1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Not bullshit at all. People can have concerns, they do not declare the league is over during an international break when we just won a tough away game, while they are very noticeably struggling game to game, and now have the uncertainty of the manager possibly leaving. All with no explanation other than to get it up your rivals. So aye, your posting in the wrong forum.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Every real fan is concerned about the backing Ange gets from the board. And more specifically what replacement they would bring in if he did go.

We will only know if Ange's reign will be successful when he has a run of games with an adequate squad of fit players, which he won't have till January at the earliest. Sacking him now is literally the WORST possible option :giggle1:

3. JamesM09

I don't even want Desmond to put money in. I would say very few fans actually want that. I just want him to * off. He doesn't have what it takes to take this club forward. He's holding us back.

Money isn't our problem, club management is.

If Lawwell's over-extended tenure then then Dom McKay's appointment wasn't evidence enough then I don't know what is.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Anyone else think that the Aussie rugby dudes "appraisal" of the board is direct from the horse's mouth... Ie. Ange?

Wee Baldy and NomDePlum like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

you got a link mate ?

6. Mo-Neill12

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrson + Agathe
  7. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That was acually a really interesting article. :50:

8. G40B

Looks like it.

However, Ange should’ve said all this when the support was eating out his hand a month or so ago.

If Brendan Rodgers couldn’t oust this board via the press, Ange certainly isn’t.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well of course they couldn’t and can’t. They’re employees.

Noskeil and The big Viduka like this.
  10. wulliebad

Its been clear for a while that money was not really our problem, We will never spend like the clubs in the bigger leagues but we seem to be getting beat in Europe more than a few times by clubs that have less money than celtic. The amount of time spent on here talking about who signs the players and who coaches defence ect shows where the problems are. The structure behind the manager if badly flawed. I have been saying it for years, the only time things will change is when we get rid off DD.

11. G40B

The fans can.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Potentially aye, but there would need to be a dramatic shift for that to happen.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I understand that we need to give the manager time, but he needs to be doing better with the players at his diposal.

I've stopped reading articles, i just want to see progress on the park, signs that we are moving forward, right now i'm not seeing that.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Mince.Charming, Peej and Cena like this.
  15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

100% the problem is behind the scenes. Be it interference by power hungry custodians, lack of infrastructure in the management side and the development of our youth teams where we are losing players. As we all know there are Scandinavian, Belgian and Danish teams on less budgets performing far better in Europe. The amount of times we have failed in qualifying for the CL is unforgivable for a club our size. It’s no coincidence under this board and is more problematic than the management or player shortfalls. We can’t be unlucky every * time.

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Question moving forward.

Is Celtic a club that is more concerned with selling players for a profit after being obtained at a relatively bargain price ?

Is Celtic a club that wants to be a powerhouse in Scottish and European football again ?

Most teams that have become legends in European and domestic football have kept the nucleus of their successful teams and made sure they have kept the players that have brought them success by renewing their contracts and collecting the prize money to be had in Europe and from both tv rights commissions and ticket sales percentages. Not to mention profits from increased merchandise sales.

Over the years we have seen - Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Manchester United, Leeds Utd, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Juventus, AC Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona etc.

I want to see Celtic be in that elite group once more.

17. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    If Celts do win the league, where will the doubters turn to with their pearls of wisdom then?
    Ma, I want ice cream NOW. I want ice cream Now not when you want, you hear me??
    Ofcourse i'm a mature * so, I want Celtic to have all they're * together, without any sort of realistic journey RIGHT NOW MA!!!! I can't find myself a girlfriend ma, but I have all the answers!

18. Mr. Slippyfist

* up.

19. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Hey MA, I'm a self entitled keyboard warrior therefore I'm a sack of *. Look, I told someone to * off!
    You fuckn worm, the Hoops were never going to win 35 out of 38 domestic matches plus Euro finals after last seasons rubbish and rabble. I like your dress though.

20. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    The reality now, to complete and win the Champions League, you need to be an asset of a Sovereign Wealth Fund. Bad and all Desmond, Lawwell and the board are, they ARE not as bad as the Qataris, UEA and KSA lot.

kramer1 likes this.