1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Take it your an Aussie?

2. FairDinkumMate

You fair dinkum?

What’s that got to do with Leeds?

3. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    You * brought them up

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56:

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:giggle1:

6. JamesM09

Last couple of posts are confusing as *.

Can we just ban anyone that mentions Leeds?

craigtheceltic and Xatraps like this.
  7. Sin

:56:

That made me laugh, thanks for that!

8. FairDinkumMate

Just having a discussion about football…apologies if you can’t handle that

9. murphy88

People calling for him to be sacked are venting their anger in the wrong direction. It was the board that sunk the Howe deal and then were forced into a knee * appointment. They then decided to bring in a manager with practically no European experience. He was also given coaches who had been part of the disaster from last season, and if he wasn’t prepared to work with them, I’ve no doubt in my mind he wouldn’t have been given the job. We needed arguably the biggest rebuild in our history and we still * about with pretty much every transfer. Waiting until we had money in before signing players, which then made Champions League qualification an impossibility, and meant we started the league season with players who hadn’t even trained with the team in the squad or starting at Tynecastle. Our squad is still threadbare at best as the bench has highlighted over the past few months.

If Postecoglou was to get sacked, the board would only bring in the next puppet. Probably Kennedy initially no doubt. Sacking Postecoglou doesn’t change anything in my opinion. Until we get change in the boardroom, I really don’t see how this situation gets fixed in all honesty. If they weren’t prepared to go out and put a marker down in the summer by bringing in a top manager and fully back him, then when will they? The whole thing has Lawwell written all over it. He is very much still pulling the strings in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  10. Kiro Kompiro

This man gets it.

murphy88 and Noskeil like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lawwell pulling the strings, based on what?

12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’m not sure what’s more annoying, either you’re so oblivious to what’s been going on at the club for years upon end, or you’re just trying to be provocative by asking the question.

* was the CEO for 17 years and he’s outlasted the new CEO :56:

Unheard of.

murphy88 and JamesM09 like this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * up, it’s a legitimate question. If someone thinks Lawwell is still “pulling the strings” then provide evidence for it.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The board are *, not a single word of disagreement from me and I was one of the brain dead * that gave up decades of being a season ticket holder to try pressure some kind of change....that worked out well with a fanbase full of lemmings.

That however is a completely separate issue from the manager and with what he has at his disposal, he should be doing far better than he is. He should be judged accordingly and not given a free pass due to a * of a Board.

Wee Baldy, Peej, rudebhoy67 and 2 others like this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    For that to work effectively you need one of the wingers to effectively be a midfielder when we do not have the ball.

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    It's up to the players on the field, that is what they are paid to do. Need more shooting and heading practise. Repitition makes for perfection. Look at Messi and Cristiano R - it did not just happen overnight. More work perfecting skills and composure on the ball and less excuses. Most of our players look rushed attempting to score. Each day they should be perfecting their skills and putting in more practise time getting things right, rather than counting the days till their next guaranteed pay day.

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

bitton for as long as hes been at celtic has maybe had one season where he was a first pick but mostly been as a squad filler

the poor play you mention could be attributed to soro and McCarthy aswell players need to be played continously and worked and coached to make their game better this is easier if they believe they have a future in the first team, id bank on soro bitton ajeti McCarthy and others not believing they are going to be first picks

that shouldnt happen at celtic or many proffesional clubs all players should be ready to offer their best whenever their picked, i feel soro should be able to hold down the dm role at celtic it seems he needs many games on the trot to hone his game though and its doubtful he'll be allowed to hone his game playing for celtic week in week out, id play him if we can get him to stop getting booked he doesnt need to tackle like a maniac

he at least can get around the field with pace and energy something the other 2 defensive mids cant actually do

18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I really would like to agree with you but it is up to the players in training to convince Ange that they are first team material and worthy to be in an active rotating squad.

If they do not do this, they will find themselves excluded once Ange gets more players in the January window . They are playing for a big club with an international reputation and they need to step up and do the business and put themselves in the shop window if they want their stakes to rise and have a successful career in the game.

19. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I was another 'brain dead *'. The fans had the chance to bring about change but blinked first...

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. murphy88

Based on the fact that absolutely nothing has changed in how we are operating. We brought in a new CEO who was going to bring fresh ideas and a new approach. He lasted all of 2 months before we were fed some * about personal reasons for him leaving. The transfer window in the summer was no different to any other under Lawwell’s stewardship.

G40B likes this.