1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    If ma Aunty had baws she’d be ma uncle

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Currently there is 4 teams with a much smaller budget and worse squads that are out performing us so any of them probably. Not saying that's what I want or I would accept that but the point still stands

3. dmccourt95

Motherwell had an entire squad rebuild and have took 4/6 points from Livi and Huns away, it’s true that he’s been dealt a bad hand, it’s also true he’s not doing the best with what he’s been given

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Agree but point still stands.

Exactly. Our squad is weak, yes. But he's not getting enough out them. Nowhere near enough.

5. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    As it stands it's still a dip in form, and that can turn on one result.

6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    The first time Bournemouth had an injury crisis under Howe, they were relegated. Different league, different position and all that, but there's really nothing supporting your assertion that he'd have this threadbare squad top of the league. In fact, he was criticised during the season they were relegated for still trying to play an attacking brand of football without the players capable of doing it.

Sydneysider and marty89 like this.
  7. limezer

I’m still confident he will bring the title home, as our players come back we will get stronger as the season progresses there’s a long way to go.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. bigmac7288

Ange seems like a decent guy but the board has * him over even if we get our injured players back they might get injured again.

why does he not have his own backroom staff??

All to do with the board they aren't backing him so forget signing superstars in Jan cause it’s not happening

9. john2061

The manager can only do so much with the squad he has and we have still have the two jokers there as his backroom staff and the bench over the weeks has been a disgrace and start to think the board has set him up to fail as you know who's waiting in the wings Desmond pal wee Strachan .

10. Sin

There is a long time to go, also there is a chance he could turn it round...

The bad thing is this is a results business rebuild or not, we get beat from the sheep and I think he is *, even if he isn't then we still have trips to Motherwell and Hibs after that, another defeat at either of those then even his biggest fans, those Aussie guys that post now and again, would say it was time for him to go!

He needs a result this weekend and then he needs to get through October.

11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I agree and wish he'dcall out other bullshit. Some of his lashing out has been petty though.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We all know the media are no fans of Celtic and will latch onto anything negative to try to create disharmony at the club; that said though I don't think asking him if he grasps the magnitude of the club and need to win games on the back of atrocious defeats to a newly-promoted Hearts team that couldn't string 3 passes and a Livingston side that was seriously poor, is all that unfair. Particularly when the strategy, formation and personnel remain constant both pre and during these games.

If he did understand the magnitude of those games in the context that whoever wins this League has a big financial leg up to potentially dominate for years to come then I believe he would understand that winning those games by hook or crook was more of a priority than trying to develop his overall playing style.

He himself said we couldn't afford to drop many more points and a few days later we stumble to a draw to an average Dundee United side at home. He said he was happy with the performance overall and we certainly created enough chances to win the game but we were also extremely sloppy all over the park, both defensively and offensively. Winning games is the only thing that matters at this point, I hope he begins to acknowledge that.

13. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Unfortunately Ange’s disdain for the media is all too evident here. However it doesn’t make his comments wrong.
    And agree with most of you, the pressure is certainly on and he needs results. But! This is a project, and I bet my left nut he sold himself to the club on that basis, and that he’d be given sufficient time. I think he’s still got till the new year.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  14. bigmac7288

Celtic football club isn’t a project never has been and never will be.

U bet ur left Nut on he knew this and would be given sufficient time from someone that’s not even at the club anymore.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s hardly lashed out. He speaks calmly, tells it how it is.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but in what way is he related to the Strachan family?

James, Doogs. and Cena like this.
  17. Sydneysider

Most of the MSM in Scotland are inadequate, second rate * who have waited ten years to put the knife in Celtic.

From the arselickers at the beeb to the grubs at the record - thick as * arseholes.

Chimps have more integrity ( and ability ) than the Scots media twats.

18. Kiro Kompiro

Great post.

A dearth of talent and injuries are mitigating factors in the options for him to "change things up" in a meaningful way.

I'm not one of the Postecoglou fanbois by any stretch, I think he is inflexible and not a very good coach defensively, but jeez some of the individual things those players that have been fit have done are diabolical and literally cost the team wins-Edoaurd, Starfeldt, and the * last game who broke the laws of physics to miss an open goal from 2 yards out OVER the cross bar. All coach killers. But as always its easier to change the manager then it is to change the squad, so he'll cop the heat.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  19. Kiro Kompiro

Agreed. How anyone who witnessed the chances created and horrible finishing can blame it all on the manager is beyond me. The manager is there to set the team up to create the chances. The players have to take them- they're likely getting paid multiple times more than the manager is, time they started earning their keep.

20. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    *Dundee United. The Huns played Dundee at the weekend…