1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They really ask the dumbest questions at these conferences

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'm actually interested in what he says, he's the kind of guy that talks and you listen. But recently I've had to stop watching the pressers due to this, the questions asked are * reeking. They may as well ask what bubblebath Abada likes or where does Jota get his streaks done ...... irritates the * out of me lol

MagicBallBhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Crucial game tonight especially if they drop points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Fair * to the great tarrier chief I couldn't see us taking 9 points from Pittodrie, Fir Park and Easter Rd.

:ange:

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    3 away wins on the spin, 5 wins from 5 games this month so far, 11 goals scored, 2 conceded.

Closed to within a win at the top of the table.

Been one * of a month for Angeball!

8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think there's zero chance we drop points against Livingston/Dundee United if we had everyone fit. I was questioning him after that run of bad results but to get 9 points from away games at Fir Park, Pittodrie and Easter Road is absolutely incredible.

Beat Livingston this weekend, huns drop points at Fir Park (almost a given with their form) and big Ange has us back where we belong.

9. Dubliner1

He has led us to our first victory at Easter Rd in years. Well done mate

10. JamesM09

First time I've really thought his game management was superb tonight.

Got the team absolutely right at the start. In the second half our lack of midfield options really showed, but he done well to break the game up with his subs and secure the points.

He simply needs backed now in the transfer window. A marquee midfielder has to be top of the list and probably a box-to-box or anchorman in there too.

He's working miracles with what he has right now. He needs to keep these players fit though or we'll be back to struggling. Absolute bare minimum as it is.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    :ange2:

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    CM, LB and LW and we win the league at a canter.

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

What an October. Well in big man. Couldn't ask for more. Love it. :ange2:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. mayo

Was really starting to doubt him during that game against Aberdeen away. Thank * I’m an idiot. Love you Ange x

OziBeerMan likes this.
  15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I like Ange when he looks like an Eskimo/hermit type person.

* bless him x

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Credit where it's due he has turned around our form and we're now looking more dangerous going forward, more solid at the back but most pleasingly more assured during ebbs and flows of the game.

I feel like he's introduced a little more pragmatism now and there's less of the 'We attack you, you attack us' feel to the games.

He knew Hibs were going to come at us for the first 15 mins of the 2nd half and we sat back a little deeper to counter them as a result. Bar a few hairy defensive moments where individual errors were made we weathered it much better than we were doing previously.

Got to keep the momentum going but it looks like the squad are fully understanding the tactics required.

17. Lewis Kerr

Proving the doubters wrong so far. He'll deliver the league to us.

OziBeerMan and Rydo1888* like this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No interview after the game?

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has warned Celtic are just getting started as they moved to within two points of Rangers at the top.

Goals from Anthony Ralston, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Kyogo Furuhashi secured a 3-1 win over Hibs at Easter Road.

Martin Boyle replied for Jack Ross’ side as they slumped to a fourth defeat in a row.

But for boss Postecoglou it was further confirmation his men are on the right track following a positive return from the international break.

He said: “I thought the first half was outstanding, the best football we’ve played all year.

“Away from home, against a good team, it was an outstanding effort.

“We had to defend in the second half and cope with that. But I felt we handled it very well.

“We knew it was going to be a challenge for us. We saw signs of the team we want to be.

‘We need to keep focusing on getting better. We’re a lot more settled and we’re getting more options within the starting eleven. That has helped.

“That’s the key for us, to keep improving. Tonight was a good performance but we know we can get better.

“I felt that after the international break it was a kind of beginning for us.

“Before that we had been trying to grind our way through a series of games.

“After the international break I felt we could really start now, building the team we want.

“We’re still improving. We’re still very much embryonic in terms of the players understanding what they have to do. “But we’re getting there.

“There has to be more to come - otherwise I’m not doing my job.”

Postecoglou’s Hoops were 3-0 up inside half an hour after a whirlwind start at Easter Road.

Ralston’s diving header put them ahead after just ten minutes in the Capital.

Carter-Vickers added a second four minutes later as he turned home David Turnbull’s corner.

And Furuhashi made it three after superb play from Tom Rogic and Jota.

Boyle’s header, however, gave Hibs hope before the break and Rogic went off injured.

And Joe Hart made a crucial second half stop from Jamie Murphy to keep his side’s lead intact.

Postecoglou added: “Joe is very experienced and in the last few games he’s not had a lot to do from a goalkeeping perspective, although he’s contributed to build-up play.

“He made a couple of good saves tonight and that was important. We needed him to make a couple of big saves.

‘We could also have scored more, we had good chances when we could have been more ruthless in the box.

‘You are not going to score every chance you create. But on the chances we created in the first half, they were quality openings.”

The news that Rangers had dropped points at home to Aberdeen only added to the celebrations at full-time.

But Postecoglou insisted he had not paid too much attention to events at Ibrox.

He said: ‘We’re happy because it’s a difficult place to come and get a good result.

‘It’s always great to send our fans home on a long drive back feeling happy.

“They made the effort to support us in numbers and we wanted to repay that by acknowledging that at the end.”

Postecoglou, though, admitted the injury to Aussie star Rogic was a concern.

He said: ‘Tom did feel something in his hamstring. It’s wait and see. We’ll just assess it.

‘He was outstanding in the first half. His ability to find space is second to none.

‘We had three quick boys up front , technically good, and he was key to getting the best out of them.

“He’s played a lot for us but hopefully he’s OK. I’m not that good, I’m not really sure, he said it didn’t feel too bad.”

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still only October as well. Basically still just in the door.