allegations of the ref winning the game for us.He dealt with it superbly.Neilsons original rant was about him thinking GMS was taken down in our box and once he found out he had tripped over his own feet he turned his rage towards the goal which he had no issue with beforehand.Strange fellow.

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I got the impression he was more annoyed at almost being sucked into even considering getting involved in that sort of question than Neilsons comments.

He appears to have a real policy of only answering in a positive way regardless of circumstances/others.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I do agree that we are a 3 or 4 quality players short of making the style fully tick but need to remember Ange is trying to lay the foundations so he can build on top of it.

scootz and craigtheceltic like this.