1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    We all know that ajeti can't play up front on his own. I'd like to see some players featuring that have been bench warmers such as Shaw

2. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The arrogance. This is Celtic, mate. We’re in ‘these circumstances’ continually with this morally bankrupt board. They barely bother with scouting or sports science, so every manager (barring 2010, and one or two windows near the start of Rodgers’ time) has been left without sufficient depth after each transfer window, and as soon as injuries hit, they have to adapt. At that point, it simply doesn’t matter how good Plan A is, because it’s down the pan.

Managers manage; they adapt. Ange isn’t showing that he can do that.

King of Kings likes this.
  3. stew37

The best manager on the planet would struggle with the hand he was dealt. It's much improved from when Lennon was in charge. If folk just allow him the time I'm confident he'll do the business.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Of course the board take the blame as well they panic appointed him after the Howe deal fell through due to the city group link then tried to tell us with a straight face he was McKay's man all along ... The guy from Scottish rugby Defo knew who the manager of the 7th best team in Japan was

Free the Adblock and martin_d like this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Right, so it's the board's fault that we have umpteen injuries anaw then aye?

Nowhere have I said that they don't have any blame to be laid at their door, but I'm glad at least in the boldened part there you agree with me that Mr. Postecoglou deserves his share of criticism for today...

6. Orsenfelt

Could have easily done something we don't have the players to do? There is no high energy midfield to be made out of Turnbull, Rogic, McCarthy, Soro and Bitton.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    How can he try and implement some high intensity, pressing tempo with one of the slowest midfields I've ever seen?

What is making him stand there and think, this is working....whilst any decent, fresh midfield waltz past us untroubled?

How can he see that and stick with it?

If he plays those 2 then he can't play that system, but has no plan b..

He has it all wrong..

He hasn't got a clue how to chance a game because he has no other alternative to attacking football, that clearly doesn't work every week..

We're in major trouble..

His timing of subs or lack of them
    His starting decision making
    How he stands saying fuckall every week

We've got no runners
    A defence that can't defend, coupled with them trying to play out from the back but 3/4 of them haven't got it in them
    Toothless up top

Diabolical start to a season and no way am I confident going to Pittodrie after Leverkusen smash us by 4 or 5 on Thursday..

8. JamesM09

We actually know decent managers/managers with reputation won’t take the job because of the horrendously unprofessional working conditions.

I know it’s popular to bash Howe on here but the guy wanted to come here to some extent but couldn’t be given basic and reasonable guarantees so didn’t come here in the end.

I don’t understand why we didn’t react to that. He was clearly right and it’s happening to Ange now.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and The Phoenix like this.
  9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m genuinely not convinced it is.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The business of what, exactly? Adapting to circumstances is literally a key part of the definition of ‘managing’. He isn’t showing any signs of knowing where to begin.

If he were trying to change it up, and making mistakes in the process, that might be one thing, but just naively sticking to his guns and hoping for it to change is a highway to the sack.

11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not convinced it is much better at this stage, although admittedly the squad is far worse and we've at least seen glimpses of the style he wants to play.

That said, it's going to take far longer than a few months to fix the mess that was inherited.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Because it was far easier for people to shift the blame to how for ‘messing us about’.

Event high he’s currently unemployed, it’s clear as day he dodged a bullet.

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I know what you mean, but it is the board's fault that we don't have sufficient depth to deal with the injuries. A lot of us saw that coming in the summer. I like the players we brought in, but that was never going to be enough.

But yes, he does deserve at least some of the blame.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou: "We're disappointed with the outcome obviously but in terms of our approach to the game and the way we played, the manner in which we took the game to them, I think it's exactly what our supporters want to see."

Belter

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Did anyone really expect him to definately win the League in his first season after inheriting this mess at short notice ? I am sure we all want him to do that and with a cracking team in place he probably would. He is not in that situation.He was hired to bring about renewal and transition to the team moving forward and getting a decent squad playing attacking football with an eye to successful seasons moving forward.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

We needed Howe more than he needed us, right now we have a manager who is just greatful for the gig, that's never a good thing.

Sgt Neppers* and martin_d like this.
  17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

7 players that he signed played today, he hasn’t got a * clue. People making excuse after excuse, instead of just admitting he’s another Pedro.

crazy-horse1977 and martin_d like this.
  18. Celticbhoy97

Question needs to be asked I’m sorry utter pish and have been for weeks

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agreed that there’s no high energy midfield there, but there’s still ways to increase the energy there. I mean putting in Soro for McCarthy/Rogic/Turnbull immediately does it for starters.

Basically, the midfield we started with doesn’t work, and that should come as no surprise because it shouldn’t work, even in paper.

martin_d likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

I completely agree with that.

That being said, the players that we have had at our disposal the last two games have still been significantly better (on paper) than what we have come up against, and yet the manager still cannot tweak his approach to deal with this.

Colin Robinson and Artorias like this.